The Avatar vs. Gaara of the Sand

Who would win

• Gaara

Votes: 19 70.4%

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just thinking about it, now we are talking about the kid Gaara, not the teenager, and the avatar, the kid that looks similar to Krillin with a blue arrow printed on his head. Now we know that Gaara controls sand, and can manipulate it easily, and the Avatar can control water and air, therefore he has many advantages against sand, he can blow it away or make it harden. It also depends on the landscape that battle takes place. Lets say it too place on the beach, both fighters would be at an advantage, but personally Gaara would win, because the Avatar is less experienced in water bending and is not a very serious fighter, which was revealed by watching the anime.

Best answers
I dont think Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime. Because it wasn't a manga seeing as it was made in the USA. But anyways. Aang (the avatar) has fully mastered waterbending, airbending, and earthbending. So no matter where they fought he could fight his best. But I dont know who would win because you can't really compare two different shows. But I guess I'd say Aang because he could just blow Gaara's sand away and his air would be faster than the sand.
Aang:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But anyways. Aang (the avatar) has fully mastered waterbending, airbending, and earthbending.
Is that so?

I wouldn't know, I haven't watched much of the show in a distant while, and thanks for the info.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL!

Avatar has not only the look of Teen Titans, but the lack of overall ferocity.

Gaara is a merciless Kazekage, who would kill without hesitation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are Gaara's sand techniques weak versus water? I remember someone saying something like that during the Chuunin exam. Could be wrong though. If that's the case then Gaara might lose.

Otherwise, he would crush that kid into a bloody paste.

Best answers
LOL!

Avatar has not only the look of Teen Titans, but the lack of overall ferocity.

Gaara is a merciless Kazekage, who would kill without hesitation.
That was one picture. Otherwise the same could be said about Naruto or Goku.
err...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once again, for someone who hasn't watched the TV Show, for more then about 10 episodes assumes that Aang is some puny character, look at Rock Lee, he is skinny as straw and actually put a Scratch of Gaara in the Chuunin exams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avatar, hands down - versus any Naruto character. Situation would be the same for any DBZ vs. Naruto scenario.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gaara is very suseptible (sp?) to water...in one of the last episodes of the regular Naruto some dude "watered him down" and he couldn't move b/c the sand became too heavy and he was unable to use his sand in a positive way.

So yea this dude probably would win if they were to use their chakra or w/e, but I think Gaara wins with the whole evil power thing...and that's the only thing that really counts in this world isn't it? That and badassery.

Best answers
I Think Gaara Would win even if he was a kid, but if Gaara Would kill Aang than aangs lost brother Model ZX would Pwn Gaara

Best answers
Avatar, hands down - versus any Naruto character. Situation would be the same for any DBZ vs. Naruto scenario.
DBZ and Naruto are on very different levels of power. In DBZ they blow up planets and in Naruto they can hardly cut down forests. Naruto characters would get pulverized against any DBZ character...
Gaara is very suseptible (sp?) to water...in one of the last episodes of the regular Naruto some dude "watered him down" and he couldn't move b/c the sand became too heavy and he was unable to use his sand in a positive way.

So yea this dude probably would win if they were to use their chakra or w/e, but I think Gaara wins with the whole evil power thing...and that's the only thing that really counts in this world isn't it? That and badassery.
"That episode was a filler and does not count as proof" is my protocol. Realistically speaking Gaara can make more sand out of minerals in the ground, it really doesnt matter if some of his sand gets wet.(He would be pretty weak Kazekage if he could be beaten with only some water.)

No i havent watched Avatar so i cant really say which one would win, but i know that controlling multiple elements has a advantage over controlling only one. So that Aang dude could have his chances...

(However Full metal alchemist would pwn them both, he can control all elements ad turn them into another matter if possible :D )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"That episode was a filler and does not count as proof" is my protocol. Realistically speaking Gaara can make more sand out of minerals in the ground, it really doesnt matter if some of his sand gets wet.(He would be pretty weak Kazekage if he could be beaten with only some water.)
Yea I forgot Gaara could do that too since he did to finally kill that dude using the Shukaku Spear thingy using the sand that he made from the minerals...man Gaara just ****ing owns

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only just got into "Avatar" last month, but I still think this is a bad matchup. I've heard about this Gaara character (understand I am Naruto-challenged) and my understanding is that he has some form of geomancy. Well, considering at the current point in the show that Aang can willingly enter the "Avatar State" (it's a hyper-sort of powerup; think a watered down version of the Super Saiyan) I don't think there'd be much chance here.

A better matchup would be this guy against the Avatar character with a mastery for earth manipulation, Toph. Although, I've gathered from this guy's name that he can manipulate sand as well, and if sand came into play it would be bad for Toph; she can barely manipulate sand due to her methods of sensing.

Oh, and as far as making the series look like kid stuff? The plot is actually pretty clever, and the humor is actually funny. But things definitely get dark. In the season 1 finale, two characters snuff it. One in sacrifice, one mercillessly killed by Aang (though it's arguable that he wasn't consciously doing so). But if you want to see him pissed off, you should watch the episode following after his Bison is stolen. He lashes out at people out of spite, threatens (with some hefty malice in his voice and face) the original thieves and continually destroys their transports, and at one point becomes so pissed off that he slams his staff into a sand dune, resulting in the entire dune being upheaved and producing an explosion that resembles a mushroom cloud that's seen for miles.

I've also been surprised at how the show has a gift for making you feel a glancing blow of the trouble the characters get in while in domestic situations. Those who have watched the show will probably know what I'm talking about.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Aang would win for sure. He knows how to use 4 elements: Water, Air, Earth, and Fire (yes fire, he knows how to use it but he hasn't exactly mastered the control yet for fear of harming one of his friends again). He has a huge advantage over the elements, and that's without his avatar state on. Once that's unleashed he becomes pretty unstoppable, taking out an entire army single-handedly. Aang ftw!

Best answers
hm I like Gaara more he is more serious i dont think that a gofy boy will defeat Gaara

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does his personality matter, we are talking about fighting skills not personality.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ and Naruto are on very different levels of power. In DBZ they blow up planets and in Naruto they can hardly cut down forests. Naruto characters would get pulverized against any DBZ character...
Quoted for truth. Anyone who argues with this is just an obsessed child.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, Itachi has a good chance against any dbz character as long as they look at his eyes D:

I dont know about this Avatar though, maybe he could beat Gaara, but i dunno, Gaara's a Jinchuriki, if he lost, Avatar would have a serious opponent against him.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Avatar is just a title, his name is Aang. And technically he's not a "kid", he's over 100 years old =P. He may be goofy, but he's pretty good and when he goes into his avatar state, he becomes serious , hell he loses control of himself and just becomes an all out killing machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom