Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Best answers
No spoilers in this thread please.

Anybody watching this anime yet? Even though only 12 episodes are released so far, it seems like this anime is getting good ratings by lot of people.
I have only watched 2 episodes by now so i havent quite catched up to the story, but the animation and voice actors are very good from what i have seen. Oh, and this anime is from the creators of FLCL and seems similar in many ways, expect it seems to have bit more of the story part and makes a lot more sense. And genre is Mecha.

Anyway about the story:
AnimeNfo said:
In the distant future, people build their homes and raise domestic animals in subterranean caverns. As a result, they live in fear of the occasional earthquake and cave-in, and have been for hundreds of years. Jeeha is one such village.

One day, a boy named Simon happens to find a small, shiny drill whilst digging to expand the village. At the same time, Kamina, a guy who believes that there is another land above the village, persuades a gangster to break through the ceiling in order to leave the cavern. Suddenly, an earthquake occurs and the ceiling collapses, followed by a big robot breaking through the ceiling.

Kamina is now sure that there is a world above them. Recklessly, he begins to fight against the robot. At that moment, another person appears from the land above. It is a girl by the name of Yoko. With a rifle in hand, she had been tracking the robot. However, all she could do was distract it. Then, Simon shows what he had found to Kamina and Yoko. It's a mysterious robot whose head is also its body.
Source

Opening(if anyone is intrested)

Best answers
that is the weirdest name for an anime I've heard....

Best answers
The name is actually untranslated. Spoiler Lagann is the name of the small robot head that the small boy Simon finds, and Gurren is the name of the Robot that Kamina uses. Thats all i know after 2 episodes. I bet the other names have a meaning too.
isnt a very big spoiler though... (Damn i had to break my own rule though, just keep any story twists spoiler tagged please...)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started watching this anime this afternoon while i was bored, and I do not regret a single minute of it. From its style, I had my thoughts that it was by the people behind Furi Kuri, but wasn't sure. I love every single part of this show, funny, great animation, and typical of Furi Kuri, just all-round awesomeness. Probably gona make it's way into my top ten all time anime if it's greatness continues. Was in stitches over the union part in episode 3 that i just watched, I effing love this show.

Best answers
I just finished the last episode. And i have to say it was a great show, definately worth watching. Even though some of the last fights go WAY overboard at sometimes and the atmosphere was a bit sad, the series still made you thirsty for more until the last episode.
Overall, it will probably be one of my favourite animes of all time and i recommend anyone(not just people who are into mechs) to watch this anime. Trust me, it's worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom