The Dark Knight

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, So credibility probably wasn't the right word to use, what I meant to say with my original statement and follow-up is that after brokeback mountain I've had little faith in Ledger as an actor, and with the negative publicity he got from it, it has only reinforced my feelings (The changing of the drink is an example of the publicity) Finally as I also said, I enjoyed the batman begins enough to watch it anyway, which was on-topic and my half-assed reply above wasn't thought through well enough.

Regardless I haven't said anything homophobic so I hope you're not calling me a bigot.

I apologise if you weren't able to follow my thoughts. When really it was just the one word that misdirected my comment. Stop being so angry.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think this is a great way of ledger getting out of both typecasts he's had since he began acting. he started out as a pretty boy for teen/comedy films, and then after brokeback mountain most people won't hire him.

this is an incredible opportunity for him to prove he's above all that, and it looks like he's doing an awsome job.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm sure if it was some type of female role ie movie and a chick who played a lesbian in a lesbian drama movie with homosexual scenes, people would have no problem because they get penor happy. How does being *** in a movie lose the ability to act? It doesn't, he played a convincing role to the male equivalent from the scenes in Wild Things omigawd shoot him.

As for Nicholson's joker...he was a decent joker but he wasn't THE Joker.

Burton didn't even read the comics at all, he had the loose storyyline and ran with it in his weird burton way, so meh.

Batman begins was a breath of fresh air, THAT is batman, although hearing Bale do his gruff batman voice was laughable, he did a good job, Batman got gritty again.

Now the joker isn't "silly", he's psychotic.

(same reason I think Spacey > Hackman as Luthor, Hackman was too silly and upbeat, Spacey was awesome.)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spacey is always awesome.

I'm looking forward to this, I rarely think that about a movie these days. I think the guy pulls of joker pretty well, who cares if he played a *** role, it obviously shows diverse acting talent, it's not like he's going to make the Joker camp or anything.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh snap... did he stuff his mouth with laughing gas? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom