TEEN GOHAN....SSJ2! OMG!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, then i guess his hair is that way... it changes though, alot...

Best answers
HOLY CRAP!!!! how the hell can u do that in g max i can barly model in g max with out screwing up/it crashing but that is pretty fricken sweet dude only thing in gmax i can do is some awesome camera **** but thats about it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe its no gmax, its 3d studio max but i hear that both programs are almost the same, and ya the hair changes a lot and i picked that reference pic because i like it and thx for the comments ^_^

im done the feet but its minor so i wont bother with a screanshot, now only hands left to do and tweaking on the arms...now if only someone could tell me how to check how many polys i have...

*edit* for anyone who is interested in with what i did with the back of the hair...

*EDIT2*

ohhh nooo itz time for really cool renders of the back perspective view of hair!!!!!

i hope i captured the SSJ2 feeling in these renders

*EDIT3*

gotta just love that ssj2 hair....

Best answers
The hair is really good, you definatley captured the SSJ2 feeling.
The only thing that's bothering me is the bagginess of the pants. They should be a lot baggier and less jeany =P. nevertheless it's probably the best SSJ2 Gohan out there ^_^ GJ

Best answers
the hair looks thinish.. try and thiken up the middle spikes a little bit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i will definatly make it more baggy, and ill see what i can do about the hair, thx for the comments

sooo...does anyone want to tell me how to check the tri count on this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like what u did with the draw over, i did what you sujested now but it looks pretty ugly in the front view as i predicted before, although ill follow with what you did on the back spikes, thank you.

edit: im going away for 3 days, coming back on tuesday so i just hope this thread doesnt die when i come back, just leave ur C&C here

edit2: before i go off to bed and leave early tomarrow morning i wanted to leave something better for you nice people to crit on, i might post time to time in my 3 day absence, heh but theres no comp at my grams house so i can forget about modeling there, so i just bring my ps2 + budokai 3 i got for xmas :) ill use my cousins comp to post maybe, merry christmas guys and i really hope you like these pics as i worked very hard over the past days on the model, cheers!

Best answers
Lookin really good, you've improved it with every new pic. It looks really accurate to me, Im sure you see a few little things you still wanna fix, but it is lookin good. I can't wait to see the finished product. Are you gonna skin it yourself or have someone else do it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, nothing is 100% perfect, i think that is the best gohan ever, props man

Best answers
i still think some of the spikes need to be moved down a lil..........

Best answers
i have 3dsm 7 but i think you can check the poly count by going into the utilities tab, press more, and press polygon counter then you can get the choice of triangle count or polygon count, go for tri :D neways good job on the model but once you've finished it please reduce the polycount :D

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Models like this really give me the inspiration to start model myself... to bad i suck at the moment at milkshape... but i will give it a try again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm anyone who wants to skin it just post ur work here so everyone else can see, as for the tri count its 1838. im sure of this cuz when i add a plane the counter adds 2 tris instead of 1 square :p

im leaving in a couple mins so later all

Best answers
it looks good though i think u should redo the purple gui as u wasted alot of polys there and the flow on the pants in some areas is pretty bad , anyway good luck with the model :yes:

Best answers
hmm not that much polies as i expected, but i rekon you could remodel that in 1500 polies or less! it might not mean much but you could squeeze some extra detail on the folds on the trousers if you clean up the torso. also (this is my personal opinion) i would like the arms to be buffed up a bit because ssj2 doesn't have normal status arms..i dont know, the arms look a bit thin to me, other than that, great model! im a no good skinner but i could try and have a shot at it, because i wanna learn and it should be fun..

gj darksniper and keep up the good work :)

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I Woudnt Mind to have a go at it, Only thing is I'm goin on away to visit some friends for a couple of day's and I wont be back until new year. and eh you've seen my work around here. ;)

Best answers
WOWIE that ssj2 gohan model looks good :)
btw... is it for esf? i didn`t read all the text here so it could be that you allreaddy said it..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Elemental said:
it looks good though i think u should redo the purple gui as u wasted alot of polys there and the flow on the pants in some areas is pretty bad , anyway good luck with the model :yes:
i strongly agree about the top gi being messy and wasteage of polies so ill fix that up right away, however i think that the polyflow of the pants is better than any other part on the model.. thx for the luck

@ the_reckoning:
my mistake, its really about 3200 tris, however i managed to get it at about 2900 right now, still working to cut down on the tris

@ Gohanssj2!!:
yes, its for esf

@everyone:
the model is almost done and will be ready tomarrow or the day after to have someone put the esf gohan skeletion on it, anyone who wants to do that just say so right here

*edit*
im glad to say that its only 2346 tris atm so we can now breath more easy

Best answers
ahh...finally a new gohan for esf :D ill have a go at assigning it to the esf skele, ill even make a few custom animations if you want, just pm me or something and i will see what i can do...2346 is pretty good and ur first max model!! i'm impressed! also when are you going to have the skinmaps ready?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom