Teens Blame GTAIV for Violent Crime Spree

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's brilliant.

Kudos to using an existing controversy to remove some of the weight from your shoulders. I'm taking back the kudos for going on a violent crime spree, though.

Most of you won't understand this, but I find it hilarious that it's a bunch of yuppie kids from LI going on killing sprees, pretending to be "mad gangsta, yo" and not people who grew up in the inner city.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Most of you won't understand this, but I find it hilarious that it's a bunch of yuppie kids from LI going on killing sprees, pretending to be "mad gangsta, yo" and not people who grew up in the inner city.
I understand perfectly. I wanted to bring this up, but I do not think my version would be "classy" enough.

Here's a video that shows a couple of the kids and people explaining their concern.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/907767

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Police would not say specifically how they knew the teens' crimes were motivated by Grand Theft Auto and not by some other motive. They said they discovered it during their investigation.
This also pisses me off. How did they discover it? Did the kids tell them? If not, don't publish a news article blaming GTA IV.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ironic how millions of people can play the game without acting like a moron. But when 3 kids go on a crime spree, "the game should be taken of the market". Even more ironic is how the kids are always American. (no offence to the Americans on these forums, but it is kind of ironic.)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Ironic how millions of people can play the game without acting like a moron. But when 3 kids go on a crime spree, "the game should be taken of the market". Even more ironic is how the kids are always American. (no offence to the Americans on these forums, but it is kind of ironic.)
You don't know what irony is.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was on the front page of the newspaper I got today, but then again, I do live on long island.

Like zeo said, the kids are stupid for going on the spree, yet were smart enough to shift the blame onto something other than themselves. I blame the people who buy into this ****.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they should publish the details of their investigation. I want to know where GTA IV even fits into this. Nowhere in the article does it say the kids told them.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't say they didn't tell them, either.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
I think they should publish the details of their investigation. I want to know where GTA IV even fits into this. Nowhere in the article does it say the kids told them.
The article I read in the paper stated that the kids said they were reenacting GTA IV's Niko Bellic.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Television, Internet and Video Games. You know, not their parents or family members or anything like that.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Police said that the rampage began at 11.30pm on Tuesday when teenagers Brandon Cruz, 15, Gurnoor Singh, 14, Samuel Philip, 16, and Jaspreet Singh, 17, were sitting in Memorial Park in New Hyde Park looking for something to do.
If they were at home with their console this stuff wouldn't have happened.
The game puts you in a naive bubble of entertainment and it's a shame that they pointed out they were attempting to mimic the life of Nico when in fact they were probably just trying to prove to each other they were 'gangsta' enough to do bad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense to those who look like this/know people like that, but they really fit the profile for the type of jackass kid that would pull something like this.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, are these kids even allowed to play that game which is for like, 17 , 18+? If the parents allowed them to play this game, its them to blame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Honestly, are these kids even allowed to play that game which is for like, 17 , 18+? If the parents allowed them to play this game, its them to blame.
Don't blame the parents, ban the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom