The closer I look, the more I see..

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dead pixels, wtf!?
I recently got a wide screen LCD monitor.
It has a fast response time and cannot notice the blur unless you focus onto a certain point.
Which I never can do on WoW..
Although I'm starting to get dead pixels on my monitor, I bought it about a month ago.
Any suggestions on what to look out for in new LCD monitors?
Should I just stick with CRT's?
http://www.proview.com/Product/Product_Spec.aspx?sn=421&pi=118&ii=3119

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the cable plugged in correctly/firmly ?.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, that wont do anything to change a dead pixel. if its dead, its dead, simple as that.

if its starting to affect your viewing experiance, and its within 12 months of purchace, contact the manufacturer, and ask them what their requirements are in terms of service/replacement.

most manufacturers wont touch a screen with less than 10% dead spots, although it depends on where they are, and how clustered they are.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
lol, that wont do anything to change a dead pixel. if its dead, its dead, simple as that.
Sometimes, people over-suspect things. As already stated, return the monitor if you still have warranty on it if you can't end up fixing it yourself.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
Is the cable plugged in correctly/firmly ?.
:rolleyes:

When i got mine the computer shop told me if i find 6 dead spots in 12 months they'll replace mine for free so yea find out like axman said.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[S] said:
:rolleyes:

When i got mine the computer shop told me if i find 6 dead spots in 12 months they'll replace mine for free so yea find out like axman said.
You seem to all be forgetting that choppy pixel display can also be caused by the user themself, not the product, with warranty claims/product returns being last resort. You also have to consider the policy that different manafactureres will offer you relating to dead pixels before you return the product. I myself have come across a few screens with dead pixels, 2 of witch had serious issues and the other seeming to have a few but were not really visible unless you looked hard enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom