Teens Blame GTAIV for Violent Crime Spree

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't kids play 2nd Life and aspire to become one of the characters there ^^.

How on Earth people can be influenced so easily influenced is beyond me. I was playing the original UT when I was 7 and I've never gone on any rampages... I think. Parents need to make sure their children can handle games.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't kids play 2nd Life and aspire to become one of the characters there ^^.

How on Earth people can be influenced so easily influenced is beyond me. I was playing the original UT when I was 7 and I've never gone on any rampages... I think. Parents need to make sure their children can handle games.
You're missing the point. They weren't influenced by the game. They're using it as an excuse to justify their crime, because they know people are already up in arms about GTA IV and games like it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're missing the point. They weren't influenced by the game. They're using it as an excuse to justify their crime, because they know people are already up in arms about GTA IV and games like it.
True indeed. 20 years ago this excuse would get you no where, today ... it's still the same. I hope justice is served.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have a child that decides to randomly rob people because they have "nothing to do", you have a much more serious problem than video games.

I am curious to whether society had less or more of these problems 20 years ago?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
thompsons offspring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom