TEAMMATE CATCH

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was playin ESF on the Internet today, and me and my buddy were playing baseball. When I say baseball I mean we were ganging up on 1 guy. My friend grabbed him, started spinin and then through him into me as i melee him away into the distance. I was thinkin, maybe a team member should be able to catch a thrown teammate with the use key or somethin. But, it should be very hard to do. Maybe add like super perfect timin or something. Like block + use the exact second ur teammate is about to knock into u. I dunno, it seemed kinda hot.

Best answers
I have to give this a thumbs up for more of a team play experience

Best answers
To balance this out, maybe it could be made that the person who catches his teamate will lose a chunk of his powerlevel and has to charge it back up, as to not give the teamates a huge advantage of ripping the face off the enemy.

nge

Best answers
Eh, I'm against it. Currently the throw makes a decent makeshift projectile should the need arrise, and adding a "catch" will remove a nice offencive detail that it currently has.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Eh, I'm against it. Currently the throw makes a decent makeshift projectile should the need arrise, and adding a "catch" will remove a nice offencive detail that it currently has.
Not really.

For one, this wouldn't work in FFA matches, since, well, there ARE no teams.

Secondly, when a server DOES run Teamplay mode, there hardly ever is any real teamwork going on. Everybody just goes about doing their own thing. It's rare to see people even teaming up on one person. So, I don't see this being overused or whatever.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Secondly, when a server DOES run Teamplay mode, there hardly ever is any real teamwork going on. Everybody just goes about doing their own thing. It's rare to see people even teaming up on one person. So, I don't see this being overused or whatever.
Agreed but the problem with that isnt the game its the people. As soon as you team up on someone hell go off saying sometzhing like "OMG you noobs teamkilling. Is that the only thing you can do..."

Thats why people just let it be.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its rare to see people teaming up on one person? Wow. I must be the unluckiest sonava***** in esf then =/. I get gangbanged all the time. They don't even kiss me afterwards, those bastards.

But really, 2 on 1, 3 on 1, and so on and so forth are pretty damn common.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It almost never happens to me. It might just be the servers you play in. :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I dont like the idea. I think the throw attack just slows things down too much. Doing that will slow it even further.

nge

Best answers
And honestly, the only way you'd ever get to "catch" someone in time would be if they threw them at you in the first place. So yeah, it'd just null this rarely used form of self defence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom