Taking Krav Maga classes as of last week.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally, after about a year of searching, I finally found a Krav Maga club in my town. I've been to several classes and did some basic stuff, elbowing, choking etc. I'm wondering if anyone here had any experience with Krav Maga and can tell me how you benefited from it? I'm aware of the advantages Krav Maga has over other martial arts, I've taken Karate and Ai ki do classes in the past and somehow, this feels much more natural to me than the former.

So yeah, which benefits will I have from learning this? I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty clumsy, and I'm hoping this will somewhat improve my overall agility and movement coordination.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know for sure what benefits you can get from Krav Maga but from what I've seen, and from what I've learned in my 6 years of Karate, Krav Maga surpasses other martial arts because it uses your body and your mind in a more instinctive way, making it more efficient in random violence circumstances. If I had a Krav Maga school nearby I sure would go for it. Unfortunately the nearest Krav Maga school is more than 12 km from my house =-(. Good lessons and have fun :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It reminds me of Aikido... you could be the next Steven Seagal?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iJQ8TGYQU8[/ame]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once I join the Israeli army I can't wait to learn Krav Maga. I'm taking Karate for a credit at uni right now and it's pretty awesome, but I really can't wait to learn the real ****.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah, which benefits will I have from learning this?
That depends on what you're looking to get out of it.

If you're looking to be better able to defend yourself, but the school in question lacks emphasis on sparring, then you're probably not going to get much out of it.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're looking to be better able to defend yourself, but the school in question lacks emphasis on sparring, then you're probably not going to get much out of it.
Speaking of which.... (sorry for asking this in someone else's thread)
What martial art do you guys suggest for improving my defense skills? :)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of which.... (sorry for asking this in someone else's thread)
What martial art do you guys suggest for improving my defense skills? :)
That depends on what you're interested in doing.

Do you want to be well-rounded? MMA, Sambo, Pankration, Sanda/Sanshou, etcetera.
Do you want to be a good striker? Boxing, Kickboxing, Lethwei, Muay Thai, Kyokushin Karate, Savate, etcetera.
Do you want to be a good grappler? Judo, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Wrestling (Greco-Roman, Catch, etcetera), etcetera.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krav Maga is about taking down your opponent as fast as possible. You do only what you have to do, nothing fancy about it. It's one of the most brutally efficient close combat systems in existence, if not the most efficient. It's a great defensive skill to learn, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That depends on what you're interested in doing.

Do you want to be well-rounded? MMA, Sambo, Pankration, Sanda/Sanshou, etcetera.
Do you want to be a good striker? Boxing, Kickboxing, Lethwei, Muay Thai, Kyokushin Karate, Savate, etcetera.
Do you want to be a good grappler? Judo, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Wrestling (Greco-Roman, Catch, etcetera), etcetera.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
(Look at the country of origin) [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_maga[/ame]

I am so proud at the moment.

There are tons of Krav maga schools in Israel(owned you guys)

Never got what was so efficient about it compared to other arts though/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom