Thank you Mods/Admins

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to say Thank you to all the Mods and Admins on the ESF forums. You guys have to deal with a bunch of crap that goes on around here and you guys handle things very nicely. I am sorry that not everyone on the forums can be mature which makes you guys babysitters but still, without you guys, this forum would have been crap. Thank you for dealing with all the garbage.

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I would like to say Thank you to all the Mods and Admins on the ESF forums. You guys have to deal with a bunch of crap that goes on around here and you guys handle things very nicely. I am sorry that not everyone on the forums can be mature which makes you guys babysitters but still, without you guys, this forum would have been crap. Thank you for dealing with all the garbage.
Even thoght I am not a mod or an admin, am I allowed to take off my pants and bend over? Please? :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very kind words, Kidboy. I'm sure the rest of the moderation staff appreciates it as much as I do. However, you'll have to try a lot harder if you want 1.3 early. XD

Godhand said:
Even thoght I am not a mod or an admin, am I allowed to take off my pants and bend over? Please? :(
Uh. . . Kaayyy. . .

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Very kind words, Kidboy. I'm sure the rest of the moderation staff appreciates it as much as I do. However, you'll have to try a lot harder if you want 1.3 early. XD

Uh. . . Kaayyy. . .
Actually this wasn't an attempt to get 1.3. I'm not addicted like most of the people here. I just wanted to thank you guys for dealing with so much stuff. It shows how much you guys care about your jobs. Thank you very much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do i feel sick?? COUGH suck up COUGH >_<

but yea the admins do deal with a lot.. but a thank you for dealing with ****? ahah okay sounds good then

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No problem Kidboy. We work very hard to produce an enjoyable mod. Its threads like this that give us that extra push to continue our work. Thanks Kidboy.

By we, I mean me. I single-handedly created ESF. How? Time machine. If you dont believe me, ask me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to take this oppurtunity to congratuate Pain on becoming an admin...mysteriously...overnight...without being a supermod beforehand, thus strengthening my belief that he's sleeping with someone behind the scenes :O

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain graduated when he became a member of the development team silly.

I appreciate it. The comments wouldn't hold any ground if we were, say, being paid to do this, but it's just a time investment to keep things running more smoothly than they might be otherwise. We get a lot of criticisms for being too strict and over-staffed, but when I visit more leniant forums with only a handful of admins I'm used to seeing ridiculous amounts of spam and endless trolling flamewars. I like the way we have things set up here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'd like to take this oppurtunity to congratuate Pain on becoming an admin...mysteriously...overnight...without being a supermod beforehand, thus strengthening my belief that he's sleeping with someone behind the scenes :O
It has something to do with his pointless Public Relations status =P. Not to worry, though! He doesn't really have any admin privaledges due to some little bug, only the name change, so we're safe for now... but he did spy into my signature for the image change code... :(.

Oh, and thanks for the thanks. Make sure not to judge admins/mods/team members based on how they act in the Force Pit as it's the get away for everyone.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Don't be silly :p

I gave Pain admin access due to his somewhat-recently obtained role as the Public Relations official for ESF. Masta and I felt that it was a logical course of action. Since forum competitions and the Force Pit are, in a sense, his responsibility, the extra bells and whistles avaiable to admins will come in handy for him.

...but don't expect him to go around banning people - there was a long and frank discussion held about that ;)

Sonic Boyster said:
I appreciate it. The comments wouldn't hold any ground if we were, say, being paid to do this, but it's just a time investment to keep things running more smoothly than they might be otherwise. We get a lot of criticisms for being too strict and over-staffed, but when I visit more leniant forums with only a handful of admins I'm used to seeing ridiculous amounts of spam and endless trolling flamewars. I like the way we have things set up here.
I agree - thanks for your kind words, KidBoy. It is gratifying to know that there are people who appreciate the often misunderstood role that we were asked to take on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd also like to say that Ravendust could be correct. I am one great piece of ass. ;)

Smith| said:
Not to worry, though! He doesn't really have any admin privaledges due to some little bug, only the name change, so we're safe for now... but he did spy into my signature for the image change code... :(.
I should point out that this has been taken care of as of last Sunday night. I've got plenty of privileges now. . . :devgrin: Watch yourself bish!
Though I should also point out that Majin is correct, I won't be flexing the admin muscles for anything much other than Public Relations.

Hope that answers all the questions regarding my overnight leapfrog over supermod. /me makes room for other mods to come in and reply.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, at least one person appreciates what we try to do around here :p Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys don't even need to thank me at all. Just doing your job and knowning you guys do it with a smile on your face is good enough for me. Hope this little thread cheered you guys up too. Keep on truckin my friends.

nge

Best answers
Said to you or not, all the longtime players, both skilled and unskilled, are grateful for what you've done, even if they're hesitant to say it. You're doing a great thing by making this mod and putting up with a lot of crap from the community. While not many people say this due to the fact that it feels like generic arse-kissery, a great deal imply it by continuing to stay with the mod through thick and thin. Anyone who enjoys the mod and what you're doing for them is saying thanks every time they play, and every time they post constructively. Still, I suppose it must be nice to see it offically once in a while.

So yeah. Thanks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep on keepin' on, you guys do a fine job. The "higher level of administration," as far as I see it, only betters the community. It's not one of the masses of nonsense and flames that too many Internet forums are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for thanking me for thanking them about thanking them by the thanker of the thanking the admins thread for thanking the mods/admins :). Wait, what?

Anyways, thanks for being there, I <3 you guys. I'm about to cry... well, im really about to do homework, but that ruins the moment, so cry it is.

:').

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for those kind words. We have all invested numerous hours, days, even years into this community, and I am happy that our hard work gets noticed now and again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm the reason we still have mods and admins. I make sure they keep their skills sharp and eyes focused. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
I'm the reason we still have mods and admins. I make sure they keep their skills sharp and eyes focused. :)
Well you, me and others. I kinda feel bad each time I do a spam thread or partake in a spam thread....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy said it.

Thanks guys. :yes:

This place would be utter chaos without you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom