Tenkaichi Budokai - New game mode

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking and i came up with a new game mode, it'll take me a while to explain but i'll get to it. Personally i dont see any point on working on capture the dragonballs, to me the gamemode has never interested me, as i'd rather just fight than go and collect balls, and usually its whoever has the bigger team that does better and only one person benefits from the dragon at a time. I would like a tournament mode instead, as im sure many others do too, the problem with tournaments is alot of it is spent in spectator, and i think it can get boring for people so ive devised a way that i think could be possible and fun to do, and also useful for clan battles and for groups of friends who play regularly against each other.

First of all I'll explain the options I think would be necessary for when you start a server:

Powerlevel gain: on/off

Pretty simple, do you gain powerlevel during your fights, yes or no, some people may want it to be equal for every fight, some may want to be rewarded for fighting well in previous rounds.

Players required before budokai can start: 2-16

You'll understand this better later on but basically, its how many players you need to join the server before the budokai can begin, untill the number specified join you will be forced to be either in spectator mode or in the practice arena.

New joiners able to participate in the league: On/Off

If a new player joins half way through the budokai (after the first set of matches have finished), will they be able to fight the players who have already won matches (added to the tournament bracket)? if not they'll be confined to the practice arena for the rest of that particular budokai, the next budokai they will participate like the rest

Odd number of participants able to fight: Yes/No

If there is an odd number of participants by the time the first round of fights are over then will the odd fighter be able to fight the last winner who won their bout or will they have to sit the rest of the budokai out.

Clan mode: on/off, number of clans and fields to type in clan names

Basically you can have it so when you start up before selecting class you can select what your clan is, so you can use this mode for clan tournaments.

Signature moves allowed:

Some may not want big ki attacks in the budokai for obvious reasons.

How the Budokai mode works

First, all members are given a number in the order they join to be put in the tournament brackets to see who they fight against.

The Red numbers show where each fight will be taken place because there will be 4 arena's and a practice/finals arena.

Here's how the map would be layed out:

The top half will be the practice area, and the arena for the final, underneath there are 4 seperate arena's for up to 4 fights to occur similtaniously (each has their own sky box if thats possible), when it is your fight you will be taken from the practice arena and spawned into your specified arena, you have 5 seconds where you are both invincible and then you may begin. When the round is over the winner will be given full health for the next round. The 4 bottom arena's will be for all the perliminary matches that take place:

The Practice Arena
When you join or whilst waiting for your fight, or when your fight is over and you loose, or you win and you're waiting for the other fights to finish, you have the choice to either be in spectator or the practice arena. In the practice arena you cannot be hurt, but you can still fight, hence why its called the practice arena (no powerlevel is gained either). When it comes to the final fight everyone is taken to spectator mode, and the practice arena is used for the final fight.

I hope that explains everything If not let me know. I just think this would be a great game mode to play, i'd much rather have this over capture the dragonballs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice drawings, but i think they said they wouldnt do anything like this.

would be neat though.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the map of the turnament allready existed made by dj-ready but is a smal problaem
if you trow your enemi of the ring he lose and it's easy to do thean if you did not playd the map the map is calld s2k_greattournament.bsp

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
the map of the turnament allready existed made by dj-ready but is a smal problaem
if you trow your enemi of the ring he lose and it's easy to do thean if you did not playd the map the map is calld s2k_greattournament.bsp
did you read my suggestion? :S

Zero Nightmare, what do you mean? ages ago just after 1.2 was released they had a thread in esf chat about suggesting new game modes... but they arent going to accept a tournament one o_O? seems illogical to me

Best answers
I would much rather play this than capture the dragonballs but it might be too close to 1.3 for they to put it all together

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im still buissy with such a map. It suports 4 people turnaments sadly only 4 - FPS reasons.

Its made out of 4 difrent areas 1 practice area FFA mode and 3 duel arenas.

In the duel arenas you die by falling out of the ring. But unlike instant death im trying to make it so you die after you are 4 seconds on the ground. YOu have till then to get off it. Thats still bugging me.

Itll be connected with teleport entities wich heal the player up to 100 health (more dosent work). And to get to the third arena you nead to beat someone in the first or second arena.

Its basicly its own gamemode but if the players dont go by the rules it brakes to chaos since you can only open the dors to the arenas from the final arena (they start open and close after all 4 people are in place and get teleported)

The entities are still bugging me a bit :p

Anyhow the map is designed so that you have no idea who you fight against next ^^.

Best answers
mm.. i thing this idea pwnz! :D simply! it would be pretty nice.by this u can test ur skills pretty easily :p and have fun matches :]

and this is just a simply to create. i thing T_T i hope it is :p hope they team likes it! because i do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the team has gone briefly over various gamemodes, this being one of them, but I think you fleshed it out almost perfectly Davy. I have to say awesome job on working all your thoughts together. I'm assuming the practice arena is for players to have fights while waiting for their turn on the actual arena, if so, awesome idea there, nothing like sitting around doing nothing.

Though sadly no new gamemodes will be brought up until 1.4, 1.3 is all the trannys and touch ups. I'd say keep this idea hidden away somewhere, and then bring it back after 1.3 has launched.

Again, excellent job fleshing it all out.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Kama ^_^, i understand better now, The only thing that bothers me is i dont know if 1.4 will ever happen, i hope it does but there's always that chance that it wont.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think if u have something like this, on the top map should have invisible brushes on the stands, where there would be teleports that connect to the practice arena.. so if you just want to watch the fight instead of practicing you can enter the teleport to go between practicing and spectating

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
i think if u have something like this, on the top map should have invisible brushes on the stands, where there would be teleports that connect to the practice arena.. so if you just want to watch the fight instead of practicing you can enter the teleport to go between practicing and spectating
If its coded in as a gamemode you dont nead teleports ^^ you can code in taht players get teleported to certain entity dots wich server only as a beacon for the telepot and another one that servers as the beacon going out.

If the code is done correctly the mapping isnt a problem ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i like it , enspecially (or how does it write) the clan ideea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has a lot of merit, though unfortunately that doesn't mean they will do it. I would also like to officially give you this Super Awesomeness Award, in honor of you having one of the cleanest and most well laid out suggestions I've read in all my years on this forum!

Best answers
deff a good idea..im glad u linked it otherwise i wouldve overlooked it...its a good idea for sure..but the maps would have to be HUGE..because otherwise alot of wall throwing would happen aswell as little room for movement

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Kama said:
Well the team has gone briefly over various gamemodes, this being one of them, but I think you fleshed it out almost perfectly Davy. I have to say awesome job on working all your thoughts together. I'm assuming the practice arena is for players to have fights while waiting for their turn on the actual arena, if so, awesome idea there, nothing like sitting around doing nothing.

Though sadly no new gamemodes will be brought up until 1.4, 1.3 is all the trannys and touch ups. I'd say keep this idea hidden away somewhere, and then bring it back after 1.3 has launched.

Again, excellent job fleshing it all out.
Brilliant idea. Hopefully it will be in 1.4 then. I've been thinking of a tournament style thing, but yours is alot better then mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom