Best answers
Well our clan i about to release their first map it Supremekai planet not during the fight with Kid Buu but Before Gohan was there with a lake in the middle of the lake a peeked mountain with the Z-sword it it and some more eye candy i will post reference pics as soon as possible and soon after i will post a download link

Force Pit Member
Best answers
oo sounds like an awesome map (p.s maistro ur PM box is full, i couldn't give ya blackstar dragonball dragon)

Best answers
Well i have cleared out my pm box so you could send it now

Best answers
Yes im the creator of this map its my first map so i need some help....How do i make the sky box? and the bounds of the map?

Edit: Oh and how do i make that damn rock cliff with the Z-sword on it?

Best answers
i can help ya, so get on aim, and it looks/sounds like a good map

Best answers
Oh thanks alot! now how do i make a cliff? and how do i make a lake?

(sorry for my annoying noobish questions :p)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ya got anything else you can't figure out, send me a pm ,i'm also pretty keen with mapping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read the tutorials for basic knowledge. Terrain is usually made using vertex manipulation to make it look natural.

Best answers
The map is going fine @ the moment and soon it will be ready for Beta Testing and after that i will show pics and cold steel if we need any help we will contact you thanks for the affor its nice to hear that many people wanna help

Best answers
To make a skybox,

1. Open halflife.wad and find the texture called "sky".

2. make the brushes using the sky texture

3. go into map settings and under skyname put what sky you want to use, to browse the sky names go into sierra\half-life\esf\gfx\env and look for the names. For example "brooding" is one. there will be files such as broodingleft or broodingup ectm but all you have to put in the skyname is "brooding"

get it? Make sure you use a custom one because if you don't it will use a default half life skybox, and it will look very ugly.

Hope that helps, sorry I cant get into more detail but I dont have to much time.

Best answers
ya but he needs the SKYbox not the texture, and it looks good so far, keep it up, i have the .rmf file so it will be more easy for me 2 help him, and methril can u find a texture that matches 2, the ep. where u see the peeked mountain with the Z sword in, cuzz that would be alot of help 2 those guys, i think

ehh am i right...

and oh ya, ill try help ya out with the things u need, everything, so... what shall i say now ???

and oh ya again, can sum1 gimme that ep.

Best answers
The Picture from the Ep with the Z-sword Mountain

Well here the reference pic of the Z-sword mountain i hope this will help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The skybox is just six brushes that form a box around your map.

Best answers
ya i tried 2 explain that, but im not good at explaining, so i just sended him a box where it was done so he could see how it should be done, and i still think u shall get on MSN or AIM, Maistro or USSJ Phoenix, or else i cant help ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom