The beam system

Best answers
I think the beam system needs more improving.. I mean its good now.. but :/ after you miss your target Thats pretty much it there is no controling the beam to turn it around and hit your target in the back :/

Here is how i think it should work

I think the New Beam System should work like the current 1 with minor(but every helpful) adjustments.

- After shooting a beam past my target i can use some ki / stamina to pull off a *Sharp turn*

After the beam is shot the player has the ability to turn his screen and have almost no hope of hitting his target after he's dodged...

Or the player can use the sharp turn
Sharp Turn: after beaming simply press the that points where you want to turn the beam.. Right arrow to Sharp Turn right, left arrow to sharp turn left, up to sharp turn around upward. and down to sharp turn around downward

So lets say i shot the beam straight.. after pressing the right arrow the beam has completely turned around and is coming back to my direction. So while its coming back if i look left the beam will come in my direction but more to the left.

Same idea for the other arrows....

i say this should be only availbe with gen beams.. And with a little practice people could pull of some crazy beam chases

Best answers
yea but what about those people that are kind of far away an they like to tele alot.. Its kinda easy just to tele to the side 1 or 2 times and dodge a beam.. I think it would be fun to try evade someone who had alot of control over a gen beam

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually liked 1.1's beam system a lot.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
yea but what about those people that are kind of far away an they like to tele alot.. Its kinda easy just to tele to the side 1 or 2 times and dodge a beam.. I think it would be fun to try evade someone who had alot of control over a gen beam
OK lets see. I dont like it.

Reasons. It kinda pulls the beam system off totaly. Besides if you are shooting people that far off make shure your beam is hella strong not gen beam. Also if you fire a beam past the oponent you put your cursor over him. Than the beam will turn automaticly.

But didnt you have this suggestion befor. Only with pressing the back button

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
I think the beam system needs more improving.. I mean its good now.. but :/ after you miss your target Thats pretty much it there is no controling the beam to turn it around and hit your target in the back :/

Here is how i think it should work

I think the New Beam System should work like the current 1 with minor(but every helpful) adjustments.

- After shooting a beam past my target i can use some ki / stamina to pull off a *Sharp turn*

After the beam is shot the player has the ability to turn his screen and have almost no hope of hitting his target after he's dodged...

Or the player can use the sharp turn
Sharp Turn: after beaming simply press the that points where you want to turn the beam.. Right arrow to Sharp Turn right, left arrow to sharp turn left, up to sharp turn around upward. and down to sharp turn around downward

So lets say i shot the beam straight.. after pressing the right arrow the beam has completely turned around and is coming back to my direction. So while its coming back if i look left the beam will come in my direction but more to the left.

Same idea for the other arrows....

i say this should be only availbe with gen beams.. And with a little practice people could pull of some crazy beam chases
Again it's a bad idea. Why might you ask? The answer is simple: what's the point?

Okay, let's imagine this was implimented. And before I get into an example as to why it's bad, let's go over the "Laws of ESF"
1. In order to hit the opponent you must have your cross hairs on them
2. If they miss press the button 'x' (x being what ever you have the key binded to) to pull off a shart turn in hopes of hitting the person with your beam.

Example one: Player A shoots a kamehameha at Player B. Player A misses and it goes past Player B. Player B swoops/teleports/ both toward Player A, hitting them and knocking them backward, or entering Adv. melee.

Now my question is: what's the point when you could have just exploded the beam with right click and hit them with the spash radius. That's what the splash radius is there for. If there was no radius in ESF no one would ever use beams.

There isn't a need for a sharp turn method, because if the persons a pro, he'll just move out of the way, and come at you because you're wide open.

But wait Fire Phoenix what if it's a noob!

Okay, if it's a noob and you miss, either you really suck at aiming, or it was a fluke and need to try again, because we both know he's not going to pull off anything fancy on you.

EDIT

Wow, i just decided to read your entire post. And now i must say: WHAT is the point. Gen beams? Gen beams are the sharpest turning beam in the game. What's the point in making them turn sharper? That just furthers my argument as to why this shouldn't be "implimented"

Best answers
thats my point... you wouldnt have to have your mouse on your target after turning a beam around ... IT works like this... after you've sharp turned and turned your beam around... PRETEND your mouse IS the head of the beam and your pulling it towards you... SO while the beam is coming back in your direction If you move the mouse left the beam starts to move left if you move your mouse up the beam goes up if you move the mouse down the beam goes down.. and if you move the mouse right the beam begins turning right

Force Pit Member
Best answers
so basically, you want the -wasd- movement controls to move the beam around + the mouse, adding movement to it?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, I ask you this:

Why change something that works fine?

Best answers
its not changing it.. its just adding more control.. it works the same way as it does now except with my idea you can actually turn the beam around with more control without turning your screen 180 degrees...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
thats my point... you wouldnt have to have your mouse on your target after turning a beam around ... IT works like this... after you've sharp turned and turned your beam around... PRETEND your mouse IS the head of the beam and your pulling it towards you... SO while the beam is coming back in your direction If you move the mouse left the beam starts to move left if you move your mouse up the beam goes up if you move the mouse down the beam goes down.. and if you move the mouse right the beam begins turning right
No, you're misunderstanding what I said. Allow me to rephrase it. In ORDER to HIT someone, you have to have your mouse on the person (currently) to hit them. Now tell me how good your aim is going to be if you don't have your mouse on them. Exaclty. This is an impossibility. One way or another if you are going to hit someone with a beam especially a gen beam which is the fastest moving beam, (making it less accurate) and smallest splash radius (making it next to impossible to hit someone even by exploding it)

Yeah, I understand exaclty what you want. And as I said before, it's not going to work. Unless the beam magically moves faster than a person who swoops or teleports it won't work. Not only that, but you don't need the wasd keys to move the beam. If a person is coming at you and the beam passed them, just put your cross hairs on them and the beam will automatically turn and come at them. And at this point, only a fool, or a noob would keep the beam going in hopes of hitting the person.

There isn't a point to this. It won't work, it's too hard to manipulate the beam in the way you want it (unless you go into first person mode with the beam) which that in itself is bad, making you even more vulnerable. It won't work. Simple as that.

You don't have to turn 180º to turn the beam around. Not if you're using it on a player. If you want to turn the beam around and hit someone behind you, then yes, whether you have this attribute or not, it won't make a difference you need to see that person to aim where to put the beam anyway.

I agree with Hybs on this, the way a beam is controlled now is perfect. If you want the beam to turn around, you mouse over something it went past already. If a guy is coming at you, and a beam is past him, just put your cross hairs on him, and bam the beam will begin to turn.

This like all your other suggestions is a half-baked not enoughthought put into it suggestion.

I'd love to see you be able to control a gen beam with this type of control. From a third person perspective it's impossible due to lack of depth perception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom