Switch Class Question

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
When you switch character class does your pl restart like in the current alpha?

Best answers
i sure as hell hope not....but iunno....o_o

Best answers
Yes it does. For good reasons. If you start out as Buu he has 1.5 mil pl. Then switch to gohan. that would be unfair casue Gohan starts with a pl below 800,000... But the getting your char back up to higher pl's with everyone else really doesn't take long. Since the more powerful a guy is to you means your pl will go up higher and fast if you hit him.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well now that you put it that way it does make sense. Thanks.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Accually, no. Before when you changed characters you kept 3/4ths of your PL, but that caused problems... For example, if you were buu with a pl of 1,500,000 pl, and then you switched to gohan, his starting pl would end up over 1 million, so he could go ssj within the first 10 seconds of the game...
We fixed that by using the ratio between the Starting pl of your previous + current char, and then multipliying it by the correct number. Seems to work :)
Now, lets say your powerlevel is 1,500,000 as goku( after playing for awhile ), and you change to buu. Buus starting powerlevel is twice of that of gokus starting powerlevel, so it should times gokus powerlevel by 2 and get 3,000,000. Fortunetly, thats not possible. You will never gain pl on a character switch, it will force you to loose atlease 3/4ths of your KI. If your PL is lower then the character start PL after the switch, it will automatically up it to the character start PL.
And to top things off, when you click on C ( Character select ), the VGUI menu pops up without killing you. Now you wont loose all of your pl by accidently pressing a button on your keyboard :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Accually, no. Before when you changed characters you kept 3/4ths of your PL, but that caused problems... For example, if you were buu with a pl of 1,500,000 pl, and then you switched to gohan, his starting pl would end up over 1 million, so he could go ssj within the first 10 seconds of the game...
We fixed that by using the ratio between the Starting pl of your previous + current char, and then multipliying it by the correct number. Seems to work :)
Now, lets say your powerlevel is 1,500,000 as goku( after playing for awhile ), and you change to buu. Buus starting powerlevel is twice of that of gokus starting powerlevel, so it should times gokus powerlevel by 2 and get 3,000,000. Fortunetly, thats not possible. You will never gain pl on a character switch, it will force you to loose atlease 3/4ths of your KI. If your PL is lower then the character start PL after the switch, it will automatically up it to the character start PL.
And to top things off, when you click on C ( Character select ), the VGUI menu pops up without killing you. Now you wont loose all of your pl by accidently pressing a button on your keyboard :)

its brilliant!

even though i wish you would have left the 3/4ths thing cuz i would have been the first person to exploit it :devil:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did he mention the fact that theres a cancel buttion now :D

Best answers
This is once again one of the amazing improvements of the beta...as far as i've seen this beta should rock with al of those new and better improvements!!!!

Best answers
hi, i didnt wanna make a whole new topic about this so ill just ask it here, how much pl do u lose when you die? and whats the exact difference between KI and PL in the beta?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant answer youre first question,
but ki is representing the amount of "energy" you have to; charge attacks; use turbo; fly;
powerlevel is the strengt youre attacks will have,
more ki means beeing able to play longer without powering up
more pl means more damage to youre opponent

Best answers
Originally posted by Reptile
i cant answer youre first question,
but ki is representing the amount of "energy" you have to; charge attacks; use turbo; fly;
powerlevel is the strengt youre attacks will have,
more ki means beeing able to play longer without powering up
more pl means more damage to youre opponent
yes i know, but didnt you notice that in beta the pl meter is gone?!
so is the maximum amount of ki u can have the same as your PL
or is your ki your pl?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
afaik, PL is Ki and Ki is Pl

Best answers
you're wrong... the blue meter is your ki... when it's all gone, you can't do anything; you have to recharge it... the number on the blue bar is your power level (your strength)

Best answers
Originally posted by Gambit
you're wrong... the blue meter is your ki... when it's all gone, you can't do anything; you have to recharge it... the number on the blue bar is your power level (your strength)

:yes: you are right.

at naz:

just look into the manual, and then u can see that when in the guide with the turbo aura, that it will deplete the blue bar, but the number on it doesnt change.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SO what are u saying that the amount of Ki will always be the same?!?!?

Don't think so, that would be weird, u have the same amount of ki with a higher pl?!? afaik the amount of total ki where we are all talking about is determined by ur pl

and I tought it was the same amount as ur pl, but I'm not sure on that one

dudeman asked about the max pl, not current pl

Best answers
no. It means that as you charge your attacks the ki (blue) bar will decrease but your PL will stay the same. Now as you grow stronger, the attacks will use less and less ki and so u can fire more attacks at a higher pl then at a lower pl. As far as I know. Dont quote me on that though

Best answers
Originally posted by nark
no. It means that as you charge your attacks the ki (blue) bar will decrease but your PL will stay the same. Now as you grow stronger, the attacks will use less and less ki and so u can fire more attacks at a higher pl then at a lower pl. As far as I know. Dont quote me on that though
i dont think it's as your pl grows but when you transform all your attacks will take less ki to use.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gambit, your on a roll ;)
The number in the ki bar is your pl, and the accual bar its self is your KI. When you transform, you use ki more efficiantly, so everything takes less ki then before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom