Tenchi Bridge (Map for NNK) [WIP]

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so instead of posting my progress in my other thread, I'll create a separate thread just for the map I'm working on.

So basically what I'm working on is a map for NNK, called Tenchi Bridge. It's the place where Naruto, Sakura, Tenzo, and Sai met Kabuto and Orochimaru. I've redone the map about four times, working on the fifth? attempt I believe, and so far I'm really happy with what I have so far. This time I'm going with more of an organized approach, gathered some refs and did a quick sketch in photoshop. The cliffs won't look exactly like the refs I gathered, but it should hopefully look similar. I also added a second cliff (just a cliff on top of the large ones) to make the outer parts more interesting.. although that wasn't even in the series.

Anyways, here's what I have so far, I reduced the polycount by sooooo much:

Also, just in case you guys haven't figured it out, the transparent box is the playable area. :)

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet looks a hell of alot better with the poly Reduction

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, maybe, but only Damaera knows whats it for exactly!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a trap, so don't go near it!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
updates and stuffz!

Someone over at NNK wanted to see if I could create a ramp that would reach from the ground up to the terrain, so I tried it out and I have to say it turned out pretty nicely. I'm not really done with the ramp, but when I posted the screenshot I realized that the players wouldn't be able to reach the part at the bottom.. so I'll either keep it for scenery or just re-do it to make it fit in the playable areas.

Anyways picss!:

p.s. **** Daylight Savings!!! [/angry rant]

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so I back tracked and created a new ramp, except this time it's on top of the big cliff, connecting to the other one at the top. Also decided to **** with the cliff walls, too:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure people can actually jump on the cliff though. And please, for the love of cookie-monsters, try to think of a creative and original way to prevent people from going 'outside of the box' instead of the umpteenth map that has invisible walls at the edges of the map. Challenge yourself by thinking of an original way.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol yeah.. I've been thinking about boundaries.. I might just create a row of trees that'll block the area.. not 100% sure yet. And about the cliff, luckily NNK has wall walking, so people don't really have to worry about not finding a way to get up there.

Anyways, moar updates, been experimenting with the cliff walls a bit more, not much more results since last time but meh:

edit: and wires 'cause I haven't posted any in a while:

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wall walking glitches at times though, but it seems you have enough cliffs to be able to jump to the top. I must say, you have improved quite a lot in a short time. It looks really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom