Terrorist attack on Norwegian Ministry of Energy and Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And here we go again, incoming "all games are murder-simulators" argument in 3, 2, 1...*

*not by you guys, obviously. We'll see how the media will spin this one.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;zlSIqJpXI5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSIqJpXI5A[/video]

Watch all of it.

Its a bad way to end the day, but it needs to be done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt the Norwegian media will pin this on videogames. That'll be up to Jack Thompson and his friends.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At a loss for words :eek: Condolences to everyone in Norway and especially to those who got involved and their families.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Incredibly powerful photo of the Norwegian PM hugging the leader of the Youth Camp. Found on Reddit.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah, the prime minister has been great in dealing with the situation, he has shown the love of a parent and combined it with the authority of a politician in power. He has gotten many praises over here in Scandinavia and people have great respect for that man. Not only did this awful thing happen in his country, but he himself had been to Utöya as a teenager and had gotten politically active there. So he knew the kids and their parents and also the people who ran the place. This has been a big blow for Norway, but an even bigger blow to the Prime Minister personally.

G
Woa, strong video. That last bit about football surprised me.

Also, 21 years in prison is the highest sentence in Norway? We tend to call for nothing less than blood here in the states when it comes to terrorists.
He will definitely face a life sentance. At the end of the 21 year sentence a hearing is called to assess if he's a danger to the public, and when the incident is drudged back up again they'll find he is and add 5 years on. They'll keep doing this for most if not all of his life.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm late to the party but glad to see you're well Avenger and my deepest sympathies for this tragedy.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wanted to bring this thread alive again! The trial against Anders Behring Breivik started yesterday and the public has been able to follow the progress. In Sweden every newspaper is following the trial day-by day. I haven't been able to follow it myself, but have seen glimpses here and there. Hopefully, the Avenger, is more up to date than I am.

Yesterday, the first day. Breivik started off by doing a rightwing-extremist gesture stating that he doesn't acknowledge the Norwegian judge, court and judicial system and that he was acting in self-defense since Norway is ruled by a party that supports multi-culturalism and thus the country is being slowly invaded. The prosecutors were very detailed in describing the incident in Oslo and Utoya where 77 people were killed. All of the names, were written down on several A4-papers. How they were shot, bullet entry and exit points etc etc. During this Breivik was very cold and didn't show any emotions. After lunch they played the manifesto that can be seen on Youtube, and this was the first time Breivik, showed emotions. He cried. He said later to his lawyer it was, because the film was so emotional. Experts state that there is room for speculation over his tears. Another notable part was when they played a 911 distress call made by a young teenager girl during the happenings. Where you can hear the shootings nearby, and how the young girl started to whisper more and more as the shootings came closer.

Today, is the second day of the trial and they Breivik will make his own statement of what happened during these incidents.

Apparently, one of the lay judges has been kicked out of the trial when stating over the Internet that, Anders Behring Breivik, should be executed by a death-penalty (such a thing does not exist in Norway anymore).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's a narcissistic crazy man who bombed a building and killed a bunch of kids. The thing he wants most in the world is attention. The media, and the morons who think it's fun to read about this stuff, have given him plenty.

I'm closing this thread before I get an urge to stab any of you in the face as you post.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ohhh, violence.. *grabs popcorn*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom