Swoop Strugler

Best answers
well my idea is like this : when someone fires at u a beam or a ki ball u go and swoop to it and then a strungler meter apears, if u win you will go in melee if your oponent wins the u will lose 50% hp and send back a couple of meters!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No.

Realtime > meter-bull****. I like being able to shoot a gen ball at someone while they're swooping like morons in straight lines towards me and knocking them out of the air.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well my idea is like this : when someone fires at u a beam or a ki ball u go and swoop to it and then a strungler meter apears, if u win you will go in melee if your oponent wins the u will lose 50% hp and send back a couple of meters!
this it's like Frieza vs beam in Frieze saga but one problem Frieza had some sort of a shild and if he did not have that shild he will die by the blast, if that hapend in esf you will die instantly

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Im wiht Zeo on thisone.

Someone swooping nd hit directly should drop out of swoop. Not struggle it.

So i suggest a mid way out.

If you swoop and hold block you swat away anything not strong enough to start a struggle. If its strong enough to struggle you stop the swoop and enter a block struggle.

Also you can only do one action. Either bloch or hold mouse 2 for simple melee. so holding both is not an option.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Im wiht Zeo on thisone.

Someone swooping nd hit directly should drop out of swoop. Not struggle it.

So i suggest a mid way out.

If you swoop and hold block you swat away anything not strong enough to start a struggle. If its strong enough to struggle you stop the swoop and enter a block struggle.

Also you can only do one action. Either bloch or hold mouse 2 for simple melee. so holding both is not an option.
I agree with this one, that's a good middle-ground I think =)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's extremely spammable.

Every time someone tries to blast you, you can just swoop into the beam.

Imagine every attempt of beam killing triggers automatic struggle.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i think u like to play with noobs!:D a good player will not come at u like a crazy dog!
I think you should rephrase your comment, especially talking to someone that is actually pro at the game, and in this case, Zeonix.

It's not a pro's fault that someone can't play the game that well after all or isn't very aware of what happens or what they are open to being attacked if they do this, that etc. Someone could easily just explode the beam in front of you if it were a beam, making your idea kinda pointless.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i think u like to play with noobs!:D a good player will not come at u like a crazy dog!
After playing with just about everyone, I'll tell you that even pros make that mistake when they're feeling overwhelmed. I know this because even I did it once or twice.

Grega's idea sounds good on paper, but then you have to pretend it's ingame. I'll tell you right now that if I shot a ball and someone began to struggle, I'd swoop right up to the person and wait until they knock it away. Then I'd set them up for a 3 hit combo followed by ki blasts or a gen beam. Or I would just wait behind them and shoot ki blasts at them. They're only invulnerable while struggling, so as soon as they shoot the ball away, they'd blow the blob up.

Gotta see this from every angle.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
After playing with just about everyone, I'll tell you that even pros make that mistake when they're feeling overwhelmed. I know this because even I did it once or twice.

Grega's idea sounds good on paper, but then you have to pretend it's ingame. I'll tell you right now that if I shot a ball and someone began to struggle, I'd swoop right up to the person and wait until they knock it away. Then I'd set them up for a 3 hit combo followed by ki blasts or a gen beam. Or I would just wait behind them and shoot ki blasts at them. They're only invulnerable while struggling, so as soon as they shoot the ball away, they'd blow the blob up.

Gotta see this from every angle.
Note to you. I said you enter a struggle only if the KI attack is strong enough to make you struggle normaly. If the attack isnt strong enough you deflect it the same as with normal block (maby it should go more backwards than directly deflecting it forward since you are swooping) but you only enter a block struggle if the attack is actualy strong enough.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then that's completely pointless in having because who struggles a gen ball ever? That's very rare.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then that's completely pointless in having because who struggles a gen ball ever? That's very rare.
Genballs arnt the only KI attacks >.>

Besides youd still have to be holding block and not holding mouse 2 for it to work. If youd hold both mouse 2 would have priority and block wouldnt work. So youd have to let go of mouse 2.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My point is, again, if you stop to struggle, you're going to get screwed. Being able to knock things away while swooping makes shooting anything at anyone while they're swooping pointless, because fights aren't usually completely lopsided in favor of one person's pl when you're in a match unless you're fighting someone who never had a chance. If that is the case, your idea only benefits you and hurts your opponent even more.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My point is, again, if you stop to struggle, you're going to get screwed. Being able to knock things away while swooping makes shooting anything at anyone while they're swooping pointless, because fights aren't usually completely lopsided in favor of one person's pl when you're in a match unless you're fighting someone who never had a chance. If that is the case, your idea only benefits you and hurts your opponent even more.

I have feeling we have a missunderstanding here.

You dont automaticly block attacks while swooping. You have to hold the block button and not hold mouse2. So its purely your choice if you want to block.

If you decide to block you behave as if you wernt swooping. So where is the dissadvantage in that?

And it doesnt make kiblasts/genballs obsolite since if you want to block one you have to turn off your ofense.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
In your scenario, when you're swooping and holding block, and someone fires something at you and it isnt all that strong, do you stop and knock it away or do that while you're swooping?

If you do stop in the air, wouldn't it just be easier and more effective to swoop and drift while holding block, allowing to you cover a lot of ground and automatically go offensive when nearing your opponent or to just avoid moving linearly altogether?

Offensive and defensive fighting aren't gears in a car that you have to switch on and off. It's a smooth transition. No one is going to swoop at someone with the intention of blocking, just so they can stop in mid-air and have a good chance of being hit by someone tele-swooping towards you. If you don't stop while blocking in the air, you can keep swooping forward, drift, switch to mouse 2 and continue flying.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
In your scenario, when you're swooping and holding block, and someone fires something at you and it isnt all that strong, do you stop and knock it away or do that while you're swooping?
Ahh so that was the missunderstanding. You dont stop swooping unless the attack is strong enough to actualy start a struggle. If you swat it away you do it mid-swoop.

Basicly the not beeing able to do both attack and block at the same time prevents people to bind both to 1 button or just holding both.

Its like this if you see a genball comming at you you quickly let go of mouse 2 and press block. After you deflect te ball you press mouse 2 again without stopping in the process.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And thats why I said it weakens things like gen balls and ki blasts. The perfect time to hit someone with them is when they are traveling linearly. If that person is coming right at you holding block, you're going to have to try to hit his side with a beam. That makes it no longer worth using. Ki blasts and gen beams would mostly be effective after a simple melee combo or when your gen beam is powerful enough to have a fairly large blast radius so you can detonate it every chance you get.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And thats why I said it weakens things like gen balls and ki blasts. The perfect time to hit someone with them is when they are traveling linearly. If that person is coming right at you holding block, you're going to have to try to hit his side with a beam. That makes it no longer worth using. Ki blasts and gen beams would mostly be effective after a simple melee combo or when your gen beam is powerful enough to have a fairly large blast radius so you can detonate it every chance you get.
But if hes holding block that means you can directly hit him with melee and he will not initiate prepunch or anything like that. Holding block disables melee.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats true if you're 10 feet away from him while firing a beam, which is hardly ever the case unless you feel like taking some self-inflicted damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom