Swoop and Teleport bugs

Best answers
I don't know if this goes here. It's a bug, but it's a patch bug, so... If it doesn't fit here, feel free to move it where it should be.

I speak spanish, so don't get horrorized with my english :p.

Well, i installed several add-ons for ESF. I installed evolutionX, ECX RC1 and ECX RC2. I'm having the most annoying problem... I installed all (half life, ESF and patches) two times. The first time i installed first RC2 and then RC1, because i found people saying that that's the way it should be done. Great. Doing so, teleport doesn't work when i'm playing on my own LAN server but does work when i'm playing on online servers. I noticed that the evolutionX patch adds a "swoop booster" key wich worked perfectly while playing on my LAN server but didn't work at all when playing on an online server. Since this key isn't on the unpatched ESF and the online servers i found where unpatched too, i guess it's expectable for this key not to work. I just couldn't understand why teleport didn't work. Ok. Second try. This time, i found someone else saying that many people says that RC2 should be installed first but they are wrong. Fine. I installed first RC1 and then RC2. Now it all remains the same BUT. BUT. I CAN use teleport when playing on my own LAN server but the "swoop booster" key doesn't work at all... I like teleporting. I like the "swoop boster" key idea. Anyone knows if there is a way to have both features functional?

Thanks in advance!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
People saying to install RC2 first, then RC1 is completely wrong. RC = Release Candidate, and the number stands for which version. Usually, it's very obvious to get the numbers in the correct order (1, 2) or get the complete version that includes the first ones. In any case, I do have to ask you if you are using Steam and a legal / valid copy of Half-Life and your installation path, so we can determine what may have caused the issue.

Best answers
I guess i'm not using a legal copy of the game, since I downloaded a torrent wich had HL, ESF and a bunch of patches. This HL version is non-steam. Surely it's not an original HL copy. I'm pretty sure that I installed the patches where i was supposed to (took a bit of work to figure it out, though). My installation path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Half-Life (I'm on Vista). I installed evolutionx, evolutionx patch, Modelpack 1.0, ECX RC1 and ECX RC2 in that order in that folder and then I installed NewClass and Big Pack 8.4 in that order in C:\Program Files (x86)\Half-Life\ESF. I also tryed installing only HL and ESF with no patches, but if i do so, there's no "swoop booster" key at all (i doesn't even appear in the controls configuration tab). May be i should try another torrent... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PD: Swoop = Dash, right?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swoop = swoop.

And about the HL thing. Its not STEAM or Non-STEAM its piracy or not piracy. And piracy we dont support on the foum ^^

Meaning any bugs are yours alone to deal with.

Besides 1.3 wont even work without STEAM ^^

Best answers
Hhhmmmm... what a shame... I had HL at some point of my life, but it was a long time ago... I'm not buying it again. Well, thanks anyway. I'll try to fix it myself. Au revoir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom