Svar to disable kiblobs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The suggestion is the title. I'm pretty much fed up of *smack* *smack* *kiblast* *kiblast* *kiblast* *blob'd*. Ki Blobs drain my HP while the other guy just floats there and powers up. They also look odd and have a tendancy not to dissapear and lag up servers when they don't. I only vaguley recall two or three ki blobs in DBZ as it is. So here I am expressing my intense dislike for those white orbs of whorish pain.

So how about a flag in the server options to disable them so ki blasts just explode like Scattershot? If you like the kiblobs, keep them on the server, if you're like me and would rather not see them, an option to disable them would be fine and dandy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a good idea, because the expierenced players ALWAYS use them after meleeing you to the ground, and that sucks because i'm a noob, so I am giving thumbs up for this idea, like you said, just an option to enable/disavle kiblast!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea. I consider myself an above-average player, but Im also Melee-only. Most people say I'm a dying breed and gen beams and ki blasts are the way to go, but I like to play esf my way. Losing 10 hp per ki blast with an average of 3 kiblasts per 2 simple melee hits takes a toll on your hp. I don't mind being comboed to the ground or the ceiling but having to watch goku flip backwards or get up in slow motion while getting ki blobbed can get irritating.

In other words: 2 thumbs up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best idea I've heard all month. :yes:

I want it, and I want it now.

Best answers
no. you should rather just decrease the spammability of them like 1 every 3 seconds or something.
it's good to shoot for confusing your opponent or to get him where you want him.
basically you're on the ground for 5 seconds(?) and it won't really hurt you to get blasted once, then get up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Removing ki blobs would encourage the use of gen balls once the opponent is down. You can easily fire 4 or 5 balls at minimum charge or 2 balls followed by one beam jump that have been charged a bit longer.

While I like the idea, I'm wondering which is the lesser evil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not make an option to disable ki blasts AND generic beams? Oh no, on second thought, no, forget I said that.
Just make an option for ki blasts, because sometimes if you get hit hard then you dharacter rests for a while on the ground then only stands up after 5 seconds and to stand up wastes another 2 secs. so by that time you could have 10 ki blasts in you and a generic beam awaiting your stand up, sorry for my bad use of language.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firing 10 ki blasts is a bit much. Gen balls dont take long at all at minimum charge and they still do a healthy amount of damage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference between using genballs and kiblobs is that your opponent has to use ki on the genballs, whereas they could powerup and gain ki with the blob. Also if you get up just in the nick of time you can swat away a genball but you cant block blobs.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone knocks you diagonally and you hit the ground and roll (which is what most people do), they can easily shoot 2-3 gen balls at you and you wont be able to dodge. I find that does more damage than a ki blob, but ki blobs happen more often.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
A flag / command to disable it would be nice. But let me remind you that the ESF-W Servers has a plugin on it that enables MELEE only and disables all the other attacks. But its mostly off. Also, i believed its called "Cvar" :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A cvar (client variable) is something controlled by the client which effects just him. These are things like visual effects that don't effect the other players. An svar (server variable) is something that effects gameplay, and is applied to the whole server.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ah! Learned something new today, thank u. And to think of it,

Cvar --> C for Client
Svar --> S for Server

How stupid can i be O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YEah, I also learnt something new, thanx!
But they have to give you that option though, because sometimes it really helps if you play against someone good like fire phoeni, robo_KILLA, skyrider, etc.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im guessing a plugin can be made for this idea. 10/10 though.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
The suggestion is the title. I'm pretty much fed up of *smack* *smack* *kiblast* *kiblast* *kiblast* *blob'd*. Ki Blobs drain my HP while the other guy just floats there and powers up. They also look odd and have a tendancy not to dissapear and lag up servers when they don't. I only vaguley recall two or three ki blobs in DBZ as it is. So here I am expressing my intense dislike for those white orbs of whorish pain.

So how about a flag in the server options to disable them so ki blasts just explode like Scattershot? If you like the kiblobs, keep them on the server, if you're like me and would rather not see them, an option to disable them would be fine and dandy.
Hmz, i'm not reallly for cvars to cripple attack options. I'd rather balance it out (if there is anything that needs balancing that is). We'll see how it works out with the new melee & stamina.

The second part of your reasoning is like:
"Let's be able to remove kiblobs because they are bugged and look ugly in your previous release."

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
harSens said:
Hmz, i'm not reallly for cvars to cripple attack options. I'd rather balance it out (if there is anything that needs balancing that is). We'll see how it works out with the new melee & stamina.

The second part of your reasoning is like:
"Let's be able to remove kiblobs because they are bugged and look ugly in your previous release."
Well i rather think he means that the kiblops "bug" should be fixed it the cause can be found. And that it should be balanced more :) as you already said on the first lines
I'd rather balance it out (if there is anything that needs balancing that is)
I do have to agree though, to many people (including me) will shoot kiblops / beams when the opponent is on the ground. getting over 30hp in damage, and it does depends on the powerlevel of the enemy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not really sure if it's possible to balance ki blobs aside from just dumbing down their hp-per-sec cost, i'd rather just see them gone (on my server). Maybe I can get someone to make an addon or something instead.

nge

Best answers
I don't really see the big issue with them. They're just additional damage and an added benefit to the ki-blast, which would probably become sorely underused without ki-blobs.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
In my opinion, disabling ki blobs is the wrong way of going about it. There is still strategy to using them. A better way to fix this idea is an instant recovery move.

It may use up some ki to instantly get up , so that way you can avoide a ki blast, blob, etc. Or if you are low on ki/ stamina, you cannot use it, therefore taking longer to get up, because you are weak in theory.

I think an instant recovery move would also speed up the game too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom