Sven Coop: Resident Evil?!?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Every so often in the past, a group of ESFers (me, prozac, magus, hsu, valkyrie_alpha, pain, synth, etc.) would all play Sven Coop on the 2 Resident Evil maps. Very good times.

We should do it again! (while I currently have access to a very fast windows machine, there's no linux libs, and, ironically enough, no dedicated servers for sven)

I'm thinking tomorrow night/afternoon (EST) for the game/games (although we may have to schedule it late to accomodate european folks).

I have enough pipe to support quite a large server, but I don't want to go too high (maybe 12 as max).

--------------------

What you will need:
Steam Account (with Half Life 1, not Half Life: Source)
Sven Co-op v3.0 Full Install (pick from mirror list)

and the maps:
Edit: Map removed because it crashes HLDS and we can't play it
http://files.filefront.com/Sven+Co+op+V30+Resident+Evil+Map/;1674723;;/fileinfo.html
http://www.svencoopcentral.com/download.php?view.205 (click the little disk icon next to "download" to start)

--------------------

Please reply and let me know if you'd like to take part, and what times you are available (keep in mind times mentioned above are EST, which is GMT-5). Anyone can feel free to play with us. :)

Edit:

Ventrilo (latest version) is up at 72.192.6.79 on default port (3784)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
Every so often in the past, a group of ESFers (me, prozac, magus, hsu, valkyrie_alpha, pain, synth, etc.) would all play Sven Coop on the 2 Resident Evil maps. Very good times.

We should do it again! (while I currently have access to a very fast windows machine, there's no linux libs, and, ironically enough, no dedicated servers for sven)

I'm thinking tomorrow night/afternoon (EST) for the game/games (although we may have to schedule it late to accomodate european folks).

I have enough pipe to support quite a large server, but I don't want to go too high (maybe 12 as max).

--------------------

What you will need:
Steam Account (with Half Life 1, not Half Life: Source)
Sven Co-op v3.0 Full Install (pick from mirror list)

and the maps:
http://files.filefront.com/reo1exe/;4312242;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Sven+Co+op+V30+Resident+Evil+Map/;1674723;;/fileinfo.html
http://www.svencoopcentral.com/download.php?view.205 (click the little disk icon next to "download" to start)

--------------------

Please reply and let me know if you'd like to take part, and what times you are available (keep in mind times mentioned above are EST, which is GMT-5). Anyone can feel free to play with us. :)

(I may throw up a TeamSpeak/Ventrilo server if enough people have mics, as the ingame chat is garbage)
You know I'm in, fool. Make it at night, so I'm able to play

*gas chambers my school*

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sven Co-op leads to some great times. Count me in. =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG
BLOOD
O_O

Count on me joining you tomorrow if I can get the rest of my stuff out of the way. Stupid finals week...

Best answers
count me in...maybe... if i can get it downloaded and stuff easily

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the SC Resi maps, count me in :yes:

Time-wise...8pm EST is good for me.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
/me joins
time doesnt matter

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I would love to play with you guys, but i can't... I'm at my dads this weekend, which means slow pc :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love to play too, but sadly, due to living in Australia, and the fact I killed my internet, I won't be able to.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It seems some people will be able to play earlier, and some people will be able to play much later (like almost midnite EST), so we can probably do multiple games.

The best way to organize who can play at any given time is............ IRC. so I went ahead and registered an IRC channel, #re-esf on Gamesurge

Go and idle in there if possible, so we can guage approximately how many people can play at a given time. If you don't know how to use IRC, message me on AIM/MSN (under my location in the upper right of this post) and I can hook a brother up.

!_!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even know what Sven Co-op is. I've never tried it. Hmm...maybe it's worth a shot, if there are resident evil maps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt, you think once the RE maps get played to death we can have a group of us play through the SC Campaign/Story Mode, or even the HL story (5 players vs. Nihilanth or Gonarch = win)?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah sure, Hsu and me and some other peeps are testing out the RE maps as we speak. :eek:

72.192.6.79 if you'd care to join

Ventrilo is up @ 72.192.6.79 (default port, 3784) if you'd like to cyber us

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At school right now, but I'll be able to join up later today. =o

We have got to play on Pain's puzzle map. XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
We have got to play on Pain's puzzle map. XD
lmao
I can't believe you still remember that. I think I'd be cracking up too much watching more than one person try to solve it. XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, kept dropping from the server, it kept saying I couldn't connect to Steam despite the fact I was playing the game on Steam -_-

Hope you beat the Megasquid :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom