The '120 seconds' rule thing in teh forum

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's most likely been suggested before, but I'm too tired to search through 500 threads :0

Anyways, you know when you post something, then quickly another, it says you cant post for 120 seconds. Well I was wondering of two things:

(my main idea)
1.) Make there a Timer so you know how much longer you gotta wait before you can post again.

And something else that i KNOW has been posted before.
2.) change it it 60 seconds :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though I'm retired, I'll answer this one.

We let our guard down once, when the forum had only one thousand members. We now have tens of thousands of members, even with most of those inactive, that's alot of active users. Now, last time, I removed the posting limit, the forum was overwhelmed and the server crashed. VT was underamused, so it went to being 90 seconds, which still caused problems because people were rapid posting. 120 seconds has made it so the forum has not crashed from spamnation since.

So your short answer is that it will never be lowered.

To address the other issue, we don't have the capability of putting in a timer, and Greg is unlikely to want to do so. Therefore, no timer for you. Check your clock, and if it took you less than two minutes to write your post, grammar and spell check it. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom