TEEN GOHAN....SSJ2! OMG!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come One, Come All... Gohan Ssj/ssj2!

hey, over the past few days ive been working on a gohan, mainly working on the head. the pants and hair are still a heavy wip so please give me C@C!

and this is my first dbz character in max :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its coming along real well, and theres a DEFINATE flow in there.. but ZOMG TEH WASTAGE!!! you really dont need to model all those folds into the front of his gi. and tbh, for the ammount of chest that is showing there shouldnt be that many polies (dont need to make such a curve). as for the face, youve made it flow as if it were a realistic model, when its not. since the eyes are quite boxy, you dont need to make the polygons flow in a circlular motion arround the eye, in this particular case, tis led to at least 20 un needed polie's (quads) on the forhead and cheek area's

hair looks sexy tho ^_^

and i see you learned to colour it. gj :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i shrinked the hair from the side view and i must say it looks a lot better, thanks ^_^

but im not gonna do anything on front view because i matched the ref almost exact so ill leave it like that, i just never had any side ref lol.

edit: ya i was thinking of tuning down the poly on the face and i will for sure sooner or later

edit1: finished arms, need lots of crits on it, drawovers would help a lot, mainly on the back..

Best answers
Thats really good i am glad that their is someone else that uses 3d max and other programs like AutoCADD 2003 and stuff. Thats some awesome skill there. When i was in 10th grade i almost had Goku in SSJ form so perfect that it would be hard to tell the difference from the anime....The only part that stinks is that i left it on the computer and forgot about it. oh well... Thats good stuff there keep it up....When the skin is done let me know i want it LOL my aim is egale180 keep me in touch i can prolly give you some pointers since i did that for 3 years

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i dont have aim installed, only msn :p

i would like to see ur ssj goku though

edit: almost done back of the hair, still quite a wip though (it may not match the ref you see there so im not going to change it because it already fits the front ref good)

and just to let u know i havent had max for a long time

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the hair is wierd, it looks to clumpy, and the front hair strand is way too big. The back looks like Vegetto hair and the side looks like a USSJ version of Vegeta.

Best answers
for ur first one.. pretty ****ing good..
and personaly I think it looks great.. I'll wait untill your finished to give crits... Looking goood..

btw I wouldnt listen to the crits for the hair... that the guy ontop of my gave... hairs awsome

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doesnt quad have problems, like not showing sometimes, only Triangles are used for games and such since they dont have the disappearing problem. i think thats whats wrong with the back of your hair... OR you just dont have anything there in the holes anyways. but if your going to make this a game model, you might have to change it to triangle polys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well im not dont the back so thats why u see the holes so dont worry about it

i kind of fixed up the side and back but i really need refs of the side, i seem to have tried everywhere and cant find, would appreciate it if anyone has any.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
humps! Wow i really impressed!

First time? Man ur pretty good!

Best answers
really leet model man,u have skills.but cut some poly's in his face.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yo dan thats ****ing sweet man :D best gohan model i have seen so far gj

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks very much for all the coments, ill try and rework the face and arms later on

so far ive been focusing on the hair from side view and also back and done some re-working

so here are the sides, still working on back so not READY yet

other side...

(got no side refs so its not that perfect...yet ;)

and a front view just to show u that the hair height is correct...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the hair is way to high, tone it down a bit....but it looks like this can become a pretty nice gohan model, so keep it up ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think your right, ill scale it down when i finish off the back

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the arms need a lot of work, please sort out the bicep, and shoulder connections :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what exactly do u mean by shoulder connections? like make it ball bering (dunno how its spelt)?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well at the moment, the arm just kinda...sprouts from the body. which is ok n all, but what about the muscle? when you model a character, its important to model the muscle structure so it animates like it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom