Teleport Mousewheel

Best answers
Im having problems getting teleport to work on my mouse wheel.
I have no problems with the mouse wheel anywhere else e.g. wepaon select in game, webpages. In game ive tried assigning teleport to both mousewheel up and down, several time but it didnt work. I then tried doing it manually in my cfg and it still didnt work.
On a button (in this case r) the respective line in the cfg loks like this :-
bind "r" "teleport"

That works fine and the line in the cfg for the mousewheel looks like:-
bind "MWHEELUP" "teleport"

The r button works but yet the mousewheel doesnt. I also tried adding a + before the teleport on a recommendation from one of my friends so it look like this:-
bind "MWHEELUP" "+teleport"

It still didnt work. Thanks is advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
*heh. this is kinda offtopic.. but i wonder why you guys use the scroll for teleport.. its just a fast teleport trick. but still.. i sometimes cant hit the enemy whit that fast kind of teleport.. i just dont expect that .. ( Just wondering cuz their wasnt any thread about the mouse scroll )

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this counts as cheating

this is giving you an unfair advantage over other ppl.....
so in my eyes just shut up and don't talk about cheats ( in a nice non flaming way )

Best answers
by defualt MWHEELUP is already in use u will have problems using it for teleporting unless u change the defualt settings

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using mwheelup can be considered cheating by some, but most people are fine with it. Far more people are fine with mousewheel than they are with scripts, because scripts never fail. It's hard to teleport X number of times on a mousewheel, but you will always teleport that many times with a script.

Make sure you are binding it to "mwheelup" or "mwheeldown" and afterwards check to make sure that "/bind mwheelup" says teleport in-game.

Best answers
So Prozac, is it a cheat for someone with a 5 button mouse that has block on one of the buttons so they can block easier a cheat? Also from what ive heared using teleport on the mousewheel takes some practice to get used to. Getting a script that enables you to teleport across the whole map in the press of a button is a cheat. Assigning one of the moves in the game to your mouse wheel isnt a cheat. This is a help forum, so telling me to shut up isnt exactly helping me. Perhaps you should play counter strike with an attitude like that, you would fit right in.

Also to bata, if you assign a key to something else, it gets automatically unassigned from what it was already assigned to.

-EDIT-
Thanks Sonic, but im not sure what you mean. Would you be able to post the line i should put in my cfg? Or what the line should look like. Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by ryosuke
So Prozac, is it a cheat for someone with a 5 button mouse that has block on one of the buttons so they can block easier a cheat? Also from what ive heared using teleport on the mousewheel takes some practice to get used to. Getting a script that enables you to teleport across the whole map in the press of a button is a cheat. Assigning one of the moves in the game to your mouse wheel isnt a cheat. This is a help forum, so telling me to shut up isnt exactly helping me. Perhaps you should play counter strike with an attitude like that, you would fit right in.

Also to bata, if you assign a key to something else, it gets automatically unassigned from what it was already assigned to.
there is a big difference between block and Teleport.....
you can't compare the 2 :p

but mousewheel teleport gives you a big advantage and not only in melee
- Exploding beams
- U teleport away from a PS
- and yes if you train you'll have a big melee advantage

I can understand that ppl think using mousewheel in melee fair
but running away from PS isn't .....

anyway wut r u doing with a 5 button mouse :p ;)

Best answers
I havent got a 5 button mouse :D. I was using it as an example. I still dont see what the problem is, its still open to human error unlike scripts which will get it right 100percent of the time.

Teleport out of powerstruggle? I didnt know that. Why does it work for mouse wheel and not a button? Surely the ESF will get that fixed though? Or did i read it wrong, and you just mean escaping easier.

Im not sure what you mean sonic. Would you be able to tell me in a bit more detail, and if possible post what the line in the cfg should actually read?
Thanks.

Best answers
make sure your bind reads like this

bind mwheelup teleport

that should do it,if it doesn't then you have a broken mousewheel like I do

Best answers
Originally posted by ryosuke
Im having problems getting teleport to work on my mouse wheel.
I have no problems with the mouse wheel anywhere else e.g. wepaon select in game, webpages. In game ive tried assigning teleport to both mousewheel up and down, several time but it didnt work. I then tried doing it manually in my cfg and it still didnt work.
On a button (in this case r) the respective line in the cfg loks like this :-
bind "r" "teleport"

That works fine and the line in the cfg for the mousewheel looks like:-
bind "MWHEELUP" "teleport"

The r button works but yet the mousewheel doesnt. I also tried adding a + before the teleport on a recommendation from one of my friends so it look like this:-
bind "MWHEELUP" "+teleport"

It still didnt work. Thanks is advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

I said in my first post that my mouse wheel is not broken, it works for everything else, even for the weapon select in ESF. And i also posted what it reads in my cfg, which is exactly the same as what you posted.

Thanks anyway.

PS. I know i keep posting this over and over again, but its just incase he only looks to the last post.

To Sonic - Im not sure what you mean. Would you be able to explain what you posted before in a bit more detail for me, and if possible post what the line in the cfg should actually read?
Thanks.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that's pretty much it, but I mean when you're in-game go into consol and type "/bind mwheelup" . If it has changed for some reason between the time you started the game and got into it, you'll know then. Actually you probably shouldn't be using quotes at all when you bind that together. Instead of

bind "mwheelup" "teleport"

You should try:

bind mwheelup teleport

And to prozac, using the mousewheel in melee isn't all that unfair because you have to time what you are doing. It's easy to totally blow your ki because you just hit the mousewheel and tele'd into someone 8 times. A script on the other hand tells the game how many teleports to handle, so all you have to do is press the button.

Best answers
personally i dont have an issue with people editing key configurations as sonic said it still comes down to human reaction" as aposed to scripts. . .

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is possible for you to just go into the control configuration through half-life and bind anything to the scrolling wheel. Just click like you normally do to change it, then scroll up or down with your mouse when you would normally push the key you would like to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom