Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok here's something that I was thinking about...

1.1 will have Trunks use his sword for melee attacks. But it actually has no difference from normal melee as far as the attack is concerned. It's just a model with animations.

I've been noticing SOOO many models being made on these forums that use a weapon of some kind. Now here's what I am thinking, why not use the sword models in 1.0 as well? You already have the models, you can assign skeletons to it and animate it so it looks like the model is actually hitting from the sword to replace melee.

Take vegeta for example. A horizontal hit is him stretching both his legs forward to throw a person away. An upward hit is kicking a person up with his legs. A downward hit is him smashing him down with his fists. So why can't we animate the sword/weapon models in 1.0 as if it looks like they're hitting with their actual weapons? There would be no damage difference but it would still look cool.

Dunno, maybe I am too late in posting this if 1.1 comes out sometime soon. But think about it... is this possible??

Best answers
yeah its possible, you just make the weapon a melee animation. but beta1.1 i think will have a few extra animations for trunk's sword, and the sword does do more damage in 1.1

Best answers
Sure you can make this. I use this on my Vegeta now *cough* The problem is: How to hide the weapons if they are not supposed to show uo except in the melee animation? With Trunks sword, it's easy as he always carries it on the back. But you can also hide the "gun" inside the body but sometimes you have to make it smaller. So, how do you make it smaller? I paln to use many bones to do this but if there is an easier way please tell me.

Best answers
a gun....jeez....your gonna go thru all the trouble to put it inside the body?....um...ever heard of a holster?....or just clip it to the side of a hip/leg/ankle or something

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he ment it as an example, it will be quite a trouble, it would involve almost doing all the animations again to stop the sword from clipping other parts, plus if you slap it onto a bone, it will stay on, even with you doing an attack... there are ways of doing this... the problem is that they either involve very complex methods or they wont work in esf.... only coding will do this :|

Best answers
most warriors keep their weapons drawn in a battle so slapping a sword or sumthin onto a bone would make sense so one sees the weapon is out and ready for battle. as for beamin, just switch it to the other hand.... so yeah seeing sum1 use a weapon for melee is a nice change.

Best answers
hm for Trunk's sword there's a very easy way.... Look where the sword's holster (dont know exact english word... kill me) is attached to, now make a new bone from this one and attach teh sowrd to it while it is inside the holster. Then have this as a ref file and move the bone just in the melee anims.... lotsa work so better wawit for 1.1...

Best answers
Here I am again...well, I suggest that when you are Trunks, you will always use melee, but when you are going to hit an opponent with 10 or less HP, you draw your sword and instant cut him/her with some cool slo-mo animation, like when he's gonna cut Cyborg Frieza in two.....just a tough.

Best answers
Well, you people make a good point. I was thinking about that for my model (click Here for my thread about it) but i guess since 1.1 is gonna take a wile longer i might as well make it for 1.0 for now.

Best answers
Hentai-Sama
I suck at quoting, just read his post:p

This isn't possible by doing a model THIS requires coding...
For the only-on-melee-idea: If you got enough time.. DO IT:laff:

Best answers
Originally posted by Sin Goku
hm for Trunk's sword there's a very easy way.... Look where the sword's holster (dont know exact english word... kill me) is attached to, now make a new bone from this one and attach teh sowrd to it while it is inside the holster. Then have this as a ref file and move the bone just in the melee anims.... lotsa work so better wawit for 1.1...
The word is sheath. And I agree, just wait until version 1.1 comes out. It's stupid to do it now, and suddenly: "OMG!! NOO!! VERSION 1.1 CAME OUT THE DAY AFTER I FINISHED AND RELEASED MY MODEL!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!11!!1!!!!111!!1!!!!1!!11ONE!"

It's coming out soon, so don't bother wasting your time on it.

Best answers
i cant wait till beta 1.1 for this swordness....
It will finally make trunks worth playing ( no offense but in esf trunks plain sucks)
not to mention this will be great for samurai chars like if some 1 would make a kenshin model

Best answers
Wasent there a dude on these forums that did asign a sword to trunks? I dont remember who though but use search and hope :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom