Thanos Rising

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Not sure how many people here read comics, but this is a good read. It's the origin of perhaps Marvel comic's most dangerous supervillain. He's got the physical strength to turn planet's into dust with just his punches, durability to go through black holes, take point blank planet destroying blasts to the face and laugh it off, survive shots from even Odin, he's also an extremely powerful telepath, and like others who possess the power cosmic, he can manipulate matter on the atomic scale. His greatest asset however, is his brain, he is a super genius that makes even Reed Richards or Doom look dumb, and because of that, he is the only villain who has successfully brought down not just the universe, but Marvel's entire multiverse.

"This is without a doubt one of the creepiest stories I've ever gotten to write for Marvel. It's the origin of an outer space serial killer, the story of the universe's weirdest romance and a grand cosmic tragedy, all wrapped up in one," explained writer Jason Aaron. "This is me taking five issues to really dig into the head of a space-faring world conqueror, mass murderer and hopeless romantic. I love writing stories with villains as the main character, and this book is about Thanos all the way."

Here are the first few pages:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are just the 2 out right now?

Edit: Looks like. I'll read it tonight.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, 3rd one comes out in June

Best answers
I saw this comic and thought about getting it but I flipped through it real quickly and changed my mind, I might have to check it out. I don't know too much about Thanos but I know some of the things he's done in the Marvel Universe. I even have an issue where he takes the Silver Surfer on a tour of the universe and where he confronts Spider-Man in the afterlife.

Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch issue #1 is definitely one of my top 3 favorites which is the aftermath of The Infinity Gauntlet, which I'm sure you're already aware of. I loved that series and how it ended as well.

I imagine they'll keep hyping up this character so in 2015 when the Avengers 2 comes out people will be more familiar with him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom