Swooping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I think that they should have one button swoops like 1.1, and then for faster, more powerful swoops, make them charged, up to about 3 seconds for max speed. Why I say 3 seconds, because thats about the amount of time to make you go only a slight bit faster, not too much to make it from like SSJ Goku to the 2nd form Krillin.

something a little bit faster and a little bit stronger. kind of like kao kin maybe. whatever.

That's how it worked in the show, right?

and a target. i miss the target.

Best answers
Hrm, one button swoops?? I dunno about the idea. When they changed it to two click swoops, I think they did it for a good reason. Therefore I'm not enitrly with that suggestion. With the speed of each char, I don't think it matters, it's all balanced out to promote fun gaming. You also want stronger swoops >_>, well for starters, the ammount of dmg you produce is calculated by the ammount of PL you and your enemy has.

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey guys this in not the 1.3 oficial sugestion here you can post only when open beta it's out and only balance sugestion

Best answers
Okay guzzie, you really didn't get my suggestion.

Its not two click swoops, its was double tap. Now its charge up, I'm pretty sure. Charge up to get fast around the map. That means, everytime you want to swoop, you have to charge up.. I think. I'd just rather have one button swoops. I kind of liked the double tap swooping.. to be honest, but it was kind of unresponsive, and I did a lot better with the straight swoops. And people made a big deal about "script" swooping, which they set their buttons to one button, which is retarded to complain about because of how unresponsive it could be sometimes. And not to mention your fingers getting tired.

Second.. I want a charge up, that's kind of like what it is now. It raises your PL for 10 seconds and rapidly goes down. Same with the speed. It'd only go up like 40 for like 10 seconds, just so you could try and throw your opponet off guard and doing some crazy stuff in that time period.

Just a suggestion though.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's not talk about 1.3 leaked from minion please, perhaps this should wait until the open beta arrives so people know what you're talking about.

Best answers
Hrmmm, Im not intensionally talking about that leak. I havn't even played it. The reason I know a lot is cause Im a Force Pit member and I get to see all the SxC vids. Anyways, don't make suggestion's like those until you've actually played the game. Unless you've played it >_>. Anyhow the only way I can agree to your suggestion is by actually playing 1.3 and seeing if I like the system or not.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that they should have one button swoops like 1.1, and then for faster, more powerful swoops, make them charged, up to about 3 seconds for max speed. Why I say 3 seconds, because thats about the amount of time to make you go only a slight bit faster, not too much to make it from like SSJ Goku to the 2nd form Krillin.

something a little bit faster and a little bit stronger. kind of like kao kin maybe. whatever.

That's how it worked in the show, right?

and a target. i miss the target.
Dude, if it was 1-click swooping, there'd be no more walking or flying. You'd be swooping all the time. Well, most people do that anyway, but they'd be taking out two major movements.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swooping is flying, Dan.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's saying you have a swoop button. You press it, you start your swoop. You press it again, you stop it. I completely agree with that. I also miss the box

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry the double tap thing is already solved pretty much. It just needs some fine tuning.

You'll see what i mean when you play the open beta.

Best answers
Exactly >_< Don't make suggestions to the open BETA unless you've played it. And if you have, it better not be the Leak, cause its all bugged. Just wait till the BETA release.

-GuZzie

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People keep saying it's bugged, but unless everything is different, I think observations carry over, especially when it comes to something as important as swooping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That somehow makes it any more acceptable and not in completely bad form?

The point is that you should have enough respect or whatnot for the team to not go talking all about something you clearly aren't supposed do be talking about. It's one thing to download and play it because you are impatient but its another to go around talking about it on the official forums.

Is it so difficult to not talk about a LEAKED beta? I figure you could be at least nice enough to not talk about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with you up to a point and haven't talked about it because of that, but pretending there isn't an issue just because of where someone found the information doesn't make much sense to me. No one is saying "Dudes, I was playing the thing I'm not supposed to have and whoa. Just whoa. This, this, and this happened, and then blah blah". He at least had the courtesy to pretend his suggestions were based on what he learned from the public documents.

*The problem has been duly recognised, there is no pretending about the past, HOWEVER, you have been asked to refrain from talking about it. It is not a matter open to discussion, It is to be considered a rule, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT,
Failure to adhere to this RULE will result in consequences, dont excercise the patience of the staff, now is not a good time
Cheeseman

Of course, ^ is directed at everyone.

Once the official beta is out, I suppose we can just restate any suggestions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swooping is flying, Dan.
If swooping is flying, then what is swooping? lol. Anyway, there are many sorts of movement in ESF. You have walking - when you move on the ground, and don't waste any ki. Flying - when you move through the air, losing a small amount of ki continuously. Teleporting - instantly crossing a small distance at a greater cost of ki. Jumping - what are you stupid??? And finally swooping - fast movement through the air OR on the ground while your ki is rapidly draining, also it can only be maintained for a few seconds, and you have the aura on. There. Although you probably already know this, I'd like to be more specific about what I'm talking about. So, holding a directional ki after tapping it ONCE makes you fly or walk, depending on if flying is enabled. Swooping requires a double-tap of the directional ki, to seperate it from flying and walking. Which is what won't be the case if this suggestion is implimented into the game. Do you understand now?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about you, but I've never had to walk during a fight. The "flight" controls can be used to make aiming a ki blast or gen ball slightly easier, but does it really play that big of a part? I don't think so. Who's to say there can't be keys specifically for walking or floating around, in much the same fashion that scripters have if they found it necessary? A single key for swoop would eliminate those few milliseconds needed to double tap, and as you know, a few milliseconds is all you need to turn a fight around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One alternative is to make hitting shift + holding down a direction initiate a burst swoop? Kinda of like run. Its already a convention we're familiar with in many other games, and removes the annoyance of one somehow missing a vital double tap at a crucial point and, say, dying as a result.

Charged swooping would remain as its already been planned, but might be faster and allow for you to actually change directions midflight, instead of being restricted to one direction and then bursting to another.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One alternative is to make hitting shift + holding down a direction initiate a burst swoop? Kinda of like run. Its already a convention we're familiar with in many other games, and removes the annoyance of one somehow missing a vital double tap at a crucial point and, say, dying as a result.

Charged swooping would remain as its already been planned, but might be faster and allow for you to actually change directions midflight, instead of being restricted to one direction and then bursting to another.
How about there is already an easier way to go round with this. As said some things would need to be still fixed. But those are small tweaks.More or less the swooping/boosting system is pretty solid at eliminating scripting and making it so that those double tap haters stop nagging XD

Best answers
I says the most coolest swop is from the Minion Leak make it like that easy :)

2 Click to Star Swooping
and 1 to go left , righte . forword and backword :D ( when in swoop )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom