Teleport afterimage suggestion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that right now the teleports are too easy to spot because you see someone flying up (for example) then he suddenly freezes. My idea is that the afterimage should keep moving in the direction the player moved and view the animation aswell (till it fades out). That would make it alot harder to see when you teleport IMO. It will probably look better too :rolleyes::yes:

Best answers
Hmm no, after images are annoying enough, not to mention it's very untrue to the show to have every tele create an after image. I still vote for those zwee lines and an occasional after image (which could be like you mentioned). But I don't think it would be a good idea to have an after image like that for every teleport.

Best answers
the after immage trick doesnt move in Dragon Ball so no try changing the teleport enegry distance or the duration of immage

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
-_- did somùeone looked at cell saga ? gok trnasported away and the 'afterimage' kept gooing to cell ...
so i think this idea is great ...

Best answers
Yes, but only used in moderation. The cell games overdid it way too much imho and I doubt it would work well in ESF. Say, for every 5 teleports you make, one is an after image that you could use to trick your opponent (giving it some strategic elements, when you are going to use that tele).

Best answers
yes there have been occasions where after images were used...main example would be against freeza where he used an after image for the discs to slice instead of him...he used the same trick on cell...the only reason they used more after images in his fight against cell was because of 2 things/...it was sort of like THE big fight so they wanted it to look good and B) it was supposed to represent how powerful they both are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
Yes, but only used in moderation. The cell games overdid it way too much imho and I doubt it would work well in ESF. Say, for every 5 teleports you make, one is an after image that you could use to trick your opponent (giving it some strategic elements, when you are going to use that tele).
I agree with you about this. The teleports didn't always have an afterimage. But I'm talking about making the afterimage effect better.
This isn't about whether you like the afterimage or not. It's about whether you think this idea will make it better or not, and you haven't said a word about that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zwee lines ftw! i think that the first teleport you make should be an after image, with diamond and all, after that zwee lines would be better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how often did After Image happen in DBZ? maybe 4 times maximum? Throughout the WHOLE of DBZ? After Image was more of a Dragonball Feature, it wasnt that common in DBZ. besides, hardly anyone falls for the current afterimage, its just eye candy o_O

Best answers
They (ESF Team) Should've made the After-Image effect only exclusive for Goku, Gohan & Cell. The others never showed that they used an after image.

Also they should make teleport easier. Like (default "t" right?)
Tap T: teleports 5m away
Hold T 1 sec: teleports 10 metres away
Hold T 2 sec: teleports 20-25 metres away
[For all characters]

[Goku only--> Hold 2 sec: teleports 30-35 metres away (sort of instant transmission) ]

That way it's pretty balanced if you ask meh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Primal said:
They (ESF Team) Should've made the After-Image effect only exclusive for Goku, Gohan & Cell. The others never showed that they used an after image.

Also they should make teleport easier. Like (default "t" right?)
Tap T: teleports 5m away
Hold T 1 sec: teleports 10 metres away
Hold T 2 sec: teleports 20-25 metres away
[For all characters]

[Goku only--> Hold 2 sec: teleports 30-35 metres away (sort of instant transmission) ]

That way it's pretty balanced if you ask meh.
I really like that idea. I wonder why nobody thought of that before? o_O

But I don't think Goku should have an enhanced teleport, he's already one of the best characters there is. People would charge up a Kamehameha, then wait for their Ki to regen, then they'd use their big ass teleport to Tele-Kamehameha some poor sap on the other end of the map.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after image was used twice in the cell games and once in the frezia saga when frezia was tryying to cut goku up with that evil disc of his. I reckon lines would look better , more of a suden shock to the opponent i would say , or maybe have two types (as i have said alot of times before with people's gfx ideas that could have possible implementation , couldn't it be an optional thing like 24-bit textures are ?)

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Actually I did, and so did others, but I believe it wasn't such a good idea for several points

It's too easy to run with and something about a delay that wouldn't work well.

Actually it is too easy to run with and I believe the team wanted more close quarters battles instead of the 'flying around the map' concept.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Anime made up the After-image's, I think that only goku should have after-image's when SSJ*
the rest will just have the blurred lines/coloured sprite's customized for the models ect.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy the afterimage comes from DB. That mirror image trick or how ever it was called.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always suggested after image get its own button as an alternate teleport that costs more ki. If there were a lot less after images you'd be way more likely to get fooled by them, so the cost increase would be justified.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*agrees* this happend several times, if i remember right...against one of the ginyu force....recoome...

anyway, goku was fighting "someone" and teleported towards him, the "someone" blocked because he tought he was going to be attacked, which was actually an afterimage, afterwards that "someone" found out it was just an afterimage and lowered his guard...and then got attacked by goku =D

And after image is ment to be annoying and deceive the enemy...dont whine, live with it >.>

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

But I don't think Goku should have an enhanced teleport, he's already one of the best characters there is. People would charge up a Kamehameha, then wait for their Ki to regen, then they'd use their big ass teleport to Tele-Kamehameha some poor sap on the other end of the map.
Nope cuz that way 30-35 metres would be his limit...that's like a bit of suicide with a fully charged kamehameha..but would work well with an half charged kameha...it seems well balanced i guess...anyway..since i am not always around here on the forums..

Any idea's when we can "expect" 1.3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Primal said:
Nope cuz that way 30-35 metres would be his limit...that's like a bit of suicide with a fully charged kamehameha..but would work well with an half charged kameha...it seems well balanced i guess...anyway..since i am not always around here on the forums..

Any idea's when we can "expect" 1.3?
Asking about 1.3 is pointless because nobody knows when it will be finished, not even the team does.

It'll be done when it's done. =/

And how exactly would that be suicide? With your idea, the following situation is possible:

Goku charges a full Kamehameha Wave. He waits for a little while so he regains enough energy to do his insane teleport, then he jumps and starts flight. He teleports 30-35 meters away, closer to his enemies, and he fires his KHH at them.

Goku's advantage in this situation is that his teleporting range is larger than that of other people, and as such can be used to sneak up to people.

Goku already has enough attacks and abilities, he doesn't need any more. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom