Tell me this

Best answers
whats the point of getting a PS3 if almost all the game or all of the game on PS3 are being ported to other systems like 360??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll still have its exclusives. And there's Playstation Home, LittleBigPlanet. There's still lots of things to be excited about, there just isn't very much to be excited about right now. Most of the cool stuff has yet to come.

For instant HD satisfaction, a 360 is better. But in the long run, the PS3 might be.

Best answers
what are the differences between exclusives and .....normal?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exclusive means that that game will only be on one system. So God of War 2 is exclusive to the PS2 because you can only play it on the PS2. A multiplatform game is exactly what it sounds like, the game is on multiple systems.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are the differences between exclusives and .....normal?
Exclusives are games that are ONLY for that particular system.

And there are like less than 20 games people talk about that are going to all systems and not the PS3. Look at the PS2 and how many exclusive games it has. Then look at how long it's been around. There is no telling whether the PS3 will have limited exclusives or not.

Then again, people might become more conservative on what games they make. I do hope I can get my hands on those underdog-and-underrepresented-yet-probably-the-best-game-I've-ever-played games.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people are company exclusive, others are so used to a controller layout style they simply refuse to switch, while others might have $700 that is pocket money to them.

People are buying them, so they must have their reasons.

Best answers
Lets put it this way, a cheap blu-ray drive costs around 500$, Playstation comes with a Blu-Ray drive and with the most powerful gaming console up to date. And it costs 600$.
Its gonna be worth it in the future, but right now 360 is almost as good with half the price...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's put it this way, if you get an XBOX360 now, you'll enjoy it.
When you get a PS3 later, you'll most likely stop playing your 360, because the PS3 will be better, later.
It's not about how many exclusives -will- be on the PS3, but about how many games you'll enjoy on it.
Exclusive means that that game will only be on one system. So God of War 2 is exclusive to the PS2 because you can only play it on the PS2 AND the PS3. A multiplatform game is exactly what it sounds like, the game is on multiple systems.
Fixed.
All previous games on the PS2 you can play on the PS3 as well.
So you already can choose from a large library of games from the PS2 if you like any games that were released on the PS2.
Same for the 360 as well, I heard some 360 official didn't think that backwards compatibility was important anymore. (Playing games from a previous system)
Not too sure if that is true though, who said it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fixed.
All previous games on the PS2 you can play on the PS3 as well.
So you already can choose from a large library of games from the PS2 if you like any games that were released on the PS2.
Same for the 360 as well, I heard some 360 official didn't think that backwards compatibility was important anymore. (Playing games from a previous system)
Not too sure if that is true though, who said it.
I can't play Budokai 3 on my PS3 =/. That's the only one I had not work though. Works fine on my PS2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there are only like... 15% of ps2 titles that don't work on the ps3, or something... bearing in mind how many games there are, that's quite a smll number.

and sony update that list quite regularly, with firmware updates for your ps3.

oooh and after updating to 1.8 today, i just got a nice surprise, there are online sony servers where i can buy + download music and movies through the ps3 :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oooh and after updating to 1.8 today, i just got a nice surprise, there are online sony servers where i can buy + download music and movies through the ps3 :D
Oh **** really o_O?

I did "search for media server" and I got nothing.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh **** really o_O?

I did "search for media server" and I got nothing.
That's nice to know Onslaught!
But completely off topic for a moment here, Chakra-X do you have Armored Core 4, and play it online.. ?
Because I once saw someone named "Chakra-X" online in AC 4, and fought against em' I believe in a 4v4.
My user name is Malkathius and I usually use the AC "FCX-AC01" (Black/Maroon) or "OptimusPrime"(Red/Blue/Grey)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom