Terrorist attack on Norwegian Ministry of Energy and Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Terrorist Attacks on Norwegian Labour Party kill 91

Half past four my time today, terrorists detonated a massive bomb in an Oslo ministry building, killing 7 and wounding dozens. A while later, at least 84 people were killed by a Norwegian man dressed in a police uniform on an island which hosts a political meeting for youth. The target was the Norwegian Labour Party (the ruling party), and the motivations seem to be neo-nazi/nationalistic.

_SCC-AIPub_G-Titte_1514836x.jpg
978x.jpg

Source: Me, and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14256712

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Horrible. Some people are not worthy of the title human.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update: At least 17 people are injured, either as a result of hypothermia or bullet wounds, following the shooting on Utøya (it has no bridges; the 15-16 year olds tried to swim to shore or hide in the water).

I find it very hard to believe that Al Qaeda or affiliates planned this, unless they are complete morons.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's terrible news. :(
And i don't see why would terrorists do this in Norway. :s

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** knows. Jealous of our polar bears, maybe.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New York Times has listed that friends of the Global Jihad has claimed responsibility for at least the bombing.

As soon as I learned of this I checked in here to see that you were alright, I'm glad you were not hurt and I give my deepest condolences for your countrymen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NYT are incorrect. It was withdrawn. As of yet, no one knows who has committed this act - but they have apprehended the gunman on the island (fortunately), and odds are we will know in not too long who was behind this madness.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does this keep happening? I just don't understand this world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The shooter on the island has been confirmed to be Norwegian. It is unlikely that he is in league with Islamist groups.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It doesn't have to be an organization behind this. Just a few mad men and a sick idea on how to get attention worldwide

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't have to be an organization behind this. Just a few mad men and a sick idea on how to get attention worldwide
You are right it doesn't, and likely isn't at this point. However, throughought the day Islamic Jihadi groups were claiming credit, that's why Avenger is addressing it. Additionally an AQ cell was discovered in norway scant months ago and as well as the arrest of a cleric who threatened death for insulting the prophet, so they could not be ruled out.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
My condolences to your country and its citizens as well, Avenger. Glad you're alright dude.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update... Over 80 people were killed by the gunman on that island, most of them teenagers 15-16 years old. The culprit was indeed a right-wing nationalist, owning 3 registered firearms, having access to large amounts of fertilizer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my sympathies for you and your countrymen, no country is immune to the acts of madmen.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eighty? That's a frightening number. My condolences for those who died and their families, along with everybody injured or harmed.

sg2

Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The uncommon thing about all of this is that he did not actually commit suicide. I know this might be awkward, but I really am interested to find out why he did this. besides the whole obvious I hate everyone who doesn't think like me thing.

killing 80+ in cold blood, all alone, and then giving yourself up to the police without putting up a fight. It's just beyond weird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He published a 1500 word manifesto. I'm sure they'll release parts of it at some point.

It was fortunate he didn't get to detonate his other bombs. He likely used around 3000 kg of fertilizer to make bombs. Some experts say he only needed 500 kg for the bomb that took out three buildings and killed 7 people in a sparsely populated area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom