Ten Reasons Why you should not Buy a PS3

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
1. The price is outrageous. $600 for a game console? You could buy two (yes, two) computers from Dell with that much money. Granted, neither of them would be good for much, but still, you get my point. I think you get a free upgrade to LCD monitors, too.

2. The Cell processor looks great on paper, but IBM claims 10 to 20 percent yields when they actually try to manufacture it. Your PS3 may actually come with only 7 of the 8 cores working; Sony will accept any processor with at least 7 cores working. And if one of the cores dies...well, I hope your warranty's still active.

3. After Sony's announcement that they were going to add motion sensors to their controllers (coincidentally, a short while after Nintendo announced that their controllers would be motion- and orientation-sensing), their controller is halfway between being a standard controller and an innovation, which leaves them with neither. Microsoft has a standard controller; Nintendo has an innovation; Sony's sitting on the fence.

4. Why does it come with a hard drive? Maybe I want a bigger one, like one of those new 200GB hard drives, instead of either 20 or 60. Should I just throw the other one away? I'd rather buy the PS3 without a hard drive for less money, and then upgrade it on my own. This actually falls in along with the Blu-ray thing. Sony's basically just trying to load in as much stuff as they can to add to the price. It's like a car manufacturer making a GPS unit standard in the car you want to buy, then charging you $3,000 for it, when you could go to Best Buy and buy one for $500.

5. Between the two versions of the PS3, if you want all the stuff Sony's bragging about you clearly have to pay for the expensive one. If you want a real HD output, you need the HDMI out, which
is only on the expensive version. Same with the MemoryStick, SD, and CompactFlash card reader and the wireless network adapter.

6. The Blu-ray drive is unnecessary, and you can bet you'd pay a lot less with a standard DVD drive. Their games probably don't have the need for that much space on the disc anyway, and they won't for a while. Plus, it's just Sony's way of getting you to buy into Blu-ray instead of HD-DVD (their competitor in the high-definition disc market).

7. 256MB of system memory seems like too little. Based on my PC gaming experiences, some games use more than twice that. It may be different on the PS3, but I can't see why. In fact, with 8 cores running simultaneously, I'd imagine you'd want more memory, not less.

8. If you're a PC gamer, why do you need a console, unless you play the few games that are exclusive to consoles these days? That used to be an issue before, but computers caught up to game consoles several years ago.

9. You may have already bought an Xbox 360. Don't underestimate the head start Microsoft got on Sony.

10. This may or may not matter to you, but it's a bit large, and it's a bit heavy. Weighing in at around 11 pounds, the PS3 is the size of a really thick textbook. If you have to move it around, it'll start getting annoying.

Those Have Been Stated By Abe Mohapatra

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You either are an epic troll or a failed retard. . .

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Why all of you dont like me,whats your problem,what have i done wrong,There is no other thread regarding this so i ripped and made one and gave credits.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sorry,but its kinda different topics arent they?

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Most of the People say that XboX 360 Elite is capable or Reaching PS3's Compability system but i say thats bull****.I Believe that PS3 is far more better because it cant be cracked and play copyed games but XboX if chipped can play copyed games and ive saw some websites when you can even download free games with direct or torrent download.This means that XboX is easy to crack but ps3 isnt so we conclude that ps3 is better.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well i didnt think of that,im sorry and the next time ill do it and Thanks a lot for the advice,Only CrossEye LIkEs me hERE!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have a PS3 and an XBOX 360, problem solved.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It Sure Does!!!But check you English please,its>>''I Dont Agree'' not ''I doesn't Agree'' :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the majority of those "facts" are outdated, im calling troll

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm calling this a copy paste of someone who's bored and looking for a conversation on a random forum.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i didnt copy it from a forum birdbrain,i was just to bored to write it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom