teleports cost less

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive never really understood why teleporting takes so much ki, especially since theyre not actually teleporting just moving extremely fast

to make it simple heres a diagram

heres your ki bar

_________|__________________________

teleports cost this much on your ki bar (look at line)

thats room for about 4 - 5 teleports

i would like to be able to get up to ten teleports in one line (at the lowest), so the ki cost for my idea would look like this

___|________________________________

my ideas usually go unnoticed but i think this is a major part of gameplay that should be changed, and if you can find an actual way that it would be unbalanced i will stab myself

Best answers
I like it. I've always hated how you can only do about 4-5 teleports in normal form before running out of ki. I would like if they could make it so you could get in about 7-8 teleports. Good suggestion, but I got to ask you, how much teleports do you think you should be able to get in before running out of ki?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, but I think this may lead to tele spamming. If you don't know what I mean, for the love of god play 1.1. I mean, it looked hella awesome but having to fight a person who did nothing but tele can be annoying. I still like the idea though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, but I think this may lead to tele spamming. If you don't know what I mean, for the love of god play 1.1. I mean, it looked hella awesome but having to fight a person who did nothing but tele can be annoying. I still like the idea though.
eh theyll find another way to run anyway, well jinx does a pretty good job running with it even if he did have a mass amount of teleports

Good suggestion, but I got to ask you, how much teleports do you think you should be able to get in before running out of ki?
enough to get a good attack in, so id say about 10-15 teleports a bar (without counting the swoop cost), leaning heavily on just 10 teleports though

Best answers
Woah! 10-15! Now that may be too much, I think it should be about 8 at the most. 10-15 would lead to teleport spam pretty much, I don't know, can you think of a way it couldn't be spammed by 10 teleports a bar? Like a delay after each couple of teleports might work?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might call for an increase in the tele delay witch would suck, but I like the suggestion overall. Always wanted to do more teles in normal.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, if more tele delays are the only way this would be implemented then ++++ that. Is bad enough that I can't teleport at the last second anymore <_<.

Mcc is right. 10-15 = ridiculous.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The current tele cost is supposed to be difficult to manage, and you have to realize that if you aren't altering the speed at which you can power back up, shifting it even a little bit is going to make it possible to infinitely spam tele and charge back up for a split second. It's quite possible to tele across the map right now without running out of ki if you script it correctly, and if you were to alter tele cost even a very small amount it would be impossible for a player using that kind of a command to run out of ki while teleporting. The more it costs, the more you have to make it count, so I'd prefer it stay about where it is.

nge

Best answers
Sorry Dark, but I rather prefer the cost right now. Perhaps a SLIGHT decrease in cost, so one could do 6 teleports instead of 5. But with a slight tap of the powerup key, you negate the cost quite quickly. It's for calculated countering/evading/surprise attacking. That many tele's would be spammy as heck.

Best answers
I agree with nge, maybe add 1 more teleport or 2, but not like 5-10 more teleports than we already have.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeez whats wrong with you guys

for those who just said 10-15 teleports, no way! be quiet and post productively like nge or mcc

and i went on esf today to check to see if 10 teleports was to much, its really not when your actually using melee (because of the swoop cost), yoiu can only get in about 3 teleswoops

10 you would probably get in 5 or 6 teleswoops

1 or 2 extra teleports would be pointless, although 8 teleports would suffice

But with a slight tap of the powerup key, you negate the cost quite quickly
so whats the difference if you can just do this over and over again currently?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
so whats the difference if you can just do this over and over again currently?
OK let me see. It makes you be carefull what you do with your KI.

If you teleport to mutch you run out. Do you realy want to take the ki management skill when using teleports and melee combined out. Why dont they just add infinite KI. >.>

If you want more teleports go SSJ. Im totaly against thisone.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want more teleports go SSJ. Im totaly against thisone
as i said it takes a part of your ki bar not out of your ki pool

If you teleport to mutch you run out. Do you realy want to take the ki management skill when using teleports and melee combined out. Why dont they just add infinite KI. >.>
there is no need to be ridiculous grega, ten teleports per bar is not a lot especially considering most people fight with half a ki bar anyway

ki management would not be taken out, but speed is entered

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 teleports is too much, DaRk. Watch a few fights from 1.1 and you'll understand why we don't want tele spamming.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And that would make it ok to allow 10 teleports in 1.2 lol? C'mon, you know damn well people would abuse this. Its possible to teleport like crazy with our 5 teleports. The only thing stopping people from going even crazier with teleports is the fact that it uses a lot of ki, so they need to charge. Double the amount of times a person can teleport and you'll never hit the person until they actually try to attack you.

Best answers
guess what guys i figured a way this could be added without increasing delays :D... SO GET RID OF THAT CRapPY delay thats supposed to be in 1.3 please :p...

How about this?

Tele should cost alittle more ki each time....meaning they would have to reduce the oringal cost of a tele abit

lets say im fighting.. an i decide to tele :eek:.. beind the scenes** a clock should begin .. it should count to lets say... 7.5 seconds then reset the ki cost back to the regular cost.. but! if i tele before that time is up the next tele will cost me more ki not TOO MUCH more just alittle more.. :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
guess what guys i figured a way this could be added without increasing delays :D... SO GET RID OF THAT CRapPY delay thats supposed to be in 1.3 please :p...

How about this?

Tele should cost alittle more ki each time....meaning they would have to reduce the oringal cost of a tele abit

lets say im fighting.. an i decide to tele :eek:.. beind the scenes** a clock should begin .. it should count to lets say... 7.5 seconds then reset the ki cost back to the regular cost.. but! if i tele before that time is up the next tele will cost me more ki not TOO MUCH more just alittle more.. :D
I like it more the way the design docs say. First and second teleport no delay. Evry next teleport starts having delay. Each teleport more. Max is the currecnt delay time.

Best answers
Oh i see i thought the were going to add an even BIGGER Delay ... so i was like. WTF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom