swoop burn

Best answers
after playing on a map which had glass enclosers( buildings with glass windows) i thought that if there was a vary small amount of damage that was applyed when vary close to a swooping player it would be vary easy to say swoop through a window and have it break apart as you hit it. just have the damage be so small that its almost useless as a means of damaging another player but effective for going through weak obsticles like glass or trees in some cases

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm would actually be nice, but I dont know if you can set the health of objects such as breakable walls and glass, because it would look rather stupid if you suddenly flew trough a wall.

And would this work on contact of an object/glass or would it more be...if your close enough (would be nice, that if you just fly past the glass would break as in the matrix where neo flew to trinity but without the weird effects around it...just glass breaking :p).

Best answers
yah. Sicron speaks a word there, that is a nice idea :p

Best answers
Sounds good to me =) although in Dragonball Z they did actully throw people through buildings...There could be throwable throgh buildings I guess

Best answers
Not buildings, that would require too much modeling, and programming and coding. Windows and possibly trees would be awesome though.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Having breakable windows can be done without causing too much lag, and would look quite nice... Now having breakable buildings, terrain, and other things global, would look horrible, cause termendous lag, and require way too much coding, and modelling. So no, breakable buildings, terrains, and other stuff besides windows, trees, or other small objects is out of the question for this type of engine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a good idea to me, I think it would be cool to throw someone through a wall, or to chase someone through a window and have them take damage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually breakable objects in Half Life do in fact have Hit Points

also, i like this idea, but only if thrown into a breakable object

Best answers
I don't think the swoop should inflict damage on anyone, but flying through windows=good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe not destroy entire buildings, but small walls would be able without too much lag. Even HL1 has such small breakable stuff without causing lag, so do other mods (such as DOD on dod_charlie) have small breakable walls and they don't cause any lag.

Best answers
well to have small cars etc like on the city map and you can throw them into those would be nice but, breakable buildings? wouldnt think that's possible in HL1 probably possible in HL2 but would still cause HELLA LAG. i like the idea but we need to think on the side of lag and if it can be exploited.

Best answers
I like teh idea...I dont know what else to say, but i like it.

Best answers
no...
bad idear.. maybe its looking cool or what ever... but it dont burn anything at all... goku touch a tree while his aura wason and the tree didnt burn.. and vegeta swoop through a window once i mean i have seen.. and it wasnt the aura it was him self smashing the window... it also seems more logical...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you even read his post, he never even talked about anything burning, just breaking. I don't know why the thread title is called swoop burn but he just means the glass and stuff will break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom