Teach me Basic melee swooping

Best answers
ive been playing esf for about 5 days now but ive encountered a problem with basic melee swooping.

What is it that determines who will land the hit first during swooping?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your opponent is not moving at you at the time or not swooping if your swooping at each other at the same time you will either get into a melee struggle or hit each other knocking each other back

Best answers
but why is it that if me and my enemy are both swooping he somehow gets the advantage and lands either basic melee/throw/adv melee

what determines who is point man and lands the hit first ive had many encounters with pros/vets where we both fly at each other and they always always land the hit and i somehow miss even though we fly right at each other equidistant same time and direction

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avd melee vs simple melee = simple melee gets it's hit and then adv does 12 prepunches.
Adv melee vs adv melee = melee struggle
simple melee vs simple melee = both get knocked back

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another thing, if hes swooping at you for a bit of a distance and right before he gets to you if you swoop at him he gets the hit. you need to be swooping for about a second or so, maybe this is your problem?

Best answers
yeah that is part of it how about if i swoop directly at him but HE (the enemy) swoops me a little to the side does that affect it or maybe PL or if his turbo is on does any of that affect it?

i ask all this because i get owned by double swoop basic melee
and i get hit all the time even though i swoop first and they are standing still

ive had guys stand still and swoop at the last second and land their hit first

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i know sometimes ill use a technique when me and a dude are swooping at each other instead of getting into a melee struggle ill swerve off to the side just enough so he cant hit me but when im about to pass him i turn left or right very fast

Best answers
basicly when ur new, just about every time u headon with someone.. ur gonna loose...... most ppl will make it look like there gona go directally 4 but will move slightly to oneside turn and hit u....

its an old 1.1 trick....... useing the right mouce sencitivity, angel slighty off to the side or something turn and hit them..

gets ppl who like to headon all the time.......

if that aint the case....... then r u holding melee button while ur swooping??? sorry i godda ask becuz if u in a headon and ur both meleeing then it should rezult in a struggel.

avoid headon at all cost becuz there r too many ways around it... practice closequarte chain swoopin and teleporting and swooping smoothly. it will give u an edge in a headon situation. hope i helped

Best answers
yeah thank u ssj4goku

i was wondering if it was me or what cause its a tought game to learn but im all about balanced games that are tough

as long as its not some god damn exploit i figure these guys have a few months on me at least and its not the most newbie friendly game but i just needed to know if that was it or something i didnt follow

see you on the battle field i got by Batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom