TES IV: Oblivion *spoilers possible*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised i'm the first.

this game rocks

i have a nord warrior, about 5 or 6

i have a 'demon hunter' its a stealth, agility marksman and stuff, but with conjuration, about level 2 or 3

and i have a mage thing i made, destruction conjuration mysticism light armor, caster, level 2

this game rocks, really drags you in, i tihnk its interesting as hell
your not limited at all on what you can do and the ai is great

i dropped a staff on the ground cus i was overweight and an npc picked it up and equipped it.

yea, anyone else played this?

i love how you can create your own class, and on the pc you can create your own levels and stuff.

anyone know how to take screenshots on a 360 :O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got the collectors edition in the mail and am installing now. I have work soon though so I'll probably only be able to get 20 mins in or so.

Btw, the collectors edition comes in the nicest packaging I've ever seen for a video game. Kudos to them for that alone, I was getting a bit sick of getting games with paper flaps (*Looks at F.E.A.R*..).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i rather liked the tin collectors edition of perfect dark :O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, I've never played that game so I wouldn't know.

Anyway, I just played for about a good ten minutes and I'm very impressed. When I went into the game, it detected the video settings to ultra high (!) and it ran and looked beautiful on my machine. The music in the game is amazing, the voice acting is great too, the character custimization is more than I could have asked for and the combat is a lot better than I thought it would be. So far, I'm very impressed with the game, though keep in mind I've only played for ten minutes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pirating this game as we speak ^_^

tis gonna be teh fun! O.O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gotta get me this game. Haha, gotta love it when you know people in the gaming industry and can get you discounts >:E

But yeah, i heard this game rocks by so many people it's not funny. You can go ANYWHERE in the map that you can see for yourself. So if you see mountains in the distance, you can go to those mountains. That's ****ing sweet. As soon as i'm done with the whole "getting prom squared away" I'm going to pick this game up.

*looks at sub* haha you purchased fear.... (jk)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you cant go ANYWHERE. there are boundries. but theres alot of other places to go in between.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is, without a doubt, the best RPG I have played within the last year or two (aside from KOTOR, I suppose).

They took everything that made Morrowind huge, and made those points even better. I can only recommend that anyone with an X-Box 360 or a PC capable of running Oblivion to pick it up, because it's an experience in a box. This game is not to be missed.

And just to give people some sort of perspective on how demanding the game is: I'm running a 3-year-old OEM PC (the only significant upgrades were doubling to RAM to 1 GB, and updating to a Radeon 9800 Pro), and I can run it comfortably at settings that are just higher than the "Medium" preset. Booya!

I only have one complaint, and it might be a spoiler, so...
my only complaint is that there isn't enough Patrick Stewart =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah man, I really want this game. I doubt my PC would run it though. Anyone know the minimum specs?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
I'm pirating this game as we speak ^_^

tis gonna be teh fun! O.O
You know not to discuss pirating software.

Majin_You is correct about everything. It's a great game =).

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Ah man, I really want this game. I doubt my PC would run it though. Anyone know the minimum specs?
I can answer that with:

From Elderscrolls.com said:
* Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse
As I said in my previous post, my computer is, by technological standards, an old heap. It can run Oblivion smoothly at medium settings. The only one of the minimums I do not exceed, mind you, is the video card. I have, exactly, a 128 MB video card (9800 Pro).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game also has its share of... easter eggs...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
... Is that actaully in the game?
Apparently, yes =). I have the directions to where to find it, but I'll let you all ponder about its location among yourselves.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Is it bad that I noticed a face in the flames a mere 2 seconds after the picture loaded?

I have but one question in regards to the gameplay. Did they fix the god damn combat system? Because it sucked the dirty shlong of homeless people in Morrowind. I mean seriously, 25 swings at a bug thiny which fills your screen and you hit like twice.......if that.

Best answers
Yes, all attacking is in REAL-TIME. If you swing.. you hit. Depending on your strength and other factors it determines damage. Even to the extent of knocking people flat on their back.. or hitting the shield so hard as to force them to stagger back.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Morrowind was in real-time too but attacks just had crap accuracy.

Best answers
Attacks have superb accuracy from my experience with it so far.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That is VERY good to hear. : )

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The more I play this game, the more I like it. I have a feeling I'm going to be addicted to this game for some time =S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom