Tagging/Tracking other players

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two suggestions:
1. In the next version I think it might be good to show a name over a character's head when you put the targetting recticle over them, instead of in the scouter display.

Why go through the trouble when we already have an id'ing system in place? Good question!!

I dunno about other people, but I like to keep track of any other players in the area with the radar. I also want to know the name of the guy I'm shooting at and if he's the same Goku I just knocked into another pile of Goku's a second ago (so I know whether or not to finish him off or keep on looking)

Doing both gets difficult though since the views change between one and the other on the scouter. So a change there would be nice, methinks.

2. Second suggestion is tagging, or targetting players to once again ease finding an opponent you were just fighting or want to fight.

Basically, once you're "locked on" to that player a targetting circle appears around them and arrows to the side of your screen show you their general direction, as well as a small note of their powerlevel (once again so you don't have to switch the scouter modes).

It could work like in the X-wing series; you can tap a button to cycle forward or backwards through your list of opponents, or you can double tap the simple melee button when you're targetting someone to select them as a target.

Suggestions? Opinions? Death threats for such heresy?

nge

Best answers
I like the first idea, but it should be a variable. Don't force effects like that on a player, but leaving it an option is a very nice touch.

I'm kind've against the second idea, however. Especially bad for FFA servers; it'll make it that much easier for frustraited players to ultra-spam others they don't like, or whatever. I like having to keep some focus on what you want to kill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a clientside option/cvar would be great for the first idea. I only use radar mode on the scouter so it's nice to know that i'm aiming at the right Goku/Buu in a duel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love both ideas. It's really hard to keep track of people sometimes.

You could say that the arrow pointing to people is a way of 'sensing' their presence.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly i dont realy care. Since i dont use the scouter anyhow.

But wouldnt it be anoying if you look at a bunch of people who are movine and names keep poping up :S

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i luv the ideea with trackyng i hate noobs that run , but RUN and very much RUN but much run and when i approach them " a_litta'_noob killed vegetto with kamehameka "
even if it has been sugested before u explaind good whay !

"Light-e-val-Lightning" Ky
"Ther's no spoone " The Matricks

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i like the idea if it can somehow be implented, since dbz characters do have a sense of following players, and it can be tricky sometimes following the right enemy u were fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm kind've against the second idea, however. Especially bad for FFA servers; it'll make it that much easier for frustraited players to ultra-spam others they don't like, or whatever. I like having to keep some focus on what you want to kill.
This is true. To deal with this I have two more ideas. One is that whenever a person kills you three or more times consecutively, they're identified as a rival on your radar and with the tagging system. No matter where they are on the map, the tag will show their current pl, hp (small lettering so as not to be distracting) and the color of the tag will change color the closer they get. If they're off screen the tag changes to an arrow with the same information.
If they fire a beam or blast while locked on to you, the tag will start blinking.

An alternative to that is that if you kill a person three times consecutively, you'd lose the ability to lock on to them for either (a) you get a certain number of kills on other players, or (b) a certain length of time passes within the game. These would be server settings.

Neither idea would prevent players being picked on, but it makes it no more easy to do so than the current version.

But wouldnt it be anoying if you look at a bunch of people who are movine and names keep poping up
Which is where the second idea would help out a lot. You wouldn't have to worry about alot of names popping up because you'd be locked on to just one player and could easily ignore the others.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
cycling through opponents might be tricky if there is many on the screen, so another option would be this.

maybe there can be a lock on button, and when you you press it, the person your crosshair is on is the guy that gets permanently targeted, until you pick a new target.

arrow sensing idea sounds interesting too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For ease, I think there should be a button that targets the enemy closest to you. This is handy in the heat of battle, and it can also be used when you're fighting one person, obviously. Having buttons for cycling back and forth and crap between targets is silly in a fast-paced game like ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@tony: Way ahead of you =P

SA_Gohan said:
or you can double tap the simple melee button when you're targetting someone to select them as a target.
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
For ease, I think there should be a button that targets the enemy closest to you. This is handy in the heat of battle, and it can also be used when you're fighting one person, obviously. Having buttons for cycling back and forth and crap between targets is silly in a fast-paced game like ESF.
You know that is exactly right. I think having a "target nearest" would work well in conjunction with cycling, as that nearest person may be engaged in melee, or you might have a free moment at the edge of the map to choose your opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom