Telling the truth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been having a lot of thought about this, and came to conclusion of me needing to tell it to all of you.

Back when I joined the esf forums, in august of 2006 , this place was awesome. I feel like I joined at the best possible time. There were 20+ active threads daily, as well as hundreds of members. I felt like I would not be taken seriously at first, simply because of my age.

I decided to lie it, giving a display of 16 when in reality, I was 14.
Like said earlier, I felt that I wouldn't be taken seriously if I put 14 , and 16 felt more appropriate at that time.

I thought, that it wouldn't be such a big deal, and that I wouldn't 'grow' in to the community and that I'd leave soon because everyone would ridicule me.

Well, then the forums went down and I decided that it was time for me to leave. Some of you may even remember , that I did a new thread about it when the forums came back up.

Then I realized , that I missed being able to participate in to posting. This was actually my first time ever, where I wasn't flamed to ground and forced to leave because of self-misery and pity.

Even during my absence, I browsed the forums very regularly , so I came back.

So whether you like or not, I am part of the community just like you others are. I realize, that most of you don't like me , and would like me to leave , but please - just ignore me. I don't hate most of you, and the ones that I do ; I just simply ignore them in all the possible ways.

Lying my age was idiotic. Now I feel, that all of you needed to know this, and I'm even quite sure that most of you already somehow knew that I actually wasn't an adult yet by the choices I've made, and how my actions have generally reflected towards my immaturity.

I now, however, come forth and tell you , as I've had a lot of thought about it. It may not be a big deal, but I was disgusted and bothered by my lie.

If you, decide to reject me - I can completely understand that.
However, if you still accept me here , and by no means are willing to belittle me after this, I appreciate it.

I'm putting my reputation at risk here, but that is a risk worth taking.
All I'm asking for is a second chance. After all, we're all but humans , and humans do mistakes.

Just want to thank all of you for letting me have this fantastic experience. And most of all, thank you for reading ( and trying to understand ).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wow, what is the deal about the age?

Someone can be 20 years old and may act like 12.

As long as they appreciate you for how they got to know that is the way, if you still made them not to like you, well that is something else. age doesn't matter, not even lying about it. I even somewhat agree, as we all know, some people will think about how old are you before they are gonna listen to what you say.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All that just to say you are 2 years yunger than you originally said o_O

Ill be honest with you. Noone cares. Nice to see you step forward but giving out a false age is not a big deal ^^

Heck you could have just changed it and noone would notice. But brace yourself for a couple of jokes in this thread about it since you practicly wrote an essey on it XD

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I tought I was the only one who made books on forums :p
But I still understand his problem. But there is just a lil we all can do about it.
Its like Grega said a lot of people here dont care.
I allready noticed that as well but then again who cares.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody hates you as far as I know, and nobody cares that you gave a false age haha. I gave a false age on like every community I joined when I was younger just because I wanted to be seen as being older. :>

It's no big deal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phew, suspected as much.

At least I got something out of my mind, which bothered me for a long time. :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
zomg, instant bannage for you! You are no longer welcome on the forums!

But seriously, you are 16 now, arne't you? :p. Heck, as mentioned in above replies.. No one cares, nor do I. You still have to be punished though :eek:, drop it and give me 50.. dollars :D.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm secretly 9, did anyone pick up on it?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As sharp as ever Mr.Rider.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warren got me even better i thaught he was 5 xD but @ legandary every body lies at times i have my self people are not gonna go all flamey on you because of something as small as that

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I would definitely say one cares. No offense to you, but age isn't that big of a deal. Ssomeone can be 30 and act like their 12.

Let's all be truthful! I've been lying too. I'm secretly 47 years old. I still live in my moms basement. Brb, shes calling me.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****ing cut this guys account, he lied about his age.

No but seriously, don't worry about it, I don't think anybody really cares anymore if you lie about your age and act mature.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
42 is even better.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
42 would just be the truth in your case. You have to go older. Unless you're talking about 42 and a half.

Are you talking about 42 and a half?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom