Team Canada? More like... Team Garbage

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the men are out in hockey, needless to say I'm deeply dissapointed, but not surprised. Not to take anything away from them, they're all great players, but they played like crap, and the other teams were on their A-game. Shutouts by Finland, Switzerland, and Russia. Can you say owned much? Maybe the women should teach them how to win, they won the gold.

Oh well, at least our curling team won a bronze (women), and the men are in the Gold medal match (Hockey and Curling were always supposed to be our strengths.)

Overall, can't say I'm dissapointed with the rest of our results. 19 medals so far, 5 gold with the chance for another gold tomorrow with a guaranteed silver at a minimum.
-------------
Thoughts? Other peoples opinions of their country's performance? Or general olympic chatter? Go nuts.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The women have been killing it in hockey and speed skating the men sorta just crumbled that was sad. Good to see Gretzky is taking the blame =P.

Best answers
Yeah, i dont like Wayne Gretzky. I think he is overrated.

And isnt America in the lead with the most Gold? And did our team win a medal in hockey, I know that North America let us down this year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our men had a very lackluster performance this time. I say blame it on the women. Grats to them, though. Our women are doing really well, I think I watched them win the gold in hockey from a ski chalet.

And no, Germany is beating your sorry asses, both for number of gold and overall medals. Vicarious olympics, Ill support whoever contends with America.

You did get a bronze in Womens hockey though, so gj.

Edit: I just saw that we got a gold for curling! And here I was, worrying that Furby wasnt the skip to go to Italy.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now you can't make fun of the Americans for getting pwnt ;P Ah well though. At least my Uni (University of Minnesota) is doing well enough :p

Best answers
Hmm... last time I checked, America had the most gold metals, but that was a long time ago.

And both of your women skiers crashed on runs, one got badly injured i heard. Seen the whole thing on NBC. And isnt Germany kicking your ass also, or not?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice! Weve got 23 medals now! The previous record was 19 or something, so this is turning out to be a good olympics for Canada. Mens hockey lost, but our curling teams did well (a more Canadian sport if you ask me). Its weird how half the countries are winning all the medals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, the mens hockey team blew, but the rest of canada is doing great. That one speed skater, Klassen is it? She has like 6 medals or something, and we've set a new record for medlas overall.

Oh and have the mens curling team played yet? How did they do?

Best answers
im disappointed in canada and im canadian :(

im disappointed because we lost mens hockey only reason i watched the Olympics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But we won womens hockey, and women are hot. I dont know what youre complaining about, considering were 3rd for number of medals, 1 back from the states and 5 behind Germany. Go be dissapointed about something else because we kicked ass this year, no complaining allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom