Swoop Fx suggestion

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that this has been suggested before, but since no one really saw it ingame I wanted to demonstrate it with this video. A fov change and speed lines in straight swoop. Even though i did this for ecx I encountered some problems with the smoothness I could only achieve by putting this thing into the client.dll so here goes my suggestion and I hope some of you might share my opinion on this. I mean it would be easy to put in variable for it to turn it on/off. And the code itself @harsens it's pretty simple really could be done in 15min.

Click here to watch

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I thought of that a couple of weeks ago already and I still like the idea :)
Though the time needed to adjust the FOV could be tweaked .. it seems a bit slow in your video.
good idea anyway

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks really nice, its something what has been missing , though you may will have reallife problems because of it later xD

(you will try to run and suddenly zoom with your eyes and you think you run with the speed of ligth) lol

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I realy like it as it is right now no need for swoop FX it;s beter this way hey who knows maybe whit the fx script you could do that

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Love the efect. But didnt Joe make it possible to add such efects with the FX script.

In any case I WANT IT :p

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fixed the link, should work again now

Best answers
up's and down's

i like to think positive toward's idea's.

it will take people a while to get used to, seeing that sudden zoom could hurt,
but at the same time it gives a better feel to a swoop.

it will also take a while for your aim to adjust to the new setting.

this setting can already be changed in esf. but it would be permanent, and wouldnt give that zoom in effect, it would be like zoomed in constant and is pretty darn wierd :S >)

it would make things better but i personally think it would degrade skill..
but hey, people are getting more skillful everyday, so what the hell, they will get used to it like all of us. >0

now for the downside, 20 year's later you cant see as well as you used to, becuase you have this zoom in effect on a lady's hmm parts ^^. lol >)

this idea would be great if used on the esf 1.3 open beta , super long swoop i think that would rule >)

Best answers
looks cool, but...who tf is that guy and that green hud????...will this affect the fps of the game in an old computer or will this be an option "enable" or "disable"??

Best answers
looks cool, but...who tf is that guy and that green hud????...will this affect the fps of the game in an old computer or will this be an option "enable" or "disable"??
That guy is Pikkon, you see him in the dragonball Z Series.
he fight's Goku in the other world tournament after the cell games.

what you saw in the video was ESF ECX,

evolution class extension's ( i think thats it >.<)

as for the fps, also whether it will work on an old computer....

there is only one way to find out >.<

Best answers
Jajajja, thks now i remember, the movie "fusion" in spanish :p well, i wait for the fiules for the 1.3 ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
hmmm I like it alot, but one thing.

The zoom thing "zooms in" too far, and would give me a headache after a couple minutes. If it zoomed in just slightly, and still had that wind effect it would look really nice.

Best answers
Awesomeness!!! Cool video. I definatly want this implemented in 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it an option and I'm all for it. I personally wouldn't like to fight like this at all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom