swoop

Best answers
I thought a few things for the swoop.

-the swoop ends only when you stop or when you ki is out, no in few seconds after activate it.
-throw kiblast and generic ball while swooping, to attack the players in front of you, or the one who is triying to get you from back to defend.
(the ki blast with the right button should be like the left button but faster, i mean, they should go in a rect line)

sorry for my english if a wrote something bad :p

well, what do you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both are good ideas that i'd like to see implemented, although they were both suggested not too long ago. I think firing while swooping should be limited to just ki blasts, as genballs can get fairly strong when fully charged.

Best answers
oh, i didnt knew, i was looking if the same idea was sugested but nothing found :p

Best answers
I love the first idea. It is REALLY ANNOYING as you have to keep on double tapping every few seconds after the swoop ends. As for the second idea, don't you think it will kinda look WIERD? While swooping and firing, the beam is going to look like erm, " a wire attached to your finger while you are swooping around with the wire connected to your hand".

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the first idea sucks, that would make it even easier for stupid runners
2nd indea has been suggested 1000000 times already and is most likely NOT even possible. as far as i know, kiblasts move already with the max speed for a projectile and what would be the point in shooting stuff thats only as fast as yourself? :p
even if it were possible, it would be a kiblast massacre only.

Best answers
I personally think its a good idea.

Offtopic: DJ-Ready, how come in every topic, you say peoples ideas are bad, I mean for instance, in my Shield topic you said that the shield should stay the way it is, the only reason you want that is because your always being stupid Cell, and so you can kill them in the shield, and here, your basically doing the same thing, and why is there even a Suggestions section, people from the ESF Team including you, just come in here and say that everyone's ideas are bad.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
that depends on the point of view, some char have more speed than others, and i think its more easy in this way than double taping every time, like DracoHeart said

DJ-Ready said:
2nd indea has been suggested 1000000 times already and is most likely NOT even possible. as far as i know, kiblasts move already with the max speed for a projectile and what would be the point in shooting stuff thats only as fast as yourself? :p
well, even in swoop kiblast have more speed than any char, i didnt se anyone fire a kiblast and go faster than the kiblast itself, i wrote the kiblast idea because it think they would give more use to the kiblast, they are the wakest attack of the chars, and theyr cost is low, why dont combine with the swoop? the players could shoot wile swooping, more strategis on fight, but the ki would run fast too, thas the thing the have to consider before using that combination. The power is nothing if you dont know how to use it, thats the point.

Best answers
I like the first idea. (don't really care much about the second) I'm going to have to get a new keyboard because i usually only use melee and i have to swoop forwards and now sometimes i can't swoop because my up key is messed up from being pressed so many times.(and i dont want to change the controls it would mess me up) So sometimes I'll swoop towards some one and right before i get to them the swooping stops and i try it again and sometimes it wont work and they attack me. I need a new keyboard anyways but i like the idea so then my new one won't break. And no one better say "so don't press the key so hard" because you have to press it fast like up up. (maybe i can change it to swoop forwards for just one up I'll look and see)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
even if it were possible, it would be a kiblast massacre only.
well...the point would be that you could bomb a kamehameha charger on the ground

and the first idea isnt so bad, i mean it is annoying that the swoop stops after a few seconds, even if you can chain swoop which takes alot more ki...
I agree with ravendust, the shooting swoop idea should only use ki blasts...but i agree with both ideas

Best answers
Sicron said:
and the first idea isnt so bad, i mean it is annoying that the swoop stops after a few seconds, even if you can chain swoop which takes alot more ki...
Ya I guess that's true, especially now when you constantly have to double tap just to get moving (unlike just clicking a mouse button ala 1.1). The first idea isn't bad, as long as there is put thought in it to get it to work properly. Like DJ said, there are enough runners, this might only make it more annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the shoot behind you while swooping idea. have the kiblasts arc like they do when your double kiblasting and its not like it would be cheap, seeing how you cant look behind you.
Mccdbz5 said:
Offtopic: DJ-Ready, how come in every topic, you say peoples ideas are bad, I mean for instance, in my Shield topic you said that the shield should stay the way it is, the only reason you want that is because your always being stupid Cell, and so you can kill them in the shield, and here, your basically doing the same thing, and why is there even a Suggestions section, people from the ESF Team including you, just come in here and say that everyone's ideas are bad.
Matter of opinion.. DJ-Ready isn't all negative... He likes alot of ideas in here. I could name a few.
and it isnt right calling somone on their opinions. If he doesnt like any ideas it isnt effecting you.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i stick with DJ -_-

The first idea is to good for runners and the second one would be very anoying on the servers.

Imagine you flying twards someone and he just swoops back kiblasting you. all he has to do is swoop back and kiblat. if you cant get close to him you cant melee him. So all thats left is for you to fire kiblasts back.

And the result would be a kiblast only server -_- (or something like that)

Best answers
well... but you forgot something... as they do that the ki goes out fast, and as i said, every char has his oun speed :)

RavenTrunks said:
have the kiblasts arc like they do when your double kiblasting and its not like it would be cheap, seeing how you cant look behind you.
you can look if you are swooping backward, but you cant look forward too
:laff:

Best answers
you can limit the shooting_kiblasts to swooping forward only, that way, it can't be completely spammed I guess. Either way, this isn't anything groundbreaking that will dramatically change gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Zio] said:
well... but you forgot something... as they do that the ki goes out fast, and as i said, every char has his oun speed :)

you can look if you are swooping backward, but you cant look forward too
:laff:
i meaning this can only be done if you swoop forward. but aslow blast like 1 for every 1.5 seconds would be fine. maybe something along those lines.

Best answers
then how about my good idea posted about 3 times in teh sugestions

BLOCK WHILE SWOOPING

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
unlike most of you, i keep gamebalancing in mind when i say i like or i dislike an idea and if you say that i dislike all ideas here youre simply wrong.
this swoop idea would suck because it would just be too easy to run away then, and it IS already quite annoying with the current swoop if someone is constantly running away from a fight.
and if you could shoot kiblasts during swoop, it would be way to easy to kill ppl AND kiblasts would fly around everywhere.

@Mccdbz5 the same goes to your shield idea, its unbalanced. shield is NOT ment to make you completely unvulerable but thats a different topic.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1st idea - Thumbs up :yes:
2nd idea - only kilbasts and swooping forward, ok. And maybe a limit, like you can shoot 3 kiblasts every x.x seconds.

| OFFTOPIC |
Hey, Mccdbz, if you think on the topic where DJ said that the shield shouldn't be totally protectable against discs, then I agree with DJ.
Shield shouldn't protect u againt everything.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
this swoop idea would suck because it would just be too easy to run away then, and it IS already quite annoying with the current swoop if someone is constantly running away from a fight.
and if you could shoot kiblasts during swoop, it would be way to easy to kill ppl AND kiblasts would fly around everywhere.
Well, the swoop idea could both be useful as annoying. However, you can make it so that any extra swooping after the default swoop will cost more ki (like 2x, or maybe exponential). As for the kiblasts, you can only fire a kiblast every second and this will cost more ki than a normal kiblast.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
@Mccdbz5 the same goes to your shield idea, its unbalanced. shield is NOT ment to make you completely unvulerable but thats a different topic.
I said there should also be a timelimit for how long you can use it so you wouldn't be completley invulerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom