Swooping while shooting

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I suggested this idea a long time ago and Im bringing it back with new ideas and such.

Everyone has seen this in DBZ/Gt. In a fight one of the characters is flying around shooting either ki blasts or generic balls at the other guy. Well I think the ESF should have this in also.

The idea: While swooping around you can not shoot anything out and it makes ESF less fast passed. To keep it fast passed I suggest that while swooping in any direction you should be able to shoot ki blasts out or generic balls. You would not be able to shoot any beams or high powered blasts like Big Bang Ball Attack. This keeps it balanced. I think if the team implied this, the game would become better and more fast passed. Remeber the idea of DBZ is fast battles and with this, there would be no slow down. So C&C?

Best answers
smthng gotta be in!! :p and suggested time ago. i thing it might be in already.. it's just so obiveus thing to have :]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actualy i think it wont get in but who knows ofcourse this would loose the tactics of shooting and sooping since you cant do boath now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could under stand ki blasts. Not generic cuz those can get strong rnough as it is...Cuz I think it's physically a strain for them. Flying at high speed having ki surround you while charging a strong beam and aimming doesn't seem too easy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I could under stand ki blasts. Not generic cuz those can get strong rnough as it is...Cuz I think it's physically a strain for them. Flying at high speed having ki surround you while charging a strong beam and aimming doesn't seem too easy.
No no no no.... In my above post I said NO BEAMS or strong Ball attacks Like Big Bag. When you swoop you could only shoot Ki blasta and only generic balls. No beams. This would keep it fair. Remember. NO BEAMS or STRONG ENERGY BALL ATTACKS.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, and hes saying that you shouldn't be able to shoot generic beams while swooping because they can get very powerful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I think it's a good idea as long as it was just ki blasts and genballs, would make it much more exciting and fast paced :yes:

I'll try and get some pics.

EDIT: Didn't take long...

Please note this is just a ball with the trail still touching Vegeta's hand (he fires it and then the camera instantly cuts to Cell being hit by it). It is not a beam.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Yeah I think it's a good idea as long as it was just ki blasts and genballs, would make it much more exciting and fast paced :yes:

I'll try and get some pics.

EDIT: Didn't take long...

Please note this is just a ball with the trail still touching Vegeta's hand (he fires it and then the camera instantly cuts to Cell being hit by it). It is not a beam.
Thank you so much Raven. And as I stated before no beams at all nor powerful ball attacks like Big Bang.

Best answers
yes.. and that pic. proves that it's in tehh serie.. so it gotta be ingame <_<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hamppu said:
yes.. and that pic. proves that it's in tehh serie.. so it gotta be ingame <_<
Well just cause its in the series dosent mean that it will be ingame -_-

anyhow its all up to the team

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if they didn't do it in the series i'd really like this idea to be in for one reason:

Since 1.2 was released the 1.1 players have been complaining that the speed and pace have been killed due to the reduced swoop speeds and removal of 3+ hit combos. Well currently when two players are swooping about trying to land a hit on each other that's all they're doing, slower than in 1.1.

Well with this you wouldn't be swooping about trying to land a hit on each other, you'd be swooping about shooting-and-blasting-at-each-other-and-trying-to-dodge-incoming-fire whilst trying to land a hit on each other. It would make it better in terms of speed, pace and tactical thinking.

Plus you could get big combos by swoop-blast-punch-swoop-blast-punch replacing the standard 2-hit basic melee combo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just thought of something also that came from Budokai: tenkaichi. In the videos you see goku throwing his enemies around then shooting then with ki blasts. Well I would love to see ESF implie this. Say after you combo the crap out of your enemy and he is knocked away your attack goes staright to Ki blasts instead of scrolling through all the attacks. This means you could start to blast your foe instantly or choose not to.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Even if they didn't do it in the series i'd really like this idea to be in for one reason:

Since 1.2 was released the 1.1 players have been complaining that the speed and pace have been killed due to the reduced swoop speeds and removal of 3+ hit combos. Well currently when two players are swooping about trying to land a hit on each other that's all they're doing, slower than in 1.1.

Well with this you wouldn't be swooping about trying to land a hit on each other, you'd be swooping about shooting-and-blasting-at-each-other-and-trying-to-dodge-incoming-fire whilst trying to land a hit on each other. It would make it better in terms of speed, pace and tactical thinking.

Plus you could get big combos by swoop-blast-punch-swoop-blast-punch replacing the standard 2-hit basic melee combo.
uh... this wouldn't do anything at all to get someone interested in 1.2 again. Yeah, you add in shooting kiblasts while swooping. Woop dee doo. Ki blasts do what, 3 damage? That doesn't add in gameplay and doesn't add in excitement, especially from the viewpoint of a 1.1 player. If the team really wanted to get people from 1.1 interested in 1.2 again (which, it doesn't look like they're going to do from my angle), they'd speed up the swoop again, decrease the ki cost of the swoop, take out the god damn useless teleport delay (oh how i hate the teleport delay) and make the knockback distance atleast half of what it was in 1.1. Enough of my little rant though, i'm sure none of you want to hear it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My point is that it would increase the pace of the game, which was lowered in 1.1. Not that it would make the game itself like 1.1.

And ki blasts do what, 3 damage? As anyone but Vegeta you can fire 2-4 a second depending on which mode of fire you use. You can probably fire about 2 blasts in between hits of a basic melee combo. I'd notice the 6 extra damage per combo.

I agree about the swoop cost and the tele delay. I don't really mind about the lowered speed seeing as the new ascensions will bring it up again in 1.3. Also i'd like it if the swoop didn't stop after a while for no apparent reason.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
My point is that it would increase the pace of the game, which was lowered in 1.1. Not that it would make the game itself like 1.1.

And ki blasts do what, 3 damage? As anyone but Vegeta you can fire 2-4 a second depending on which mode of fire you use. You can probably fire about 2 blasts in between hits of a basic melee combo. I'd notice the 6 extra damage per combo.
Exactly. It would speed up the pace of the game and you get those extra hits in which is always a nice thing. All it does is give it that DBZ feel to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if it ist ki blast only, I woudnl't mind, cuz generics can get pretty strong..

The main point behind this would make melee fights more true to the show, isntead of swooping around each other trying to kock a person backa couple of times...even though I do it, it doesn't give me the dbz feel sometimes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Well if it ist ki blast only, I woudnl't mind, cuz generics can get pretty strong..

The main point behind this would make melee fights more true to the show, isntead of swooping around each other trying to kock a person backa couple of times...even though I do it, it doesn't give me the dbz feel sometimes.
Well maybe there could be a little tweak with this. With Ki blasts it does normal damage but with generic balls it has a fixed damage of 10. Mind you you can fire ki blasts alot faster then the generic balls.

Best answers
i dont think it should have fixed damage, because it will be harder to aim unless you are going forwards/backwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom