THATS IT!! Chrono trigger vs Final Fantasy

What is the better\best game?

• Chrono Trigger(WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT!!!!!!!!!)

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Final Fantasy (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrono Trigger vs Final Fantasy

Please refer to this at your reply:
- Why did you choose what you chose?

- Is it ok that square-enix completely ignores re-making Chrono Trigger and focusing on Final Fantasy?

Edit\Note: Judge it by your favorite FF of the series!

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, what's the point of this thread?

Who cares if square enix ignored Chrono Trigger?

None of them are better, it's completely opinion based.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This belongs in Video Game section, by the way :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That all depends on which FF game, I guess. I really love CT, but there are a couple of FF games that, depending on my mood, I may put in front of CT (those would be FF 4 and 6).

I can't really vote in this case, as you're pitting a whole series against one game.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's now a question of CT versus my favorite FF game, then I'll have to vote in favor of a tie. CT is pure awesome, but so is FF 6 (and 4, when I want a challenge).

Best answers
tbh I don't know what CT is, never heard of it. But I have played FF and I'm guessing theres a reason why CT was never continued but FF was. There are probably TONS of games that people thought were awesome but never made sequels...I know personally I loved "Legend of Dragoon" and thought it was one of the best games ever(I'd still play it if I had it), but that game never got a sequel :(

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They did make a sequel to Chrono Trigger; it was called Chrono Cross, and it was released on the PSX back in 2000. A lot of people will contend that CC isn't worth the mention in the face of CT, but in its own way, CC was an outstanding game.

You owe it to yourself to check out CT if you enjoyed the earlier installments of the FF series. While it doesn't have the same combat system as FF, it has a story and atmosphere that are both as brilliant as any other FF game from that era.

Best answers
Tbh, I'm really into pretty graphics and awesome features now. RPG's are more of my younger days type of games. =\ Especially since I had the time to just sit there for 3-4 days lvling up and getting all the special stuff lol

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
How can you compare one video game vs a whole series? Which FF? I'd say CT was better then FF1,2,3,4,5,equal to 6, 8,9,equal to 10, 10-2

Force Pit Member
Best answers
By the way, do the FF series has connection to each other? As a series? Like each game is a sequel?

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
No, each game is a totally different story, world, etc

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I doubt if the name Final Fantasy really is logic to the games plot..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The story goes that Squaresoft was nearly out of business when they put out Final Fantasy, hence the title. They expected it to be the last title they ever produced, so they put all the work they could into their swan song, and it ended up selling like crazy instead of tanking them. They took up the work ethic of creating every title from that point forward as though it were going to be their last, and that's why they are all named Final Fantasy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The story goes that Squaresoft was nearly out of business when they put out Final Fantasy, hence the title. They expected it to be the last title they ever produced, so they put all the work they could into their swan song, and it ended up selling like crazy instead of tanking them. They took up the work ethic of creating every title from that point forward as though it were going to be their last, and that's why they are all named Final Fantasy.
I remember watching a documentary on video games about that.

I've never played CT myself. I've played ff7 though, and that game really took the cake for me for the longest time.

but I can't vote without of playing CT.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
comparing one game to an entire series doesnt make alot of sense,

by default chrono trigger is better than at least a few FF games, ill give you that. (ffx ffx-2 XD), but final fantasy 2 and 3 more than hold their own if you wanna stay old school.

personally i didnt like ff7, the story was too unreal and the characters too unbelievable, i didnt find myself ONCE feeling any emotions for any of the characters, whether it be sad/happy/anger. the story was not played out as well as it couldve have been.

ill catch hell for this im sure, but ff8. all of the characters seemed more real, and the world as a whole seemed more real too, at several points in the game i was genuinely happy or sad for the characters on the screen, it was much easier to put yourself in their shoes (for me anyways)

in that scene towards the end when squall lept from the safety of the spacecraft to be with rinoa as she floated off into space, KNOWING he didnt have enough oxygen to make it back I almost cried.

seeing squall go from a pent up antisocial teenager to someone who would risk his life to save the girl he loved, and eventually step up to lead the entire seed garden thingy was very exciting. The speech he gave when he took command of the garden, combined with the epic ass soundtrack was psyching me up for the coming battle for realz, FF7 NEVER had a moment like this.

chrono trigger? i never got the full experience unfortunately, i bought a used copy that had a save file with nearly maxed chars, but i did play through the game countless times to do everything, and get all the endings.

love the ending where you get to talk to npcs that represent the dev staff =D.

but in the case of this poll, i have to say final fantasy wins, for the reason of ff8 alone. sure the junction system was ***, but once you had everything set up you didnt have to do jack **** =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrono Trigger is actually an overall better game than a few of the Final Fantasy installments. One thing I hated the most about Final Fantasy was the way the fight sequences worked, where if you were walking, randomly an enemy would attack you. It gets pretty annoying after awhile, I can't really subject myself to randomly generated fights, I'd rather be able to see my opponents before I fight, so I will be able to have the choice of fighting, or not fighting. I like what Chrono Cross, Trigger, and Super Mario RPG did.

Also, I think Final Fantasy 12 isn't a very good game, the fighting system is slow and tedious, and just about everything they changed with the weapons, (licensing), was somewhat absurd, I just don't see how that system could work in a Final Fantasy game. The main characters of the games ever since Final Fantasy 7, have all been made up of over emotional and introvert protagonists, with the exception of Zidane and Tidus.

Best answers
I voted for CT. It's an RPG that i will never forget. After the first few hours of gameplay i spent my whole day playing it. And the multiple endings sucked me in even more. It's awesome how every action you make in the past changes events in the future.

FF however did not impress me that much (in exception of 6,9 and 12).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom