Swoop Jump Remove.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your not sure what i mean by "Swoop jump", Ill explain it.

OK you know when you swoop in the air then cancel it and press fly you freefall at the speed of swoop, then right as you hit the ground you jump, keeping that speed till you hit a wall or end up on the other side.

My suggestion is to remove this idea. Its an exploit that should be removed. nothing more annoying than to see somone jumping at swooping speeds charging a Kamehameha... The reason why you move slower when you charge it in the first place is so you cant be moving like this during a beam charge...

So what do you guys think?

If anyone objects post a reasonable reason why it shouldnt be taken out. dont just object because your one of the guys who exploit this flaw...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not an exploit. Its perfectly viable. They tuned this down since 1.1, I found it harder to do the swoop jump.

First of all: You cant auctally attack anyone when they are swooping.
Second: its easly avoidable if they do attack you because they have no grip on the air, so its just simple to strafe asside.
Third: its a ki-free non-agressive away to move across the map, and its pretty much the equivlant of glideing.
4th: The game lacks enough faster ways to move across the map without ki drain.
5th: its a way to RUN AWAY, not attack. If you just keep persueing the enemy you will get to them. I have seen many people run with this and I just keep following them until they get tired of jumping.
6th: your speed will eventually GET DOWN. I have used this enough that I have seen the speed move down in about 4 to 6 jumps then it becomes normal speed.

And this is a sub reason, but if they make shure you cant do this it will remove the ability of droping to avoid an attack. They will also remove the ability to turn on turbo and start jumping around the map, which is the equivlant of the same speed. Turbo on, jump, turbo off,....., jump speed-1,.....,jump speed -2,.....(keep repeating until),jump speed -6(normal speed).
Shurely you can chase a person useing your radar. I have chased plenty of people WITH KRILLIN no doubt. You are just lazy if you don't want to expend effort into the game.

I dont see a way this could be removed without makeing the characters appear jumpy. Haveing the engine question your every move is not a good way to have everything smooth out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK doing this AND charging a beam is an exploit. you slow down charing for a reason, it wouldnt be bad if noone charged while doing this...

2 easy ways to fix this.

1: when free falling once touch the ground you make a dead stop so when you jump you wont be going forward at that speed only the sped you go forward when pressing a direction (walking i guess)

2: when moving fast across "swoop jumping" once a beam is charged your speed drops to the crawling speed its meant to be while charging.

Id like a member of the team to actually tell me that charging and jumping like that is not an exploit.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
1: when free falling once touch the ground you make a dead stop so when you jump you wont be going forward at that speed only the sped you go forward when pressing a direction (walking i guess)

2: when moving fast across "swoop jumping" once a beam is charged your speed drops to the crawling speed its meant to be while charging.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!for number 1:
ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the kinda "JUMPY MOVEMENT" I was talking about. That has got to be one of the worst ideas I have seen to fix it that I have though about in these past few minutes. There is NO WAY taht placeing a player in a complete stop is going to fix anything. Doing so would create just the worst physics I have ever seen.
This is the only mod for HL1 that I auctally use gravity to attack, dont take away the fact that I could keep moveing just cause you can't.

As for number 2:
your speed already slows down. When you hit the ground you have to specify a direction with your mouse and your keyboard on which direction you want to change yourself as. It slows you down tremendousally when you want to charge things such as kameha.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I fail to see how its an exploit. If they took out everything people view as an exploit, we wouldn't be allowed to do anything at all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT's just a cusomization of a long jump, like I remember seeing a vegeta player (I think that gohan guy) long jumping across ESf_city and it acutally looked really cool.

WOudln't it be hard for them to aim while moving so fast? And since they stop so sudenly, it's kidna easy to know what's gonna happen.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont really see it as much of a problem if theyre charging a beam why are you gonna stay on their tale when you can simple teleport near them when they shoot therefore they dont do anything when they exploit this except leave themselves open

well unless of course if they beam jump away...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
OKie, I agree with KWS

It's not really an exploit, it's just a ki conserving way to travel across the map, weird momentum = fun. Pretty simple to kill someone, as long as you have patience.

Bold text is fun.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh cmon. People are complaining about every little thing now. Its getting ridiculous.

The "swoop jump" is the best way to move around the map quickly without using any ki. Its good for scouting, its good for beam spamming (this is why you're complaining), its good for both offensive and defensive manuevers, and its just plain fun. Its bad enough that its a lot harder to do in 1.2 than in 1.1. Theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to get rid of the swoop jump.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
its good for beam spamming (this is why you're complaining)
I do this all the time, which is why i figured its not right. though its easy i just say that u cand "Swoop jump" while charging. some are saying its a way of moving without much ki but what about the charging while jumping like that? im just saying leave swoop jump in but stop it once u charge a powerfull beam...

I mean You stop completly hen doing a big bang right? why? because its so strong, u can beamjump, or "Swoop jump" then charge one flying aross the level while charing a big bang, it gets rid of the weakpoint of charging ing the first place, the vulnerability point of charging it.

So im not saying to remove "swoop jump" im just saying stop it when charging a strong attack. I should have named it something adding "while charging"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or how about when you start to charge strong attacks you just stop moving?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Big Bang is stationary because thats how it was in dbz. Then again, if you swoop, press fly, and charge a big bang, its almost the same thing as jumping around with a kame.

I miss being able to drop when shooting beams and stuff. I dont think it's necessary to make all strong beam attacks stationary just because a few people realized how awesome the swoop jump is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swoop jump is a necessity in ESF. Without it the movement system wouldn't be as smooth and fluid as it is now. As for charging beams while you're doing it, I don't think it's a big problem. You're not going fast enough to avoid getting nailed by someone who knows how to get to you. Now, charging a beam while turbo beamjumping on the other hand... that's a problem. The best way to fix this would be to make the player either slow down or stop when charging a bigger beam. I do it all the time with generic beams, and I think that without that ability, they wouldn't be half as useful as they are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom