SWTOR Free to Play Tomorrow

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The same story can't happen to more than one person.
By your logic, only one person should buy and play a CRPG, because there should be only one hero to the story.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oooh, ok. I understand what you're saying.

I guess that makes sense as to why you wouldn't like it. I personally prefer it as I can ask for help at any time, discuss story-lines with other players over general chat, or group up and play co-op. Only thing I don't understand is how it breaks logic. Up until max and level, and breaks for dungeons and such, you play most mmo's as if it's a single player game. Viper is right in what he says but it's more a difference in perspective rather than logic. When I play the game, I'm not thinking of the thousands of other people playing the same story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats because everyone is only one person. The hero of the story is supposed to be you, no everyon else playing. Just you.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By your logic, only one person should buy and play a CRPG, because there should be only one hero to the story.
They're playing as the same hero, though. It's not like many of the same heroes co-exist in the same word in singleplayer games.

Thats because everyone is only one person.
I already told that I don't need explanations. They don't justify the problem in the in-universe logic. I'm just stating that this problem exists and I'm not too fond of it.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're talking about realism and logic in a game with laser swords and people moving stuff with their minds.
An in-universe perspective, bro. Come back when you find out what it is.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yes hleV, the devs should make a unique storyline with unique npcs, arts and assets for every single person on the planet. Who needs real life limitations and technical feasibility anyway.

:p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yes hleV, the devs should make a unique storyline with unique npcs, arts and assets for every single person on the planet. Who needs real life limitations and technical feasibility anyway.

:p
I never suggested anything like that.

****ing hell you are a sperglord. I swear it's like I'm reading youtube comments.
You're not forced to read any of this. In fact, I'd suggest you not to, since you apparently are uncapable of understanding what is this on about.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't like mmorpgs. That's entirely cool. It's more that your reasoning just doesn't make any sense. I'm simply assuming at this point that you're just trolling and don't actually care about this flawed "in-universe" argument.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't like mmorpgs. That's entirely cool.
I like some of the MMORPGs. Most if not all of them have this "broken in-universe logic" thing.

It's more that your reasoning just doesn't make any sense.
You'll have to elaborate on this.

I'm simply assuming at this point that you're just trolling and don't actually care about this flawed "in-universe" argument.
Your assumption is wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have come to a conclusion hlev is just messing around. Has to be. If not, stick to this story.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have come to a conclusion hlev is just messing around. Has to be. If not, stick to this story.
Why is it always that at the end people just stop bringing arguments to their opinions? I'm very well aware that the argument is about an unimportant thing. The thing is, all I did was giving an opinion about something (about something generally unimportant) and then people started arguing even though there's nothing really to argue about, bringing silly opinions as facts, like "you don't make sense", with having nothing to back it up. That's when I start arguing back, because people say that I'm somehow wrong and believe it to be true while in fact it is not.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not that we think you're wrong, it's just that the "in-universe logic" argument doesn't make much sense. An in-universe perspective is a story being told from the eyes of the protagonist. In the eyes of the hero, there's no one else going through that particular story-line, even when there's actually 50 others in the game doing it at the same moment. What you're saying doesn't make sense because these other people aren't doing the story right along side you, making the same decisions and seeing the same cutscenes. They're just playing the same single-player campaign before they hit max level and are required to co-op for the rest of the game.

It's really not much different from playing...say, the AVP2 Campaign through and then playing multi-player. the only difference being is that people can actually help you out during your story quests as a non-existent observer. The reason people think you're just messing around (if you indeed aren't trolling) is because it really seems like you're just saying nonsense to continue the argument. Otherwise, I don't mind if you don't like the game or other mmo's.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In MMOs, you shouldn't necessarily be a hero. That is, the devs shouldn't necessarily make every character the players create be the same/similar hero. Just a person who gets stronger, helps people (NPCs) by doing favors to them (quests), etc. NOT make a story for himself which is exactly the same for thousands of other people because it definitely breaks the in-universe logic and I don't get how you can't find sense in that. Though you can make story (not a scripted one, just something to remember) with other characters, raids, PVP, etc. Of course, since there are many (if not most) people who disregard this and rather enjoy the story they're given, the devs won't ever "change the plan".
My problem is that you say that the "in-universe logic" argument doesn't make sense. Why? It's like saying that there's no "in-universe" at all. Unless you mean to say that in MMO's in-universe, different people can make similar story (even with the same timeline, sometimes) because it doesn't have to follow real world's logic AT ALL. I'd accept that as an argument, just that it's never suggested/implied to be the case.

This is getting old, though. Can we agree to disagree?

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In MMOs, you shouldn't necessarily be a hero. That is, the devs shouldn't necessarily make every character the players create be the same/similar hero. Just a person who gets stronger, helps people (NPCs) by doing favors to them (quests), etc. NOT make a story for himself which is exactly the same for thousands of other people because it definitely breaks the in-universe logic and I don't get how you can't find sense in that. Though you can make story (not a scripted one, just something to remember) with other characters, raids, PVP, etc. Of course, since there are many (if not most) people who disregard this and rather enjoy the story they're given, the devs won't ever "change the plan".
My problem is that you say that the "in-universe logic" argument doesn't make sense. Why? It's like saying that there's no "in-universe" at all. Unless you mean to say that in MMO's in-universe, different people can make similar story (even with the same timeline, sometimes) because it doesn't have to follow real world's logic AT ALL. I'd accept that as an argument, just that it's never suggested/implied to be the case.

This is getting old, though. Can we agree to disagree?
I can't really find sense in that because the game you're describing is going shopping and helping old ladies cross the street. If you don't have a storyline of some sort at least, there's no motivation to keep going. At the end of the game, you're not "The jedi who destroyed such and such". You are just "The jedi". It's kinda like what bioware said. The character story-lines are supposed to be the 3rd game, while the end-game is the start of the 4th. It's like that for most other MMO's that I've played, as well.

But yeah, I'll agree to disagree. Everyone has a different opinion. That's the internet for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom