Teen hacker confesses three-year crime

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
A juvenile hacker with a reputation for stirring up trouble in online gaming groups has admitted to multiple computer felonies, including cyber attacks that overwhelmed his victims with massive amounts of data and the placing of hoax emergency phone calls that elicited visits by heavily armed police teams.

Known by the online handle of Dshocker, the 17-year-old Massachusetts hacker also admitted he breached multiple corporate computer systems, called in bomb threats and engaged in credit card fraud. The defendant, who was identified only by the initials N.H., pleaded guilty to charges in court documents that included one count each of computer fraud and interstate threats and four counts of wire fraud.

Dshocker is best known in hacker and gaming circles as the miscreant said to have perpetrated a series of attacks on members of myg0t, an online confederation dedicated to cheating and disrupting play in online games such as Counter Strike. He also unleashed attacks on other well-known hackers, according to online accounts.

According to federal prosecutors in Boston, Dshocker has since 2005 controlled "several" botnets comprising "tens of thousand [sic] of infected computers" used to carry out distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks on his victims. In January, he turned his attention to a practice known as "swatting," in which he made hoax 911 calls that falsely reported violent crimes were underway. On at least several occasions, the calls prompted visits by armed police.

To fool police, Dshocker spoofed his phone number so it appeared to originate from a victim who was located thousands of miles away. He obtained the victims' numbers and addresses by breaking into the computer systems of their internet service providers and accessing subscriber records. Charter Communications, Road Runner, and Comcast are among the ISPs he broke into.

One call falsely reporting a violent crime in progress was made in March to the police department in Seattle. Another in April was made to police in Roswell, Georgia. Both calls originated from a phone located in Dshocker's home town of Worcester, Massachusetts. He also phoned in a false bomb threat at one school and the presence of an armed gunman at another.

Dshocker didn't limit his illegal hacking to settling grudges with fellow gamers. From 2005 to earlier this year, he used stolen credit card information to make fraudulent purchases. He also managed to gain free internet access by stealing proprietary software from a large, unnamed electronics company and then using it to modify his cable modem.

Dshocker agreed to the imposition of an 11-month sentence of juvenile detention. Had he been tried as an adult, he could have faced a maximum of 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000. ®
Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/19/dshocker_pleads_guilty/

They should give the kid a medal in my opinion for attacking myg0t in the first place. But it's pretty bad he used it on other people as well.

Last edited:
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
he is worse then myg0t
at least myg0t stuff is pretty funny sometimes ;P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is he an *******? Yes. But is what he did pretty ****ing cool? Yes. I don't mean the false 911 calls or the attacks, but being able to do it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
he is worse then myg0t
at least myg0t stuff is pretty funny sometimes ;P
I honestly want myg0t to be burned down to the ground. I really dislike of what they do as a group.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myg0t isn't that bad. I actually laugh at their actions. People just take gaming too seriously.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Myg0t isn't that bad. I actually laugh at their actions. People just take gaming too seriously.
Have you even met them when they are annoying? They do anything to annoy people. Heck, even I noticed them a few times ingame blocking people's access.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea but at least they don't commit credit card fraud and exercise the use of emergency services when they could be needed elsewhere at the moment.

seriously, **** this kid.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He's a genius does as much as he possibly can before becoming an adult and then confesses so he doesn't get tried as an adult. I love this guy

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you even met them when they are annoying? They do anything to annoy people. Heck, even I noticed them a few times ingame blocking people's access.
and i lol.

seriously though, this kid didn't just mess around with peoples games, he messed around with peoples money, lives, and safety.

throw the book at him, he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I commend him on learning the skills he needed to do all this on his own and I do agree he went too far but if he was just going to put his skills to the myg0t retards I think everything would have been fine and dandy.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hacking hackers because they hack. . .

It's like killing killers because they killed.

I think when I become a father I'll hit my child to teach them to stop hitting people.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hacking hackers because they hack. . .

It's like killing killers because they killed.

I think when I become a father I'll hit my child to teach them to stop hitting people.
quite a few places in the U.S. legally kill killers.

hackers are sometimes hacked to discover identities.

trust me, you have no clue how your child will turn out, so dont give them reason to hate you later in life. deny him all rights to any gyms when he gets into his teens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[S];913888 said:
He's a genius does as much as he possibly can before becoming an adult and then confesses so he doesn't get tried as an adult. I love this guy.
This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom