Teleport Suggestion

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I've had this idea for a while now and I think it’s a pretty solid idea. Just let me know if I'm wrong =P

Basically, as it is now, when you teleport into an object (be it a building, the ground, whatever) you lose the cost of ki for a full teleport yet you don't travel the distance of a full teleport. So I’m suggesting that the cost of ki for a teleport depends on how far you actually travel. For example, if you teleport into a building and the building is only the distance of half a teleport, it should only cost half the ki. If you teleport into the ground and not actually go anywhere (You cannot count the amount of times I've done this on accident, only to get hit seconds later because I just wasted all of my ki on that teleport), you shouldn't lose any ki.

So, what do you guys think?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's your punishment for zanzokening into a building, no need to tweak it, just watch out for it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree, there shudnt be any punishment, it actually makes sense that you zanzoken'd less distance, it'd take less ki, as you cant control how far you go bumping into something for zanzokening isnt exactly your fault.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Davidskiwan on this one. It's not your fault the map is ****ed up for w/e reason and when you teleport you don't go anywhere. It only makes sence that the less distance you go the less ki you consume. I feel it's the same way with swooping. When you swoop the speed slowly reduces. Well why not make the Ki slowly reduce as well, instead of the ki going at a constant speed (unless it already reduces)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I think it's your punishment for zanzokening into a building, no need to tweak it, just watch out for it.
Yeah, I knew someone would bring that up. The way I see it though, most of the time it isn't the players fault it happens. There are a lot of invisible walls on some maps and you can't help it if you teleport into one. Another reason (a better one actually) is because you don't teleport in the direction you're holding down on your keyboard. You teleport in whatever direction you're momentum is pushing you in. So if you were swooping and there’s a building dead in front of you with someone chasing you close behind, you could have the intention of stoping the swoop before you hit the building and quickly teleporting to the left or right to avoid the guy hitting you. Because you teleport into whatever direction the momentum is going though, you'll still teleport forward into that building and there’s really nothing you can do about it. It just seems like you're punishing the player twice (he'll still get hit and he'll lose ki) for something that isn't the players fault.

*shrugs*

Best answers
Heres a thought, but i dunno if it unbalances the game or what. Maybe a controlled teleport, where you teleport and your in like a ghost mode. Only you can see your person but they are a bit of a blur and people can see you on their radar, but like you can fly and all just like 50% fasterthan turbo mode. And it costs like 5 ki a second to do it. As soon as you use your teleport ability, a ki blast, or melle, you instantly leave "ghost mode" oh and you also can sometimes teleport THROUGH buildings, for the most part anyways. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom