Swooping while shooting

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um. You think you'll get that extra hit it, well erm. You know there is a nifty little button most people don't know about called the "Q" or "block" button. It's funny how it works you see; if you press it before a generic beam/ball or ki blasts hit you, you deflect them. Yes I know it's revolutionary.

I don't see how it will add to the fast pacedness everyone wants in the game.

And if you WANT, you could always just press f right after you swoop charge a beam or shoot some blasts and then swoop again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Um. You think you'll get that extra hit it, well erm. You know there is a nifty little button most people don't know about called the "Q" or "block" button. It's funny how it works you see; if you press it before a generic beam/ball or ki blasts hit you, you deflect them. Yes I know it's revolutionary.

I don't see how it will add to the fast pacedness everyone wants in the game.

And if you WANT, you could always just press f right after you swoop charge a beam or shoot some blasts and then swoop again.
But in a swoop battle most people don't hit that button and you can't block and swoop at the same time. Also swooping and shooting at the same time can surprise enemies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firing while swooping backwards automatically cant be included. A faster character could constantly swoop backwards and blast anybody that tries to swoop into them.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been thinking a bit wouldnt this make melee usseless o_O

why take the chance and get close to someone where he can hurt you when you can just shoot him while swooping. With this in i see more people starting to comeplain about melee getting .. well .. not usedand thus i see more good people leavingpeople who dont know how to play good wouldnt get near the enemy cause they know he can hit them. So i see a fly twards while shooting blasts and a retreat just to repeat it again.

Besides it would just waste your ki cause you cant hit anything swooping with a kiblast unless oyu are luckey or he is swooping at you

Best answers
umm you should be able to transform into ssj while swooping ( vegita did that at the same atack ) in perfect trans ... and in perfect trans you should be able to trans while doing anithyng ... walking, swooping .... not just trans on the spot ....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mist said:
umm you should be able to transform into ssj while swooping ( vegita did that at the same atack ) in perfect trans ... and in perfect trans you should be able to trans while doing anithyng ... walking, swooping .... not just trans on the spot ....
that is something is suport to 100% ofcourse only when perfect transformation is reached

Best answers
Sub said:
That doesn't add in gameplay and doesn't add in excitement, especially from the viewpoint of a 1.1 player.
Well it's not very exciting to spam teleport to dodge AND attack. YAWN! :tired:

At least this idea contains strategy, skill, and relevance. I might agree on the swoop idea... if I actually needed the extra ki. And if the only opening for an attack is created by a tired telespam finger, then I'd consider it a downgrade. Then again, I guess scripts were created for a good reason.

o_o <--- 1.1 player

Anyway, I've been able to use kiblasts and genbeams during advancement or retreat in basic melee. You just need to be good with the F key and swooping. It might not have the same feeling, but at least it can be done. =/

BTW, it gives a better advantage depending on your PL. Kiblasts and genbeams can be really powerful if there's that big of a difference, though it's kind of cheap.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, so mutch suggestions made for good purpishes and non of them are in, wy suggest when it doesn't get in anyway?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
heh, so mutch suggestions made for good purpishes and non of them are in, wy suggest when it doesn't get in anyway?
Well thats not true. Actually alot of suggestions get in. Mind you 1.3 isn't going to be coming out for a while so the team still has plenty of time to put it in or not. The team works hard so give them some credit where credit is due.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
its an old idea , but i like it alot lol. Not being able to fire some kind of ki blast or generic ball while swooping does slow the game down a bit. I think it adds alot of skill to the game because it can hard trying to hit someone with a ki blast at swoop speeds. Right now its more or less sneaking in a ki blast while the enemy is stunned.

Best answers
Um...Do you know how old this thread is...? And yeah, it's a good idea, but I think DJ-Ready gave a reason a long time ago for why it couldn't be implented into 1.3.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Um...Do you know how old this thread is...? And yeah, it's a good idea, but I think DJ-Ready gave a reason a long time ago for why it couldn't be implented into 1.3.
ahh, i hear ya. Didn't know there was a reason why it could'nt go in.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread closed. Please be mindful of the date at which the last post ocurred when looking at old threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom