Team Fortress 2 and HL2 for the 360 + PS3

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, this game is nothing like Prey. It's going above and beyond what Prey did, it's actaully one of the more original games I've seen [the game was in development long before Prey was released]. You just don't like Valve =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Pride, this game is nothing like Prey. The game was in development before Prey was released or even close to being released. It's taking the portal idea and going above and beyond what Prey did, it actually seems like a breath of fresh air to me. You just don't like Valve =/
I don't think he's saying the game's like Prey, I think he's saying that the way the portals look and act seem very similar to Prey's, and I agree with him. That's not to say I don't think Valve's way of doing it is also awesome :yes:.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prey was originally going to be developed on the Duke 3D engine, if I remember correctly.

You're right though, Valve couldn't have stolen the idea. It takes them 5 years to come up with lighting, there's no way they could have ripped off this portal gimmick so quickly.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Prey was originally going to be developed on the Duke 3D engine, if I remember correctly.

You're right though, Valve couldn't have stolen the idea. It takes them 5 years to come up with lighting, there's no way they could have ripped off this portal gimmick so quickly.

Actually prey was in development since i think was it 96 or 98, and it used the same portal stuff it has now back then, it just didn't look as good, more then likely Valve saw a chance and took it, but i dun care either way portals will be a part of my infinite game library.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about anyone else, but I like this change.

Why? Its unique.

Too often do we see the SAME models with the SAME skins. Yeah, they aren't EXACTLY the same, but its basically uniformal. Realism, realism.

This is a much needed change in a full genre filled with clones.

Only thing I see going wrong is the animation aspect. If they can get the animations right, graphics wise, this game will ****ing own.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Except that Prey already did it.

Valve never does anything original.
Honestly, is there anything you can do now that could be considered "original" ?

Its all about how they execute the portals to make it different from the rest, and it looks like they succeeded. And no Prey cannot do what Portal can, Prey has scripted portals, where as in Portal you can make them where ever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
Its all about how they execute the portals to make it different from the rest, and it looks like they succeeded. And no Prey cannot do what Portal can, Prey has scripted portals, where as in Portal you can make them where ever.
Actually, there was a mod released almost right after the Prey demo was released that allowed you to make portals identically as this new Portal game can, using your wrench, heh.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck trying to download it now. It's being taken down off of numerous sites (including VALVe's).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got it on my HDD, maybe I'll upload it later. Guess I was one of the lucky few.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Good luck trying to download it now. It's being taken down off of numerous sites (including VALVe's).
I'm downloading it as we speak.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those who've downloaded it (which is a lot of people) are uploading it to every possible site. YouTube, Fileplanet, etcetera, but VALVe is asking those sites to take it down. It wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow I believe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just upload it somewhere, I wanna see it. :p

Portal also looks like a really fun game, I wonder if it will also have Multiplayer, imagine all the fun of people chasing eachother trough portals, and then suddenly change a portal so people fall into a pit whilst they are chasing you. :p

And I actually like this new graphics change of TF2, looks really funny.

Best answers
It looks ok, but don't know if it really fits TF.. I just hope it plays the exact same way as TFC.. Just different looks..

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Valve never does anything original.
Except, as Sub pointed out, this isn't exactly a Valve game. It's the Source re-working of a student product that predates the modern version of Prey.

In other news, woot! Team Fortress 2! :D

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. That looks like something you'd see in a pixar movie. I really can't wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Wow. That looks like something you'd see in a pixar movie. I really can't wait.
Well, if I remember correctly, the Source engine was touted as being similar, if not the same, as what Monsters, Inc. used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom