Ten Reasons Why you should Buy a PS3

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
1. Home and LittleBigPlanet
The PS3's two virtual worlds are intriguing, exciting and full of potential. Yes, they won't make up for a lack of triple-A games, but they'll offer something that's not available (yet) on any rival console. Plus, if you're interested in this virtual life lark, a £425 PS3 looks like a bargain compared to what you'd spend on a PC capable of running Second Life properly.

Home for the PS3

2. It'll probably be easier to get hold of a PS3 than a Wii come 23 March
Slightly facetious point, but still true.

3. It's another reason to buy an HD TV
Admittedly, if you've got a partner who's resisting, spending £425 on a console purely to convince them to spend even more on a new flat-screen telly is possibly doomed to failure. But seriously, the one thing nobody's criticised PS3 for is its high-definition goodness, supporting numerous resolutions, connectivity options and audio formats.

4. MotorStorm really does look rather good
Race a bunch of vehicles through the desert, crashing into stuff. Hmmm - it's just Burnout with extra mirages, right? Well, yes. But of the PS3's launch games, MotorStorm looks the most accessible and plain fun - certainly in terms of giving you something to show off your shiny new console.

5. Affordable games
Sony is pricing PS3 games at £40, which is the same as Wii titles, and a tenner less than Xbox 360 games. You could still argue the games should be cheaper if you're a cash-starved teenager who sold his granny to buy the actual console, but for next-gen games 40 quid isn't bad - not to mention the fact that PS3 titles will invariably be available for less in the cutthroat world of games retail.

6. It's a good-value Blu-ray player
This is an old argument, but that doesn't make it wrong. When most Blu-ray players cost more than a PS3, you can convince yourself you're getting a bargain. Mainly because you are. Well, assuming you've already convinced yourself that re-buying all the films you already re-bought on DVD is the way forward, of course.

7. SingStar and online content
Whether you croon like Sinatra or honk like a mid-clubbing seal pup, SingStar is a powerful argument for the PS3's potential. Think downloadable content - in this case, new songs to import and then sing along to. This sort of stuff isn't unique to the PS3 of course - the Xbox 360 is just as capable of it. But SingStar suggests Sony's approach looks like being a major feather in the PS3's bow.

. The PS3 controller might get its rumble back
The PS3 Sixaxis controller does have motion-sensing technology inside, but it doesn't have a rumble function. Sony blames the situation on technical reasons, cynics suggest the company's lawsuit with vibration firm Immersion is the real reason. If so, the fact that the two companies recently settled their case and said they plan to work together on "future PlayStation products" could see a revamped, rumbly Sixaxis.

9. Your old PS2 games will work on it - almost
A reason to shun the PS3 is the understandable concern over whether it'll run existing PS2 games, especially since news broke that Sony wasn't including the Emotion Engine in the European PS3. So what's the actual state of affairs? According to Sony, more than 1,000 PS2 games will work on PS3 at launch here, and the company plans to set up a website telling gamers exactly which ones they'll be. Again, this isn't a reason to buy a PS3, but if you've taken the plunge, you'll turn it into a positive.

10. Resistance: Fall of Man
The other essential PS3 launch title. Is it sci-fi? Alternate history? Alternate historical sci-fi? Who cares, there's loads of shooting in it... R:FoM is a first-person shooter with a bunch of ace multiplayer modes - which in the age of Halo and Gears of War is an essential game for PS3 to have, especially if you're turning your back on those Microsoft exclusives to jump into Sony's next-gen boat. Here's a video of it in action.

All This Have been Stated By Tech Digest

Last edited by a moderator:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You just ripped off someone else's article. Good going.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You just ripped off someone else's article. Good going.
I'd just like to call out MC for ripping other articles, too. MC, did you ask for permission before posting multiple articles all over Off-Topic? I DIDN'T THINK SO, MODS TAKE ACTION!

This article seems a bit outdated though as it only mentioned 3-4 games. :p

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Haha,youre right,Sorry for that i didnt search enough and i believe those games refered arent showing what a PS3 is Capable of.PS3 Processor i think is equal to PC 4.00 GHz Processor

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Home and LittleBigPlanet
The PS3's two virtual worlds are intriguing, exciting and full of potential. Yes, they won't make up for a lack of triple-A games, but they'll offer something that's not available (yet) on any rival console.

That's just a strange thing to say if you're trying to convince someone to buy the console

Plus, if you're interested in this virtual life lark, a £425 PS3 looks like a bargain compared to what you'd spend on a PC capable of running Second Life properly.

Home for the PS3

2. It'll probably be easier to get hold of a PS3 than a Wii come 23 March
Slightly facetious point, but still true.

Yes, the Wii will be harder to get, because it will sell more, because it is more popular and accessible. I can more easily buy two tires and a steering wheel than an entire car, but it doesn't make getting around easier.

3. It's another reason to buy an HD TV
Admittedly, if you've got a partner who's resisting, spending £425 on a console purely to convince them to spend even more on a new flat-screen telly is possibly doomed to failure. But seriously, the one thing nobody's criticised PS3 for is its high-definition goodness, supporting numerous resolutions, connectivity options and audio formats.

The PS3 runs at 720p, the XBOX360 runs at 1080p.

4. MotorStorm really does look rather good
Race a bunch of vehicles through the desert, crashing into stuff. Hmmm - it's just Burnout with extra mirages, right? Well, yes. But of the PS3's launch games, MotorStorm looks the most accessible and plain fun - certainly in terms of giving you something to show off your shiny new console.

You'd reccommend buying a 400 dollar console for a 60 dollar game just for bragging purposes? Not convinced.

5. Affordable games
Sony is pricing PS3 games at £40, which is the same as Wii titles, and a tenner less than Xbox 360 games. You could still argue the games should be cheaper if you're a cash-starved teenager who sold his granny to buy the actual console, but for next-gen games 40 quid isn't bad - not to mention the fact that PS3 titles will invariably be available for less in the cutthroat world of games retail.

Sony is not pricing PS3 games at £40. In fact, PS3 games are generally 5-10 euro more expensive than XBOX360 games, and 15-20 euro more expensive than Wii games. False information.

6. It's a good-value Blu-ray player
This is an old argument, but that doesn't make it wrong. When most Blu-ray players cost more than a PS3, you can convince yourself you're getting a bargain. Mainly because you are. Well, assuming you've already convinced yourself that re-buying all the films you already re-bought on DVD is the way forward, of course.

It was a weak selling point when the console was released because of the HD-DVD / Blu Ray squabble, but ever since Blu Ray won, the price on Blu Ray players has plummeted. You can get a very good player for roughly 130 euro.

7. SingStar and online content
Whether you croon like Sinatra or honk like a mid-clubbing seal pup, SingStar is a powerful argument for the PS3's potential. Think downloadable content - in this case, new songs to import and then sing along to. This sort of stuff isn't unique to the PS3 of course - the Xbox 360 is just as capable of it. But SingStar suggests Sony's approach looks like being a major feather in the PS3's bow.

Wow, new songs to import? That has never been done before. Not console specific and another weak selling point.

. The PS3 controller might get its rumble back
The PS3 Sixaxis controller does have motion-sensing technology inside, but it doesn't have a rumble function. Sony blames the situation on technical reasons, cynics suggest the company's lawsuit with vibration firm Immersion is the real reason. If so, the fact that the two companies recently settled their case and said they plan to work together on "future PlayStation products" could see a revamped, rumbly Sixaxis.

The Sixaxis should have had vibration from the start. The promise of a controller that works like it should have worked from the start, is another bad selling point.

9. Your old PS2 games will work on it - almost
A reason to shun the PS3 is the understandable concern over whether it'll run existing PS2 games, especially since news broke that Sony wasn't including the Emotion Engine in the European PS3. So what's the actual state of affairs? According to Sony, more than 1,000 PS2 games will work on PS3 at launch here, and the company plans to set up a website telling gamers exactly which ones they'll be. Again, this isn't a reason to buy a PS3, but if you've taken the plunge, you'll turn it into a positive.

There is only one type of PS3 that is actually completely backwards compatible. The newer ones are NOT. At all. It's nice that they claim 1,000 games will work at launch, but only if you buy the console at launch. Every other PS3 type after that, does not have backwards compatibility.

10. Resistance: Fall of Man
The other essential PS3 launch title. Is it sci-fi? Alternate history? Alternate historical sci-fi? Who cares, there's loads of shooting in it... R:FoM is a first-person shooter with a bunch of ace multiplayer modes - which in the age of Halo and Gears of War is an essential game for PS3 to have, especially if you're turning your back on those Microsoft exclusives to jump into Sony's next-gen boat. Here's a video of it in action.

With Halo and Gears of War, there is no reason to "jump into Sony'x next-gen boat". There are not many people who would buy a console for a single game, and while R:FoM is by no means a bad game, its quality is not to be compared to that of heavyweights such as Halo and GoW. The selling point according to the article? FPS with a bunch of ace multiplayer modes. Oh, that sounds like... every FPS I know!

This is a badly written, badly argumented article by someone who obviously has no clue what he's talking about and who is clearly biased against anything that's not Sony. I facepalmed reading half the things he wrote.
My two cents.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You only have 2 Cents?Poor Guy...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You only have 2 Cents?Poor Guy...
Saying my 2 cents means "Thats my view on the thing" or "Thats my addition to the topic at hand"

And he does bring up quite some good points. The article is badly formed and even worse at doing its job of promoting the PS3 with false info no less.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I dont understand of Phrasal Verbs.Ive posted this thread only to state that PS3 is best Gaming machine in the world and why you should buy it.Nothing More.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ever see something with live electricity coursing through it, please lick it.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Keep your sh**y replys for youself.OMG your replys always insult people and get on my nerves.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember reading this before
in like 2006/2007.

Back when the wii was in hard to get too.

Thanks for the copy paste kiddo!

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So the less thing you should do is +Rep me !!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I lolled. ESF is not a popularity contest.

If anything it's a beauty pageant. And Kidboy is the winner every time.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Who said it is a popularity contest?

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That was just a joke :p btw i had my Bday 2 days ago :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah in all seriousness I can't defend that article, it was terrible. There are plenty of good reasons to get the PS3 over the other systems, but none of those reasons were brought up. You can mosey on over to the why you shouldn't buy the PS3 thread and there are some decent arguments made for all 3 systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom