sword struggle suggestion =)

Best answers
ok i was thinkin since seein the fx video from wut it looks like trunks might get sword melee back for basic melee or somthin like that. well everyone knos how wen if u have 20% helth and trunks hits u wit his sword its a sword kill.

i was thinkin that instead of always diein instead if u block the hit it would go into maybe somthin like a struggle. somthin like this.

if the person tryna block it wins then he breaks their sword and gets a counter punch but if he loses then he gets sword killed.

maybe either make it like arrows come up and whoever gets the most right wins or make it like a powerstruggle bar.

i dunno i havent really thought of a really good way to put it in but i was jus tryna put it out there. besides at 20% health that could be up to almost like 25-30 hp sometimes. and no one wants to die all the time cus of it witout a fighting chance to block it.

anyway C&C plz

Best answers
i like the idea of the struggle but i dont think they should be arrows. Somthing different and unique

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
that would make trunks a bit easier to use.
well i dont kno if it would make him easier to use. bascially thats helpin everyone else out because if u get hit wit his sword then its a kill no question. but with this u get a chance to block it break his sword and counter punch him.

so if anything its in favor of the other person not trunks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds OK

the only problem is the sword -_- its modeld to the character you you cant brake it

Maby DT can fix that problem with a break animation or something like that.

anyhow after that the sword is ussable again

Best answers
well like i said b4 im not really sure about trunks melee for 1.3 so its not for sure if hes gettin his sword back for basic melee again but i was thinkin along the lines of that wen his sword gets broke he cant use it again till he respawns.

it does seem to have in but now that i think about it i does seem like it might be kinda hard to put in but ah well its just a thought.

Best answers
This idea is great Dark Trunks, I would love to block a sword like that or slash through them like that.

Best answers
thx ^_^. u kno its jus a suggestion cus if they make his basic melee like it was in 1.1 wen the player was at 20% hp if they got hit they were dead so u kno if they do that for 1.3 its jus like a chance to block it cus i kno alot of people got annoyed wen they were at like 30 hp then get hit once and jus die lol.

i jus dont kno wut the best for it to be in would be. arrows or a powerstruggle bar? i was thinkin arrows because that would make it i dunno more fair then a ps bar because in a ps bar it goes by the pl one has so if someone is stronger then the other he'll always win.

so i was thinkin arrows were a more fair way to block it or kill wit it. but someone give me some other options about it if possible and some other C&C

Best answers
Now on this ill have to say this is one of your better ideas. Mainly because its about someone other then Trunks for once lol. But anyway i do like the idea.

I remember on 1.1 i used to hate it to no end how whenever i got hit by his sword i would just cut into pieces without a chance to avoid it. I dont know how it would be added but id like it in all the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like it, the whole point of the unblockable sword is that it's unblockable. This pretty much takes away his only advantage as 'a melee character'.

Oh, and that video isn't a good thing to use as evidence as Gokua's 'sword' doesn't have an edge, it's completely rounded. Like a long steel cone (instead of a blade) on a triangular hilt (instead of a flat hilt) with a sharp point. I can assure you, you can't block an edge with your forearm in the same way.

Best answers
well like i said its just a thought i mean its annoying diein in one hit witout a chance to block it or anything like that and besides if i remember correctly android 18 broke his sword blocking it as well. although its not the same way as in the gif she still blocked it and broke it.

not to mention goku blocked the sword as well and so did trunks wen king cold tried to hit him with it so its not the matter of it being unblockable its the strength that determines whether its blockable or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Oh, and that video isn't a good thing to use as evidence as Gokua's 'sword' doesn't have an edge, it's completely rounded. Like a long steel cone (instead of a blade) on a triangular hilt (instead of a flat hilt) with a sharp point. I can assure you, you can't block an edge with your forearm in the same way.
:p Then what about Goku blocking Trunks' sword attacks with his index finger? You know, when they spar when Goku gets back to Earth from Yardek (sp?), where he learned Instant Transmission.

Best answers
exactly point proven Shiyojin Rommyu. wen he tried to slash the android 18 and she blocked it and broke it that could be an example too. so its not about gokuas sword bein rounded off its about their strength.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks grabbed the blade, he didn't block it, Future Android #17 does the same thing in History of Trunks. When Goku does it he doesn't just block it with his finger, if you watch a few seconds before Trunks attacks him he puts a lot of energy into his finger, so much so that it gets it's own seperate aura.

As for Gokua, when he fought Trunks he used the sword defensivley to block his kicks, which causes no discomfort to Trunks.

Anyway, you missed my point. Trunks advantage as a melee character is his sword. It gibs at 20% hp and it's unblockable. You shouldn't be able to block it, breaking it's out of the question. As for countering it, forget it. It's his advantage. I'm surprised that you want to further underpower Trunks.

Best answers
i get ur point but thats the thing tho no ones knos if hes gettin his sword back for 1.3 for basic melee im hoping they do tho and make him faster but its nuttin major.

just tryin to add a little more realism to esf beacuse as of now in 1.2 his advantage is gone cus he no longer uses his sword (hopefully will change in 1.3) and to me the only reason trunks is underpowered is cus hes slow and doesnt have his sword anymore not to mention burning attack is weak as **** and he has no good beams or nuttin like that but hes the melee character so i guess those really dont matter in this case

in any case i see ur point ravendust but i still think it would be nice to see this in i mean to me i dont think it would make that much of a difference. and about trunks grabbing the blade he doesnt grab it he blocks it wit his arm

^ example

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
goku blocked the sword as well and so did trunks wen king cold tried to hit him with it
Me said:
Trunks grabbed the blade, he didn't block it, Future Android #17 does the same thing in History of Trunks.
~Dark Trunks~ said:
and about trunks grabbing the blade he doesnt grab it he blocks it wit his arm

~Dark Trunks~ said:
just tryin to add a little more realism to esf beacuse as of now in 1.2 his advantage is gone cus he no longer uses his sword (hopefully will change in 1.3) and to me the only reason trunks is underpowered is cus hes slow and doesnt have his sword anymore not to mention burning attack is weak as **** and he has no good beams or nuttin like that but hes the melee character so i guess those really dont matter in this case
This is a pretty contradictory statement. You make the point that Trunks sucks (which I agree on) so that if he gets his 1.1 advantage back, you immediatley want to nerf it. Why? He's not overpowered, it wouldn't really be 'fairer', and realism is a joke, last time I played it, ESF isn't a very realistic game. If the sword is blockable, breakable and counterable, they might as well just take it out of ESF alltogether.

Best answers
ah ok i see i thought u meant about gokuas sword that he caught it. but i have no argument wit u on this one youve proven both points. but i got a question. if his sword is unblockable and if they keep him slow should his sword melee do more daamage then everyones melee to balance that out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom