Teleporting

Orz

Best answers
Something I've never really got the hang of in ESF is teleporting in the direction I want to. It seems that the default direction to teleport is straight upwards, towards the ceiling. While I can press forward and teleport, and my next few teleports will take me in that same direction, if I even look so much as <i>slightly</i> to my left or right, suddenly I'm automatically teleported upwards again.

Is there an easier way to teleport in the corret direction? Most of the time I try to teleport ahead of myself, but either I teleport upwards because I moved the mouse, or I just get 'stuck' on the floor and begin to flash white particles all over the screen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as they say practice makes perfect

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just press and hold the direction where you telelport, press teleport button and u should teleport where u want to

Best answers
Yes, there's this special ability to move, while doing so and teleport, you teleport into that direction! O_O O_O O_O

Orz

Best answers
Heh, I <i>know</i> that, I said so myself in my first post... the thing that troubles me is that I don't continue teleporting in the same direction if I move my mouse. But I guess I should practice, as Hibiki says.

Maybe I'll just play with the keyboard and forget about the mouse entirely. It'll bring back memories of Doom...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah sorry i thought you used the keyboard to control it, i find it better to use the keyboard than the mouse

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh, I dont think the mouse controls where you teleport. If you press a direction with the keyboard and hit teleport you will teleport in that direction.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The direction in which you teleport is determined by where your moving. If your falling straight down and you press teleport you teleport down. Say you beam jump and then teleport a bit, you will teleport according to your current momentum in the arc.

Best answers
to clear this up didnt bother to read the last 2 post but i use mouse and arrows to move if you want to go forward move forward and hit teleport. If you want to teleport side ways strafe and hit teleport did that make sence(by the way i cant spell for ****).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen to Scorch. It's the momentum you're moving in that decides which way you will teleport.

If you wanna keep teleporting straight... dont move your mouse and keep holding down forward (default 'w' :p)

Best answers
thats what i just said but your way is clearer iam not good at explaining in word

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom